DB Available for Playoff Run

Redskins waived S D.J. Swearinger.

Swearinger said he was called into coach Jay Gruden's office Monday morning and informed of his release. An every-snap player who had played well this season, the move is a surprise based on the timing, but Swearinger had worn out his welcome in the locker room. The final straw was the safety saying he "probably watches more film than the coaches," after Washington's loss to the Titans on Saturday. Swearinger should quickly find a new home, likely with a playoff team.

8 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I think this is more of a player pissed about losing, and coaches reacting because he undermined their authority. Peters is just a damn nut job.

I hope they do put in a claim for him but this isn't a one time thing with him.  Skin's coaches even talked to him about it before,  they just wanted him to keep it behind closed doors. He had the same issue in Houston as well. 

Could you imagine what he would say about Sutton lol. 

14 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Dude this is the 11th rated safety in foorball who has excelled in coverage. I think we owe it to ourselves to kick tires. Is he subject to waivers or an outright free agent?

Every cut goes through waivers post trade deadline.

I don't know about this one.  He complained hard about how soft Washington was with practices.  Would probably spin his head 360 like tales of the crypt if he had to go through a werthers originals practice.

14 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Every cut goes through waivers post trade deadline.

I don't know about this one.  He complained hard about how soft Washington was with practices.  Would probably spin his head 360 like tales of the crypt if he had to go through a werthers originals practice.

Claim him now. Give him 2 weeks to acclimate. Start him in the divisional game. This guy couldnt be any worse than Parker or Sorenson have been. Of course Stevie fuckin Wonder would probably grade out as well as these 2 clowns.

51 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Dude this is the 11th rated safety in foorball who has excelled in coverage. I think we owe it to ourselves to kick tires. Is he subject to waivers or an outright free agent?

Waivers.  He'll never make to the Chiefs

Archived