Missed opportunity

12 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Curious why no one is talking about the PM over throw of Kelce.....

He’s done that at times this year with that huge arm.  He’s still got a lot to learn about how to use his skills more efficiently.  

13 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Because in the long run, it came down to the Defense shitting its pants yet again.

Mahomes is a first year starter, ya know?  Anyhow, half that was on Kelce for not continuing to sprint forward all the way like Pat had been anticipating.

So 

A) "Mahomes is a first year starter"- weak sauce for a guy who is considered the MVP

B) its Kelces fault ...ok

1 minute ago, Handswarmer said:

So 

A) "Mahomes is a first year starter"- weak sauce for a guy who is considered the MVP

B) its Kelces fault ...ok

It happens from time to time. Can't expect anyone to be perfect

I am sure he wished he had it back but he has hit more often than not, thus not mad at him for it. Now if it was Smith who would miss wide open guys as the norm then I could see being mad

We all know that Patrick Mahomes has to play a perfect game for the Chiefs to win in December.  That is too much to ask for since the team always seems to tank in the new year.......I saw a lot of bad tackling and dropped balls etc., so Mahomes is one of the few bright spots on the Chiefs roster & won't get the  finger pointed at him for this loss.......

27 minutes ago, Chiefsbro said:

We all know that Patrick Mahomes has to play a perfect game for the Chiefs to win in December.  That is too much to ask for since the team always seems to tank in the new year.......I saw a lot of bad tackling and dropped balls etc., so Mahomes is one of the few bright spots on the Chiefs roster & won't get the  finger pointed at him for this loss.......

Where are leaders like Houston, Ford, and Berry? They were all absent in the Indi and TN playoff debacles. That is concerning. These huge contracts are absolutely killing us.

5 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Early in the 1st 3rd and two had a chance to move the chains with an easy scramble and Mahomes went for a 40 yard throw to D Rob. He will learn. 

Some people are under misconception this isn’t still a pretty raw product who has A LOT of potential to grow.  Once he really gets it, the spectacular will still be there but needed less. 

Unfortunately with our defense, losing Hunt and a lot of injuries, we are putting too much on his shoulders right now.  This is probably a 8-9 win team with most QBs. But a healthy Tyreek and Watkins changes narrative. Question is, is that even possible at this point.  

6 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Some people are under misconception this isn’t still a pretty raw product who has A LOT of potential to grow.  Once he really gets it, the spectacular will still be there but needed less. 

Unfortunately with our defense, losing Hunt and a lot of injuries, we are putting too much on his shoulders right now.  This is probably a 8-9 win team with most QBs. But a healthy Tyreek and Watkins changes narrative. Question is, is that even possible at this point.  

8-9 wins seems generous.  I was thinking maybe 5-6, which shows how unbelievable Mahomes is.  

9 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

8-9 wins seems generous.  I was thinking maybe 5-6, which shows how unbelievable Mahomes is.  

We were so loaded on offense blowing most teams out until losing Hunt and Watkins that I’m extremely confident Chad Henne would have had us a 7-4 at the bye week.  This offense according to DVOA was playing at a historically high offensive level behind only a few teams ever through 10 games.  Mahomes is a once in a generation talent in my opinion, but he was getting tons of help. 

3 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

Because in the long run, it came down to the Defense shitting its pants yet again.

Mahomes is a first year starter, ya know?  Anyhow, half that was on Kelce for not continuing to sprint forward all the way like Pat had been anticipating.

Hard to sprint when you are held.  Another one the refs missed, or ignored.

2 minutes ago, SEMO said:

Hard to sprint when you are held.  Another one the refs missed, or ignored.

If we're all talking about the same play, he was alone heading to the endzone.  If he had kept sprinting towards the endzone the pass would have been on the money and 7 points.  Instead he started changing pace and tracking the ball ever before he was in the endzone and the ball sailed over his head in result.

That's why it's 50/50 Pat and Kelce.  They weren't on the same page.

54 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

If we're all talking about the same play, he was alone heading to the endzone.  If he had kept sprinting towards the endzone the pass would have been on the money and 7 points.  Instead he started changing pace and tracking the ball ever before he was in the endzone and the ball sailed over his head in result.

That's why it's 50/50 Pat and Kelce.  They weren't on the same page.

I can’t find a replay of it.  But, early in the route he was held just before Pat lef the ball go.  Doesn’t matter now though.

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

We were so loaded on offense blowing most teams out until losing Hunt and Watkins that I’m extremely confident Chad Henne would have had us a 7-4 at the bye week.  This offense according to DVOA was playing at a historically high offensive level behind only a few teams ever through 10 games.  Mahomes is a once in a generation talent in my opinion, but he was getting tons of help. 

our skill players were/are good, but tons of help is pretty generous.  He was making a lot of plays that most QBs don't make, extending plays, eluding sacks, rockets into windows that very few players could make.  Yea, it takes good skill players to complete the play, but Mahomes was doing a lot.  IMO Henne would've had us at 5-6 at best at the bye week, as the offense would've been a carbon copy of the Alex Smith years with lots of screens, sacks and training wheels.  I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think you're underestimating just how good Mahomes has been, and overestimating our skill players.  Losing Watkins hurt more than anything, but we have still seen Mahomes throw TD passes to Robinson, Williams, Harris, Conley, West, guys that aren't exactly weapons. 

32 minutes ago, moons314 said:

our skill players were/are good, but tons of help is pretty generous.  He was making a lot of plays that most QBs don't make, extending plays, eluding sacks, rockets into windows that very few players could make.  Yea, it takes good skill players to complete the play, but Mahomes was doing a lot.  IMO Henne would've had us at 5-6 at best at the bye week, as the offense would've been a carbon copy of the Alex Smith years with lots of screens, sacks and training wheels.  I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think you're underestimating just how good Mahomes has been, and overestimating our skill players.  Losing Watkins hurt more than anything, but we have still seen Mahomes throw TD passes to Robinson, Williams, Harris, Conley, West, guys that aren't exactly weapons. 

And thrown to Benjamin for a td too.....oh wait, that pos dropped it. Still if he had caught it that would have been the 13th different player he completed a td too this season. Wonder what the record is for that?

Kelce was either held or stumbled into another move before finishing his sprint downfield.  Without that he would have had an open shot at the long TD.  Not Mahomes' fault on that one.  There were other plays where Mahomes tried to take too big of a bite of the apple when a short pass or scramble would have made more sense.  Teams are learning how to defend him better and he's learning how to handle some situations better.  He's not that experienced on the pro level yet and makes mistakes.  Still 3TDs and 260 yds. or so are not bad considering the time SEA controlled the ball.

yah he missed kelce. he would have liked to have that one back but what about jackson and flacco? you think they haven’t missed a receiver ? 

the two,fumbles hurt more. killed our opportunity to put up points, control the clock a,d keep,our defense on the bench. when you lose in the turnover category you are more tan likely going to loose. i also think we have been on the loosing end of turnovers in all our loses. 

Archived