I have a good feeling

This Chiefs team is not like years past. There is something different. I think the Chargers loss is gonna be good for them. They get into playoff mode early as they need both games to win the west. Unless San Diego loses this week and we win.  I think they will be fired up on Defense . Both players and coaches. For all of you expecting disappointment, I say that you need to be prepared for something else. Chiefs are going all the way!  I have a good feeling.

If the Chiefs do not beat themselves, there is not a team in the league as gue that can beat us.    The rationale behind my good feeling is simply this team is different because of #15.  His vision, ability to extend plays and arm talent makes this team scary good on any given play.  I think the Chargers loss lights a fire that burns white hot. 

I appreciate your optimism, but "expecting disappointment" is a defence mechanism that most Chief's fans have developed over time.  Having a good feeling and thinking this time will be different just makes it hurt even more when the rug is eventually swept out from under us in spectacular fashion.  

Good feelings are always nice but rarely helpful. We have been optimistic way too many times only to suffer major disappointments and the more optimistic we got the more disappointing the losses became. 

This team exceeded everyone's expectations this year. We should be happy with that since our franchise QB seems to be way better than any of us imagined, however I'll be hoping for a SB while preparing myself to the very disappointments I've suffered throughout my entire life.

2 hours ago, sith13 said:

Good feelings are always nice but rarely helpful. We have been optimistic way too many times only to suffer major disappointments and the more optimistic we got the more disappointing the losses became. 

This team exceeded everyone's expectations this year. We should be happy with that since our franchise QB seems to be way better than any of us imagined, however I'll be hoping for a SB while preparing myself to the very disappointments I've suffered throughout my entire life.

This is what worries me. Mahomes has been great but do we expect the same results next year? Even 10 less TDs is still 10 less. Yeah it is still great to have 40 or whatever but it still will be a step back compared to this year. We cant waste seasons like this.

59 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

This is what worries me. Mahomes has been great but do we expect the same results next year? Even 10 less TDs is still 10 less. Yeah it is still great to have 40 or whatever but it still will be a step back compared to this year. We cant waste seasons like this.

I'm doubtful. Defenses will adjust to Mahomes even better next year and offenses will try to keep possession trying to keep him off the field. However as Reid mentioned Mahomes has just scratched the surface, so we never know. However I believe we'll always have a competent offense with Mahomes in town so it'll basically be a matter of how good of a defense we can field. 

Archived