Six Chiefs make Pro-Bowl Roster

From ESPN

Kansas City Chiefs

Pro Bowlers: Eric Fisher, OT (1); Dee Ford, LB (1); Tyreek Hill, WR (3); Travis Kelce, TE (4); Patrick Mahomes, QB (1); Anthony Sherman, FB (1)

The Chiefs had six selections, tied for second-best in the league. Four players earned their first nominations, including Mahomes. He won the honor in his first season as a starter.

Did you know? The Chiefs have had at least six nominees for the Pro Bowl in five of the last seven seasons. They had four in each of the other two years. -- Adam Teicher

34 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Pro Bowl is a joke.

CJ should be in....

How in the world do you not select the league's most accurate kicker ever?

Freaking popularity contest

Yes it is, to a certain extent.

I think a lot of these guys get lost in the hype amongst other players.  I also think with some players, it depends on how you start off your career and establish yourself. If you start off hot, you almost automatically get voted in every year, even if you don't deserve it. Chris Jones didn't start off hot like Aaron Donald or Josie Bosa. If he keeps playing like he's playing consistently from this season on, he will get recognized.

I'm happy for Fisher. It's hard to live up to were he was drafted, but he ended up being better than Luke Joeckel and has played hard. I remember watching him in the senior bowl practices and how tough & scrappy he looked. He's looked like that all year, even when he's gotten his ass kicked.

One thing I heard that may have affected Jones is how he plays the run. The assumption was he so aggressive trying to get to the passer, that he doesn't play the run well. I'm not saying it's right, because I've heard the same thing about Donald, but it's a thought.

Archived