Chevarias Ward. Big corner

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

25 minutes ago, VIChiefsFan said:

It looks like some of you guys may be getting your wish.  Ward was lined up with the starters at practice yesterday.  

Would be great to let the kid get some reps and If he steps up and performs well then it would be good to have a tall corner who could line-up against the Chargers if we meet them again. I'm guessing Ward got Fuller's snaps though as he hasn't practiced for the last two days. 

10 hours ago, sith13 said:

I'm sure being a project rookie plays a role but considering how Lucas is sitting on the bench I'm guessing Ward would be getting overlooked even if he's somewhat ready to see the field. 

I think Reid also has input at this point. My guess is these guys are not getting it done in practice and suck more than the starters that suck..

2 hours ago, FANATIC said:

I think Reid also has input at this point. My guess is these guys are not getting it done in practice and suck more than the starters that suck..

Disagree. I think Sutton is loathe to play inexperienced players and Reid is so heavily involved in the offense Sutton gets a lot of autonomy with regard to all things defense.

2 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Maybe theyve finally had enough of Scandrick. Doesnt matter. Sutton wont play the youngster come Sunday.

He's likely only in there because Fuller wasn't practicing. I do like Smith and Ward as develpmental guys. If one of them could pan out it would obviously really help. But hard to know what either can do when they never play. I would think just tactically if either is active they would get some snaps in less meaningful situations at least. I'm sure neither rookie is likely ready for any sustained role, but tangible playing time is invaluable to evaluation and development.

The idea our backups can’t play because they can’t beat out our bad starters is debunked due to the fact our best safety jordan lucas never sees the field.

at a certain point when your secondary is as bad as ours is you play the young guys and see what they’ve got, hell even call up the practice squad.

chiefs never take that approach and it’s maddening to me. 

2 hours ago, azchief21 said:

Just think how bad he must be if he can't get on the field ahead of the group of CBs we keep rolling out there.

Just think about how really bad sutton is to keep rolling out the trash and not get the younger kids more prepared to take over. 

Bob "I won't play you unless you are a 1st round draft pick" sutton 

1 minute ago, Palangi said:

Just think about how really bad sutton is to keep rolling out the trash and not get the younger kids more prepared to take over. 

Bob "I won't play you unless you are a 1st round draft pick" sutton 

Its ridiculous. I mean he is doing the exact same things he did last year. Same personnel, same playcalls, same alignments. The game has passed him by. I cannot wait to have an aggressive, innovative playcaller on that side of the ball.

25 minutes ago, Chiefswinitall said:

tell us more.  where did you hear it?

Everyone in the inside is expecting to be the #1 seed and all horses will be in the stable for the Divisional Round.  Expectations are holding the Lamar Hunt trophy.  Anything less and heads are expected to roll.  Basically confidence is to the moon on Offense, so all pressure is on the geezer and he'll be thrown under the bus if it fails.

34 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Everyone in the inside is expecting to be the #1 seed and all horses will be in the stable for the Divisional Round.  Expectations are holding the Lamar Hunt trophy.  Anything less and heads are expected to roll.  Basically confidence is to the moon on Offense, so all pressure is on the geezer and he'll be thrown under the bus if it fails.

Expectations weren't that high before the season started so if the Chiefs win one playoff game I'm not  sure heads will roll.  Maybe even Reid can see the failure of Sutton's coaching and will change, but the pressure won't be on.  Hope I'm wrong.

Archived