Playoff scenarios

Let’s assume the teams favored to win next week do.  The playoff matchups would look like this:

1st Round Bye:

KC and NE

Wild-Card games:

Tennessee @ Houston

Los Angeles Chargers @ Baltimore

Lets then assume that the home teams win in the wild-card round.  That would mean this:

Baltimore @ KC

Houston @ NE

The big key to any of this is the Indianapolis Colts @ Titans game next week.  If the Colts win, it’s:

Indy @ Houston

LA @ Baltimore 

So, it’s looking like the Chiefs could very well end up playing the Ravens in the divisional round and I’m pretty sure we’d all prefer not to have that match up.  Perhaps the biggest assumption of them all, however, is that we beat the Raiders next week.  

I'd love to have Indy.  Baltimore has heartbreak written all over it, not that they are some great team, but because their dogshit 1960's style college offense can really bog down a game and give us problems.  IF Baltimore were to upset us in the divisional round, I would fully expect them to get blown out in NE the following week. 

46 minutes ago, moons314 said:

I'd love to have Indy.  Baltimore has heartbreak written all over it, not that they are some great team, but because their dogshit 1960's style college offense can really bog down a game and give us problems.  IF Baltimore were to upset us in the divisional round, I would fully expect them to get blown out in NE the following week. 

Yeah, of course.  No way the Ravens make it past the divisional round with that clown QB of theirs.  

Gotta assume KC wins over OAK or it's probably "wait until next year".  On that basis, it's likely that BAL returns to Arrowhead the next week.  Has BAL improved since the game two weeks ago?  There's a good chance that KC will have.  Add Berry to the mix.  Hope that Sammy can make a contribution.  D. Williams had a 100 yd rushing night in SEA so maybe the Chiefs have adjusted a little for the loss of Hunt.  Not sure about LDT, but it would be a plus to get him back.  I'd worry more about LAC.  They are on a mission and the clock is ticking on Rivers' career.  They would have Gordon this time and Allen would be there for the whole game.  Either way, it will be a tough game but the Arrowhead advantage should tip the balance toward KC.

18 hours ago, moons314 said:

Name the only team to beat the Patriots in the playoffs in Foxborough?

Ravens....not afraid of them at all...

On 12/24/2018 at 6:35 PM, Legend of AC said:

Yeah, of course.  No way the Ravens make it past the divisional round with that clown QB of theirs.  

What games are you watching?  They might be the hottest team in the NFL right now...  I have a hard time seeing NE hold up against BAL.

On 12/24/2018 at 7:24 PM, liquidfriend said:

I'm not assuming a win on Sunday.  Wouldn't be the first Gruden Raider spoiler to happen in the last week @ home

Yup.  That game's not going to be a cupcake.  

Hopefully the Chiefs get up early and avoid turnovers (losing the turnover battle 0-2 -- on the road -- was the killer last week IMO).

On 12/25/2018 at 3:24 AM, liquidfriend said:

I'm not assuming a win on Sunday.  Wouldn't be the first Gruden Raider spoiler to happen in the last week @ home

To be fair we cannot assume a win on any Sunday. We have seen way too many examples of such trap games. Some Raiders will be playing for their jobs which is quite a bit of a motivator. 

On 12/24/2018 at 6:35 PM, Legend of AC said:

You couldn't beat the Chargers, in Arrowhead, with the MVP playing QB for you.

The Ravens went into their house and dominated the Chargers.

Clown, my azz.....

2 hours ago, Legend of AC said:

Yeah, you prefer to troll an entire message board.  Starting threads on Mahomes missing one throw when the guy has 48 TDs seems a tad trollish, no?

When it is the difference the game, it deserves discussion. JFC, people have posted some totally less awesome threads than that....look at your history.

Call it trolling if it makes you feel better, I don't give a crap. I call it "Opening a discussion"

Trolling would be posting something about Kermit the Frog, etc...but I could care less how a player looks or sounds; I care about performance.

Maybe you should also instead of getting your panties in a wad whenever you see something from me....

5 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Clown, my azz.....

Of course we beat the Chargers by 10 points in their house too (and it wasn't really that close). They've got zero home field advantage. In fact most games the opposing fans have more people there than they do. Gotta be demoralizing. Literally I think the Chargers are better off on the road. 

5 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Clown, my azz.....

And the crows couldn't beat that team that got beat by the chargers. And your #1 defense gave up 27 points to that team. What's your point?

Archived