Chiefs vs SeaChicken Game Thread

Reid.  What can I say.  How many times can he go the conservative route, expect his defense to make a stop, only to have it blow up in his face?  A guy that’s lauded as being so creative on offense, yet he just can’t get out of the conventional football trap when it’s just not working.  Expecting a bad defense to make plays when it counts is suicide. 

Also, fuck Eric Berry.  Not being on the field on the last drive. The money he’s taken from this franchise with no return is absolute grand theft. 

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, moons314 said:

Reid.  What can I say.  How many times can he go the conservative route, expect his defense to make a stop, only to have it blow up in his face?  A guy that’s lauded as being so creative on offense, yet he just can’t get out of the conventional football trap when it’s just not working.  Expecting a bad defense to make plays when it counts is suicide. 

Also, fuck Eric Berry.  Not being on the field on the last drive. The money he’s taken from this franchise with no return is absolute grand theft. 

EXACTLY

6 minutes ago, moons314 said:

This is why we should’ve kicked onside after the last td. 4 minutes to go.  Either you get it, or they have a shorter field and they score quicker.  You can’t think conventional football when the defense is this bad. 

Exactly, its damn near reaching the point of onside kicking every time because the d wont stop them anyways 

Just now, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Exactly, its damn near reaching the point of onside kicking every time because the d wont stop them anyways 

Chiefs should never ever kick a field goal. Let Mahomes have all four downs all game long. There is nothing to lose.

7 minutes ago, moons314 said:

What are you talking about? The decision to kick off with 2 timeouts and 4 & 1/2 minutes on the clock?

4 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

What are you talking about? The decision to kick off with 2 timeouts and 4 & 1/2 minutes on the clock?

I know it flies in the face of conventional football, but did we really think our defense would make a stop?  If anything we’re lucky they scored as fast as they did to even give us an opportunity.  I get it, I really do, but we all knew how it was gonna play out.  When you have a historically bad defense, you have to take chances in other areas. 

2 minutes ago, moons314 said:

I know it flies in the face of conventional football, but did we really think our defense would make a stop?  If anything we’re lucky they scored as fast as they did to even give us an opportunity.  I get it, I really do, but we all knew how it was gonna play out.  When you have a historically bad defense, you have to take chances in other areas. 

I would not have hated an onside kick there but let's not go overboard on what we call "conservative."  You blamed Reid for going conservative in the Chargers loss on the basis of what was literally a single running play.  We can be more aggressive and buck conventional wisdom but there are limits before we have no balance and are completely shooting ourselves in the foot.

4 minutes ago, moons314 said:

I understsnd what you are saying. The idea that Reid had this much evidence and is still expecting our D to get a stop is ludicrous. But you cant kick onside there. You have to give them the long field or hope that they turn it over during the return. That wasnt conservative. 

Different flavoring this year, but the end result is looking more of the same ol' shit.  It's going to take a miracle effort by Pat to get a playoff win, but I just can't see any result other than the annual Defensive collapse.

After awhile, just gotta stop sticking the ol' dick into the garbage disposal.  Not buying this team going far next month.

36 minutes ago, dksww said:

At least we know Sutton will be fired.

No way he survives this

Of course no opi called on  Baldwin.

This defense is so bad it gives up touchdowns on 2nd and 19 from the 32 yard line.

Do you really think Sutton will be fired after the season is over?  Do you have confidence Reid will fire Sutton?  I do not have your faith that Sutton will be fired. 

3 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Different flavoring this year, but the end result is looking more of the same ol' shit.  It's going to take a miracle effort by Pat to get a playoff win, but I just can't see any result other than the annual Defensive collapse.

After awhile, just gotta stop sticking the ol' dick into the garbage disposal.  Not buying this team going far next month.

Surgeon General:  Sticking the ol dick in the garbage disposal may cause injury or death. 

1 minute ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

Do you really think Sutton will be fired after the season is over?  Do you have confidence Reid will fire Sutton?  I do not have your faith that Sutton will be fired. 

That's the fear, certainly.  All indications are that Andy is fiercely loyal, but he's really never been in a situation quite like this, at least not in KC.  The defense was terrible at times last year but we also played in some very low-scoring games.  Here it is clearly historically bad for a sustained period of time, in every loss and many of the wins the defense has been the issue.  You might have to hope that Clark will demand some accountability.

12 minutes ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

He had this season to blame it on the players for last season's performance.

He's done after we lose in the playoffs 

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

Mahomes is a one man band 

Yep. In our 4 losses we scored 150 points that's 37.5 points/game. Can you imagine our record if we had any of the QBs we've had in the last 25 years? 11-4 with this defense is a staggering testament to Mahomes talent and value. 

Archived