...and this is why we got rid of Peters

I called Peters a cancer early last year and got lamb basted for it! The guy isn't as good as people make him out to be and his attitude and antics are going to boil over if the RAMS get upset in the playoffs. Lastly how about his language, he should be fined fined by the league. Peters is the poster child for what is wrong with the NFL and I know a lot of you don't like it but last year Kelce was and embarrassment also but he has seemed to grow up this year and just play football.

Peters has some incredibly thin skin. Whether it is idiot fans or refs flagging him or a WR toasting him or coaches trying to coach him up, he loses his cool. He doesn’t strike me as a particularly smart or disciplined individual. He will flame out badly if he doesn’t get his head straight.

I'll give him credit though I thought for sure he would act up against us. Taunting or unsportsmanlike penalty,  especially after the interception. It's an Oakland thing as he would say, a lot of hate and pinned up anger. I advise stay away from Oakland if your white you will get a lot of bad looks, I plan to never go back.

9 minutes ago, Troyofoc said:

I'll give him credit though I thought for sure he would act up against us. Taunting or unsportsmanlike penalty,  especially after the interception. It's an Oakland thing as he would say, a lot of hate and pinned up anger. I advise stay away from Oakland if your white you will get a lot of bad looks, I plan to never go back.

That's messed up, and I don't blame you. 

I think he is still close with a lot of the Chiefs players, and has respect for Reid. I saw him embracing Reid after the game. Having said that, I wonder if the Chiefs won, how he would have acted.

17 hours ago, Troyofoc said:

For some reason, not able to look it up atm, but I thought Peters did do some taunting that game?

11 hours ago, Docbarnabee said:

Peter's freelances too much. Chiefs traded him because they want a more disciplined player and decided to get something for now. I do not think we would be much better with him on this team. 

This is exactly what I hear the coaches were saying in KC. They couldn't control him emotions, but also had a hard time just getting him on the game plan. It is interesting though Bob Sutton used him far more effectively than Wade Phillips. 

18 hours ago, Troyofoc said:

It almost looked like Peters postgame "hug" with Andy Reid was heartfelt. This isn't Andy's first rodeo or malcontent. He knew how to ship him out before it reached a boiling point. 

8 hours ago, Balto said:

For some reason, not able to look it up atm, but I thought Peters did do some taunting that game?

Don't think so.  There was one point (during Mahomes's pick-6) when he was laying on top of him and talking.  But apparently Peters was telling Mahomes he'd pick him up.  I think Peters genuinely misses his teammates -- he said as much after the game.

BTW, if you watch the video, there are about 3 other guys standing around and all their heads snap to the stands at the same time.  Peters went too far (of course), but whatever was said got all their attention.  Wonder what anyone could say from the stands to get that kind of reaction from multiple people on the field?

Archived