Veach should look at what the Rams did

No way do you pull a Rams and sign big defensive FA. Wade Phillips was a proven DC that repeatedly had built championship defenses, you can justify risking those kinds of movea with him. Bob Sutton has proven nothing consistently, you don't spend like that with him leading the way. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, artsy said:

Well, Hunt was a good pick..right?

No one could see the future...

He was, but didn't he have issues in college before this latest incident?  Maybe I'm overreacting to the situation, because I'm sure other guys had done things similar to him, I'm almost positive of it. 

Another way to look at this is how the Ravens built up their offense last offseason. They signed John Brown, Michael Crabtree and Willie Snead all in free agency. And that's that's what i'm talking about yall. None of them are "superstars" but they are experienced vets who can get the job done. So let's say we went out and signed Breeland, Darby and Thomas to our secondary, wouldn't that automatically take our defense to another level overnight? And if Thomas is too expensive then swap him for Iloka. I think that would be huge because we already have a worldclass pass rush. And let's be real yall, are three rookies from the positions where we'd be picking at likely to make a bigger impact than those three? I doubt it. 

44 minutes ago, MisChief-Maker said:

Another way to look at this is how the Ravens built up their offense last offseason. They signed John Brown, Michael Crabtree and Willie Snead all in free agency. And that's that's what i'm talking about yall. None of them are "superstars" but they are experienced vets who can get the job done. So let's say we went out and signed Breeland, Darby and Thomas to our secondary, wouldn't that automatically take our defense to another level overnight? And if Thomas is too expensive then swap him for Iloka. I think that would be huge because we already have a worldclass pass rush. And let's be real yall, are three rookies from the positions where we'd be picking at likely to make a bigger impact than those three? I doubt it. 

Anquan Boldin was a very good example. He has never been the high priced guy that torches defenses on fire but rather solid guy that the offenses could rely on. We need some of that on defense, we focus on star potential but miss out on serviceable 2nd or 3rd tier guys. Once those star potentials don't become a reality we end up with a bunch of useless guys. 

13 hours ago, sith13 said:

Anquan Boldin was a very good example. He has never been the high priced guy that torches defenses on fire but rather solid guy that the offenses could rely on. We need some of that on defense, we focus on star potential but miss out on serviceable 2nd or 3rd tier guys. Once those star potentials don't become a reality we end up with a bunch of useless guys. 

When there is no identity it's hard to choose the right players. Veach tried to go out and get guys like Ragland and Hitchens assuming they'd be impact players immediately and bring attitude to a defense which couldn't hold a 21-3 lead to the Titans. Sutton and Veach are not on the same page.

3 hours ago, DefensiveMan said:

When there is no identity it's hard to choose the right players. Veach tried to go out and get guys like Ragland and Hitchens assuming they'd be impact players immediately and bring attitude to a defense which couldn't hold a 21-3 lead to the Titans. Sutton and Veach are not on the same page.

When your identity is defined by a coach who is only invested in offense, and bob is your DC, you are  going to have struggles.

On 12/21/2018 at 5:38 AM, MisChief-Maker said:

On 12/21/2018 at 6:27 AM, sith13 said:

When Joe was the QB, brown and Crabtree were getting targets.

Now with Lamar, Snead catches everything in the middle.

Bolding was the best WR Joe ever had....that's pretty sad and shows you how much Joe has had to do it on his own.

2 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

When Joe was the QB, brown and Crabtree were getting targets.

Now with Lamar, Snead catches everything in the middle.

Bolding was the best WR Joe ever had....that's pretty sad and shows you how much Joe has had to do it on his own.

He had Torrey Smith, Steve Smith for some years. Bolden fit the offense because his mentality was tough minded and could make those tough catches over the middle. Snead has filled that role this year.

On 12/22/2018 at 12:16 PM, DefensiveMan said:

He had Torrey Smith, Steve Smith for some years. Bolden fit the offense because his mentality was tough minded and could make those tough catches over the middle. Snead has filled that role this year.

Torrey Smith could not run routes and always looked like he was falling down.

Smit was done.

Archived