Chiefs vs Seahawks Your Predictions

Neither of our starting corners has the ability to mirror a receiver. So they either have to jam at the line and try to disrupt or give a cushion. Unfortunately, they are still getting beat. It's frustrating to watch A receiver just run by our corners and the only thing they can do is grab or pray. And Parker looks so old and lost out there. When is the last time he provided help over the top? This defense is bad on a historical level and because Sutton does not make adjustments to the players abilities, because he favors some players like Sorenson (who has done nothing IMO) over a guy like Lucas, and because Sutton plays weakass prevent when we have a lead in the 2nd half of games....he should be FIRED!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/21/2018 at 11:07 PM, jetlord said:

Defensive holding and pass interference by the Chiefs just illustrates how poor the DBs are.  When one gets beat all the time, one grabs.  When one is slower than the receiver, one interferes to compensate.  It's not all bad technique, it's bad talent or undeveloped talent.  Hasty and Carter didn't rack up penalties on half the plays.  No team playing the Chiefs need fear 2nd and 20 or even 4th and 9.

Unfortunately, you are correct on all counts. 

8 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

History says it’s worth asking.  Our last playoff victory was on the road.

So was our worst collapse (2013) and our worst overall performance (2006).  Yes, we have an embarrassing playoff losing streak at Arrowhead, which is part of an overall embarrassing playoff record since Super Bowl IV, congrats for pointing out what we all know.  Would you honestly rather not be at Arrowhead?  Chargers game aside this defense has been a lot better at home than on the road.

17 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

So was our worst collapse (2013) and our worst overall performance (2006).  Yes, we have an embarrassing playoff losing streak at Arrowhead, which is part of an overall embarrassing playoff record since Super Bowl IV, congrats for pointing out what we all know.  Would you honestly rather not be at Arrowhead?  Chargers game aside this defense has been a lot better at home than on the road.

You know what?  I don’t honestly know, is that okay to say?  I’d like to think things are different now because we have Mahomes, and I believe things will be different in the future, but right now, with our injuries and lack of a running game and defense, I don’t know.  

12 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

You know what?  I don’t honestly know, is that okay to say?  I’d like to think things are different now because we have Mahomes, and I believe things will be different in the future, but right now, with our injuries and lack of a running game and defense, I don’t know.  

The only people who would say we are better off not playing at Arrowhead, have never been to Arrowhead IMHO   

4 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

The only people who would say we are better off not playing at Arrowhead, have never been to Arrowhead IMHO   

That, or the 0-6 thing.  But hey, if it makes you feel better to say that to me, more power to you.  Half my adult life I’ve lived overseas.  What about you?

8 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

I can see it right now, though, even with Mahomes if we get into a shootout where our defense fails us (so, you know, at least two and arguably all three of our losses) then people are going to say it's the same old Chiefs, we can't have a playoff game at Arrowhead, we can't go 13-3, etc.  And that won't be fair.

2 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I can see it right now, though, even with Mahomes if we get into a shootout where our defense fails us (so, you know, at least two and arguably all three of our losses) then people are going to say it's the same old Chiefs, we can't have a playoff game at Arrowhead, we can't go 13-3, etc.  And that won't be fair.

You’re right, it won’t be, and it likely won’t be Mahomes’ fault, but it won’t matter.  And it won’t matter because of the Chiefs dubious home playoff record.  

3 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

That, or the 0-6 thing.  But hey, if it makes you feel better to say that to me, more power to you.  Half my adult life I’ve lived overseas.  What about you?

My point stands. If you haven’t experienced the deafening crowd noise and how it impacts QBs here when we have any defense at all, then you are making assumptions on less info than those of us who have.  

Theres a definite pressure to beating this streak now, but that needs to be beat down to send us into the sustainable elite long term level we aspire. Whether that happens now or two years from now  

I was at every one of those losses and I can guarantee the environment contributed to holding the 97 Broncos to their lowest point total of the season or holding the Steelers to zero TDs in 2016.  Bottom line is we lost both to better QBs who made a clutch play our QB could not. The crowd can only do so much. 

All said there’s only one team in the entire league that’s not better off playing at home and that’s because they have no real home.  

17 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Only because of bob and his poor game strategy.

6 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

My point stands. If you haven’t experienced the deafening crowd noise and how it impacts QBs here when we have any defense at all, then you are making assumptions on less info than those of us who have.  

Theres a definite pressure to beating this streak now, but that needs to be beat down to send us into the sustainable elite long term level we aspire. Whether that happens now or two years from now  

I was at every one of those losses and I can guarantee the environment contributed to holding the 97 Broncos to their lowest point total of the season or holding the Steelers to zero TDs in 2016.  Bottom line is we lost both to better QBs who made a clutch play our QB could not. The crowd can only do so much. 

All said there’s only one team in the entire league that’s not better off playing at home and that’s because they have no real home.  

I understand and I wish I’d had the opportunity to be there.  I didn’t.  I just want this team to buck the trend and get this monkey off our back.

21 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Who cares what people say?

40 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

LAC was 0-9 and won this year.  History has it's limit in predictions. 

17 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

I understand and I wish I’d had the opportunity to be there.  I didn’t.  I just want this team to buck the trend and get this monkey off our back.

As long as you recognize the simple reality that a BYE and a home game is a far better path than opening in Baltimore and having to win that just to get as far as the bye week we would have earned affords us. Once we are good enough to defend Arrowhead in January, we have a shot for multiple rings.  

3 minutes ago, jetlord said:

LAC was 0-9 and won this year.  History has it's limit in predictions. 

I’d agree with one simple point that we do have a mental hurdle to overcome to beat down this streak.  Once we do though, look out!  And you can’t beat down history without opportunity.  And that means doing enough in the regular season to earn those chances.  

Heck we haven’t been a 1 seed in over two decades.  

Archived