No matter what happens against Seattle...

You're exactly right and that brings up the question, "How important is the SEA game?"  Winning tomorrow does insure that the Chiefs can't be seeded after the Pats, but winning in Arrowhead next week fixes everything and I don't see how the Chiefs lose that one.  My prediction for the final seedings is:

1. KC

2. HOU

3. NE

4. BAL

5. LAC

6. IND

It's possible that PIT could win in NO, but the odds against them are big.  HOU has a tough game in PHL but I think they may win that one.  The rest of the contenders should win out.

14 minutes ago, jetlord said:

You're exactly right and that brings up the question, "How important is the SEA game?"  Winning tomorrow does insure that the Chiefs can't be seeded after the Pats, but winning in Arrowhead next week fixes everything and I don't see how the Chiefs lose that one.  My prediction for the final seedings is:

1. KC

2. HOU

3. NE

4. BAL

5. LAC

6. IND

It's possible that PIT could win in NO, but the odds against them are big.  HOU has a tough game in PHL but I think they may win that one.  The rest of the contenders should win out.

Agree with everything. I'd swap NE and Houston. Philli is rejuvenated under Foles. That defense is playing really well again.

7 hours ago, jetlord said:

1. KC

2. HOU

3. NE

4. BAL

5. LAC

6. IND

you forgot the Titans

8 hours ago, jetlord said:

1. KC

2. HOU

3. NE

4. BAL

5. LAC

6. IND

Here's what I got:

AFC

KC (13-3)

NE (11-5)

Houston (11-5)

Balt (11-5)

LAC (12-4)

Indy (10-6)

NFC

NO (14-2)

LAR (13-3)

Chi (12-4)

Dallas (10-6)

Seattle (9-7)

Philly (9-7)

Houston loses at Philly.  Pitt loses at NO.  Balt beats Cle in week 17 to sew up the North.

If KC loses out and LAC lose to Denver, Houston loses one, and NE wins out, they are the one.  Puke.

11 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

I think because of this we rest a few more guys and also don’t overextend Berry.  

Watkins already out, can see Ware and even Fuller sitting.  

Do you sit a guy like Fuller tonight now.  Maybe a lesser roll for banged up Tyreek? Ware isn’t playing.  Upside is we can win anyway and if downside is having  meaningful game at Arrowhead I’m okay with that even if it means we could lose.  I don’t like idea of three full weeks between meaningful games. And if we can’t beat Oakland in that spot we deal our own fate. Tonight’s game just isn’t nearly as important now. 

That said I’m not suggesting they don’t go all out with available or healthy guys trying to win it!  I just think these 50-50 health wise guys can now be handled differently. 

3 hours ago, sith13 said:

What's the risk in losing against the Raiders if we beat the Seahawks? The division and conference records would be the same (assuming Chargers win), what's the next tie-breaker in line that could go against us?

2 hours ago, beltranfan said:

If we beat the seahawks the #1 seed would be wrapped up.  Can play 3rd stringers against Oakland.  Give all the vets 3 weeks off to get healthy

If we beat the Seahawks but lose to the Raiders while Houston wins out, then the conference record tiebreaker, where we currently lead Houston, would be tied and it would go to strength of victory.  Houston is currently leading in that category (ESPN standings, if you click "playoffs," will show strength of victory and strength of schedule); I don't know if that could flip or not with results over these final two weeks.

Best case scenario, IMO, is that Houston loses today (leading 16-13 at PHI as I type this) and we take care of business tonight.  I know some people are scared of having a bye and the team being "rusty" for historical reasons; they do not want a meaningless game + the bye.  But I think getting Berry, LDT, Ware, Watkins, etc. as healthy as possible is far more important.

Archived