Time to ask questions about Veach?

Bob Sutton obviously needs to be escourted out of the building with his belongings in hand. BUT, serious questions MUST be asked about Veach now imo. Last offseason he spent the entire draft bringing in defensive talent and though Nnadi and Daniel have shown flashes, none of them have set the world on fire. Then we have the Hitchens deal and signing the likes of Amerson and Scandrick whilst failing to get players like honey badger and Breeland. 

The fact the he also contrived to sign Parker instead of Boston or Eric Reid also speaks volumes. He's young i know, but how is it possible for a gm to make the defense even WORSE than it was last year? There's only so long he can live off the Mahomes pick, and next offseason is gonna be very interesting to see. Is he simply a Reid yes man who lived in Dorsey's shadow? Or is he the real deal and he just made rookie mistakes in his first year as the top guy? 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WIth Bob Sutton as DC you just can't expect anything on defense to work.

Fire Bob Sutton, replace everyone on defense except Jones, Ford, Houston, Hitchens, Fuller and Berry.

The offense doesn't need much so the off-season can be spent on fixing the defense through the draft and free agency.

Everything is on Andy for keeping bob. It starts there. Veach took players to suit bobs stupid ass scheme. Why is Andy getting a hall pass. He’s kept this fucking ass hat around for way too long. Should have been fired on the field in INDY.

Veach is a scout first and foremost who has yet to have a first round pick because he advocated so hard for Mahomes when Dorsey was here. Nobody involved with that Mahomes pick needs to be held accountable for the first we didn’t have last year to get him.  Let’s see what Veach can do with three top sixty picks in 2019.  

7 minutes ago, West said:

Guys,  Relax... this team will be contending for the next decade.  Enjoy Christmas.

w

Always on the same page with you- but it’s legit to question reid about keeping Sutton. He has been a part of the epic collapses over and over.

yes we will contend for years 

41 minutes ago, NChiefsCorner said:

C.J Anderson looked pretty good yesterday as Gurley's replacement.

Williams has looked good for us, I'm not saying you are, but let's not get distracted from the fact the defense is the issue with this team.

Chiefs scored 28 points and only had the ball for 25:00 yesterday.  

Sure, but don't let it ruin what has become are really great season for us.  The Chiefs need to get 2-3 more players on Defense for sure.  But let's not forget the great players that are not on the field full time.  Hunt's escapades really hurt us, Watkins, Berry & Fuller should  play when it counts....Its all good.  Everyone said 8-8 this year.

w

I am not a Bob Sutton fan either, but Reid is not going to change horses ( or mules) in the middle of the river...Let's hope a few more guys get healthy and let Patrick and Home field get us to the AFC Championship game?  Who would have thought this before the season, other than Wilkie?

w

11 minutes ago, West said:

I am not a Bob Sutton fan either, but Reid is not going to change horses ( or mules) in the middle of the river...Let's hope a few more guys get healthy and let Patrick and Home field get us to the AFC Championship game?  Who would have thought this before the season, other than Wilkie?

w

My point is- it’s not mid river, west. It was the other side years ago. 

2 minutes ago, West said:

Cali, that was a different river...Right now we are coming into the "strong currents" of the playoffs.....Reid will not make a change until this season is over.

w

Lol. I know he isn’t firing anyone in the middle of a run ;)

he should have been fired 5 years ago 

On 12/24/2018 at 10:20 AM, Mloe68 said:

Veach is a scout first and foremost who has yet to have a first round pick because he advocated so hard for Mahomes when Dorsey was here. Nobody involved with that Mahomes pick needs to be held accountable for the first we didn’t have last year to get him.  Let’s see what Veach can do with three top sixty picks in 2019.  

Completely disagree, a good GM makes his worth by picking solid guys in the later rounds. Veach isn't new to KC or the schemes, he's been a part of this system so to me he needs to perform well this next draft and offseason.  

Not raking him over by any means because you can't transform a defense in one year, but it's showtime now. As GM he needs to do his job and be real with Andy that Bob isn't cutting it and a change has to be made. Then get us some talent 

On 12/24/2018 at 7:20 PM, Mloe68 said:

I'm not that optimistic. We have moved up to draft Speaks who basically didn't play for a year. An entire draft of no starters is a miss IMO. Nnadi is starting lately but not really getting the job done. Normally I like giving a free pass to any GM in their first draft but Veach had the role for a full season before drafting so I think he's on a shorter leash. IMO this offseason will show us his true worth. Hopefully he'll bounce back to have a great one. Otherwise some guys are good enough to take certain front office jobs but aren't really cut out to be the man and Veach would fall in that category. 

51 minutes ago, Calichief said:

If you think Veach sat in that room and made these calls alone, you are crazy.

how many times here have I heard Andy is the end all be all...

not a chance in hell Veach did the drafting alone.

Exactly.  If Veach were calling the shots, Reid wouldn't be here.  Reid has his hands in everything.  That's not to say that Veach doesn't have a lot of input or is just a warm body, but nothing happens at Arrowhead without Reid signing off on it.  IIRC, that was just part of the deal with Clark that brought him here.  Reid didn't want to go the route of GM and coach again, but this is his team, from beginning to end.  Reid and Veach work together, without a ruling party.  Unofficially they are co gms more than anything.  

Archived