Time to ask questions about Veach?

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

but to be fair Sorenson, Baily and Ford's only  come up to 10%..where Ford's on his last year of a rookie contract..not much a GM can do about that and one could argue has been worth every penny this year. so its 6% for the other two

7.32% for the other two.  None the less it's a lot of money for 5 defenders that other than Ford have not contributed a lot and have been injured a lot. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think our model for a quick rebuild comes from the Saints who from 2014 to the 2016, the ranked 31st, 32nd, and 31st, respectively, in defensive DVOA, per Football Outsiders. Sound familiar? They aren't world beaters on defense, but they have a very specific plan which is really working. Stop the run so teams can't keep their lethal offense off the field. And create big plays on defense through high risk/high reward pressure that either gets ball back or gives up quick score and gets offense back out there. 

I think because they didn't feel like they needed to try and build a shut down defense, it created some real shortcuts especially with fixing an awful run defense fast. 

I really hope Brett is looking at how they did this!

It seems to me that they have the offense figured out to say the least.

Beat the Raiders

Get Healthy for the Playoffs (Berry, Watkins, Fuller, LDT.....)

Score 50 a game vs the AFC

Ride Pat Mahomes into a Super Bowl Appearance.

w

6 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I don't think it's out of line to say we could very well be 14-1 right now or even 15-0 if Eric Berry had been healthy the entire year.  Our losses were so close and he's such an upgrade that I think that's entirely possible. 

jmo but losing Hunt has been way more detrimental to the overall record than  gaining Berry would of been..but thats all spilt milk. whether Berry is worth 1 win  this year has yet to be determined

1 minute ago, reesebobby said:

I don't think it's out of line to say we could very well be 14-1 right now or even 15-0 if Eric Berry had been healthy the entire year.  Our losses were so close and he's such an upgrade that I think that's entirely possible. 

We've led every single game this year with less than 5:00 left in the 4th quarter except for the Seattle game which is pretty amazing. It wouldn't take much improvement to get this group over the top in those games next year. Unfortunately the Seattle game showed a team trending slightly the other direction. SO important to get a few of these key offensive guys back.  

On 12/27/2018 at 3:39 PM, oldtimer said:

jmo but losing Hunt has been way more detrimental to the overall record than  gaining Berry would of been..but thats all spilt milk. whether Berry is worth 1 win  this year has yet to be determined

That's why we got Benjamin. He will make those Redzone TD grabs if Mahomes can lay it up high.

Archived