Mahomes and Kelce records

Mahomes has 4543 yards and Green led with 4591 for single season record.  Mahomes has 346 completions to Greens record 369

Both may/should fall this next game but will for sure this year barring any bad thing happening....knock on wood.

Kelce has 1220 yards. He needs 66 yards to pass TG (1285) for all time single  Chiefs season and 108 yards to break the 1327 NFL record set for a single season from a TE by Gronk. Also with 93 receptions he needs just 9 more to tie receptions record in single season of 102 set by TG. The one thing he wont get is record by a TE is for single season touch downs whixh he has 10 but record is 17.

38 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

Mahomes should break both against Seattle and Kelce break the Chiefs record against Seattle.   The NFL record for Kelce might depend on if they are resting or playing their Starters against the Raiders. 

No way we can rest the starters in the Raiders game. If the CHIEFS lose to the Raiders and have a tie record with the Chargers then the the CHIEFS lose the tie breaker we must with the Raiders game unless the Chargers lose to the Broncos.

30 minutes ago, AppalachianChief said:

No way we can rest the starters in the Raiders game. If the CHIEFS lose to the Raiders and have a tie record with the Chargers then the the CHIEFS lose the tie breaker we must with the Raiders game unless the Chargers lose to the Broncos.

If the Chargers lose to the Ravens Saturday night and we beat Seattle Sunday night then we win the division and HFA.   

If what I've read is correct we hold the tie breaker over them meaning the Raiders game wouldn't mean anything. 

Could very well be wrong 

37 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

If the Chargers lose to the Ravens Saturday night and we beat Seattle Sunday night then we win the division and HFA.   

If what I've read is correct we hold the tie breaker over them meaning the Raiders game wouldn't mean anything. 

Could very well be wrong 

Not true I sure wish it was, if the CHIEFS lose to the Raider in week 17 and the Chargers lose to Ravens and beat the Broncos which gives the CHIEFS and Chargers identical records the CHIEFS lose the tiebreaker and are the 5th seed and the Chargers are the #1 seed.

3 hours ago, AppalachianChief said:

Not true I sure wish it was, if the CHIEFS lose to the Raider in week 17 and the Chargers lose to Ravens and beat the Broncos which gives the CHIEFS and Chargers identical records the CHIEFS lose the tiebreaker and are the 5th seed and the Chargers are the #1 seed.

No.and yes if we lose to Raiders while they lose to Ravens we.have identical records in conference and division but it still favors us 88% to be the number 1 seed.based off competitions record of the teams. You can select wins and losses of the last 2 games here to see what happens

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/upshot/kansas-city-chiefs-nfl-playoff-picture.html#lac-bal-16=loss&sea-kc-16=loss&kc-oak-17=loss&den-lac-17=loss&event=seed1

39 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

No.and yes if we lose to Raiders while they lose to Ravens we.have identical records in conference and division buy it still favors us 88% to be the number 1 seed.based off competitions record of the teams. You can select wins and losses of the last 2 games here to see what happens

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/upshot/kansas-city-chiefs-nfl-playoff-picture.html#lac-bal-16=loss&sea-kc-16=loss&kc-oak-17=loss&den-lac-17=loss&event=seed1

Thank-you for the information! I'm glad I didn't know what I was talking about. I was going by the ESPN playoff machine.

1 hour ago, AppalachianChief said:

Great link kkuenn!!!! If the CHIEFS, Ravens & Eagles win this weekend then the CHIEFS win the #1 Seed regardless of what happens in week 17 doesn't matter.

So we will be rooting for those teams to win.

What if the Chiefs win and the Chargers lose in week 16 and the Texans win? The Texans are just 1 game behind going into week 17. Haven't looked at the tiebreakers but if we rest our starters and lose to the Raiders and the Texans win in week 17 they have the same record. Any way the Texans leapfrog the Chiefs in that scenario?

4 minutes ago, dhitter said:

What if the Chiefs win and the Chargers lose in week 16 and the Texans win? The Texans are just 1 game behind going into week 17. Haven't looked at the tiebreakers but if we rest our starters and lose to the Raiders and the Texans win in week 17 they have the same record. Any way the Texans leapfrog the Chiefs in that scenario?

Well from the link above we get the #1 seed.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/upshot/kansas-city-chiefs-nfl-playoff-picture.html#lac-bal-16=lossϕ-hou-16=loss&sea-kc-16=win&hou-jax-17=win&kc-oak-17=win&den-lac-17=loss&event=seed1

11 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Chiefs just need to win out and leave no wiggle room. Seems like we have said it 5 or 6 times already but this coming Sunday will be the game of the year for KC.

3 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

It may help us if we have to keep playing hard. Taking breaks going into the playoffs haven’t helped us much. Imagine if this season is Mahomes floor though... what if he gets better? 

There are skill position players like Tyreek fighting through injuries that really need a break. As for Mahomes I think he can get a lot better based on Andy’s statements.  Once he really understands how to read defenses and can just pick people off in the pocket with that arm. Better at taking what defense gives and not forcing things at the wrong time. I doubt he has many statistical years like this but will be more efficient and still put up big numbers by normal standards.  Plus hopefully defense will improve to where he’s not having to throw 40 times per game. 

19 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Chiefs just need to win out and leave no wiggle room. Seems like we have said it 5 or 6 times already but this coming Sunday will be the game of the year for KC.

With Tyreek hobbled we need one of these backups to emerge with career games. Guys like Conley and Robinson need to prove right now they belong as part of our future.  Same with Harris.  And these backup RBs have to come up big against a shaky Seahawks run defense.   

3 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

With Tyreek hobbled we need one of these backups to emerge with career games. Guys like Conley and Robinson need to prove right now they belong as part of our future.  Same with Harris.  And these backup RBs have to come up big against a shaky Seahawks run defense.   

I know Tyreek was not at full speed against the Chargers. But he had to go on a short week. I'm hoping the extra time til Sunday night will allow him to be at a higher level of recovery and more effective. We shall see.

7 hours ago, dhitter said:

I know Tyreek was not at full speed against the Chargers. But he had to go on a short week. I'm hoping the extra time til Sunday night will allow him to be at a higher level of recovery and more effective. We shall see.

We gotta hope. If he’s gonna hop around again and play mainly as a decoy my plan would be to sit him til January and take my chances. As Derwin James said we were pretty much a normal offense last Thursday carried by a QB without weapons. A far cry from the team I think could have put 60 on the Chargers in week 1 if we had too.  

• 4 years later...