Ravens Chargers Game Thread

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yahtzee baby.  All those last second wins and questionable calls they’ve relied on all year just caught up with them.  Ravens couldn’t finish us, but they finished the Chargers.  Big congrats Warmer!

To me this even more changed my approach to handling really dinged up guys tomorrow.  Start thinking January.  Only 1win needed to get us third straight division title and bye week!

1 minute ago, Legend of AC said:

Last 5 AFC 1 seeds made the SB.  It’s premature, but it’s ours to lose, and by lose I mean completely blow.  It would be so good to see Mahomes come out firing tomorrow night and light up the Hawks to get us the 1 seed.

Yes that would be really nice. Not only would it be nice,  it would be a statement

17 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

What's the tiebreaker over Houston? 

We win tomorrow and Houston loses we win the number 1 seed.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/upshot/kansas-city-chiefs-nfl-playoff-picture.html#phi-hou-16=win&sea-kc-16=loss&hou-jax-17=win&kc-oak-17=loss&den-lac-17=loss&event=seed1

7 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Chiefs only need a win I think. I think we hold it.

3 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

Read even if we lose tomorrow, we beat raiders in week 17 and we have the top seed

3 minutes ago, beltranfan said:

Texans have 3 AFC loses.  Worst case scenario the Chiefs would have 2.  So Chiefs have the tie-breaker of Houston.

If we win either game, we win the West and get a bye for sure.

If we do that (win at least one game) then the only way we could lose the #1 to Houston is actually if we beat Seattle but lose to Oakland while Houston wins out.  That's because we would tie in conference record.  Next tiebreaker is strength of victory, where Houston is currently ahead of us.  I didn't work out how us beating Seattle and Houston beating Philadelphia and Jacksonville would change that (and it depends on additional games anyway).  Tiebreaker after SOV is strength of schedule, we currently have a small lead in that but again I didn't work it out and there are really too many variables and possibilities to list anyway.

10 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

Last 5 AFC 1 seeds made the SB.  It’s premature, but it’s ours to lose, and by lose I mean completely blow.  It would be so good to see Mahomes come out firing tomorrow night and light up the Hawks to get us the 1 seed.

The AFC is WIDE open. Gonna come down to health and matchups every week.  Main thing is getting leg up by having to play one less game, having extra rest time and a home game to boot.  We need 1 more win to cash that well earned claim check.  Nobody’s gonna hand us that win though. 

7 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

The AFC is WIDE open. Gonna come down to health and matchups every week.  Main thing is getting leg up by having to play one less game, having extra rest time and a home game to boot.  We need 1 more win to cash that well earned claim check.  Nobody’s gonna hand us that win though. 

No, of course not.  But, if this team loses the next 2 games we don’t deserve to be the 1.  

32 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

If we win either game, we win the West and get a bye for sure.

If we do that (win at least one game) then the only way we could lose the #1 to Houston is actually if we beat Seattle but lose to Oakland while Houston wins out.  That's because we would tie in conference record.  Next tiebreaker is strength of victory, where Houston is currently ahead of us.  I didn't work out how us beating Seattle and Houston beating Philadelphia and Jacksonville would change that (and it depends on additional games anyway).  Tiebreaker after SOV is strength of schedule, we currently have a small lead in that but again I didn't work it out and there are really too many variables and possibilities to list anyway.

Bottom line is Chiefs beat OAK and they're #1.  Lose both and LAC could still win the division.  Win at SEA and lose to OAK gives HOU a shot at the top seed if they beat PHL.  It's hard not to assume a win over the Raiders, but the history between the two teams and "any given Sunday" will make us fret all next week.

10 hours ago, Legend of AC said:

No, of course not.  But, if this team loses the next 2 games we don’t deserve to be the 1.  

I agree completely.  That’s why I’m not afraid to go to week 17 needing a win if we don’t get it done tonight. Keeps us sharp too  And why I’m sitting really banged up guys tonight. 

I think Andy would prefer to start 20 backups next week though. Pretty sure he wants this thing sealed up right here, right now and play week 17 on his terms. 

Archived