Chevarias Ward. Big corner

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 hours ago, jetlord said:

Expectations weren't that high before the season started so if the Chiefs win one playoff game I'm not  sure heads will roll.  Maybe even Reid can see the failure of Sutton's coaching and will change, but the pressure won't be on.  Hope I'm wrong.

i'm telling you guys, he's cooked.

10 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Dude where are you getting this from? Dont be that guy that is all evasive and secretive. If you dont have a link at least say you have a trustworthy source. 

I get tid bits here and there.  So far it seems like it's more reliable than Nick Athan.  Don't think that's something to brag about but whatevs.

Just now, Iluvhouse24 said:

Nick Athan hasnt had inside info since Herm was fired.

I think his source was one of Carl's goons.  Lynn something Can't remember the full name.

I think the main frustration from Andy isn't simply that the Defense isn't good, as they expected it with young guys and key holes.  The real issue is there has been zero improvement from the start till now.

55 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

The fact that Veach went in to this season thinking any of these DBs could compete in the NFL scares me. Not to mention the IILBs. 

Only so much you can do without a first round pick and a god awful CB FA class.  The top guy was uh Malcom Butler?  He was bad.

They have a 1 at least next year and two 2nds, but they need multiple corners and next years FA class blows too.

16 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Only so much you can do without a first round pick and a god awful CB FA class.  The top guy was uh Malcom Butler?  He was bad.

They have a 1 at least next year and two 2nds, but they need multiple corners and next years FA class blows too.

I would still expect some effort with a few high upside guys and could may be spend a pick looking for a trade after the season started. Nobody expected the Chiefs to compete this year including Veach, IMO he just overlooked the need. 

48 minutes ago, sith13 said:

I would still expect some effort with a few high upside guys and could may be spend a pick looking for a trade after the season started. Nobody expected the Chiefs to compete this year including Veach, IMO he just overlooked the need. 

If Veach didn't expect to compete than he should probably be fired.

They traded a guy that played like a probowl corner in this system without really any means to replace him that would be suitable.  The coordinator decided to not throw away all of his 3 man rush plays fully knowing he didn't have dick shit to cover with and the guys above him thought it was a great idea.

They had the opportunity to actually be ready to make that run, but they decided to choke on their own ties, mistaking them for fruit rollups, instead.

6 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

Trumaine Johnson, Kyle Fuller, Prince Amukamara, EJ Gaines, Mo Claiborne, TJ Carrie. Thats a pretty solid class. If you think it was bad, have a gander at this years crop. Nelson might be the best one out there, and that my friend...is depressing.

Bryce Callahan is having an excellent year and I doubt the Bears can keep him after paying Fuller and Prince, but he is another guy suited better for nickel or slot.  Its time to draft secondary early and often.

7 hours ago, sith13 said:

Exactly. Brass could not have expected Mahomes would be this amazing. Built the roster for 2019.

Still Veach put together a pathetic back up roster.

4 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Trumaine Johnson, Kyle Fuller, Prince Amukamara, EJ Gaines, Mo Claiborne, TJ Carrie. Thats a pretty solid class. If you think it was bad, have a gander at this years crop. Nelson might be the best one out there, and that my friend...is depressing.

Bryce Callahan is having an excellent year and I doubt the Bears can keep him after paying Fuller and Prince, but he is another guy suited better for nickel or slot.  Its time to draft secondary early and often.

Trumaine Johnson has been a FA bust so far.  Fuller was a transition tag that reupped.  Claiborne apparently wanted ro stay in NY?

Gaines is a walking concussion and Carrie is a slot guy.

I thought they should have kicked the tires on Rashaan Melvin and still think they should.  Not a great year for the Raiders, but they also have 0 pass rush so only so much a guy can do.

Archived