Yeah, we lost, but...

We committed 2 turnovers, 1 in our own end. The refs called ticky-tack PI in the end zone against us, we dropped a TD, and gave them a first down off a missed FG which they turned into points. 

Add to all that, #29 wasn’t on the field in crunch time, rookie CBS, and the refs didn’t call shit against Seattle  

Despite a lousy defensive game and all the nonsense I mentioned earlier, we had a chance to win. 

We will beat Oakland. We will win our first playoff game and will host the AFC championship game as favorites. If we lose beyond that it will be disappointing, but it’s way better than anybody thought 17 weeks ago. 

Beat Oakland on Sunday and this will have been one of the most unexpected, exciting regular seasons in franchise history. As banged up as we are on offense and playing this poorly on defense, we sure can’t take that for granted though   Gruden will be pulling out every trick in the book to make this 1999 all over again. 

So let’s get it done, hang another division banner and use that week off to hopefully get a little healthier! 

Agreed, it been a fun season, and one I didn't expect.  I thought Mahomes was going to throw a lot of picks but it would be an exciting season. It's been much more than that and he's better than most thought he would be. 

The corners they started didn't play that bad at times after watching it again. On that one pass, the young Chiefs CB had about as good as coverage as you can get, but Wilson threw the pass just right. 

22 hours ago, Gil said:

We committed 2 turnovers, 1 in our own end. The refs called ticky-tack PI in the end zone against us, we dropped a TD, and gave them a first down off a missed FG which they turned into points. 

Add to all that, #29 wasn’t on the field in crunch time, rookie CBS, and the refs didn’t call shit against Seattle  

Despite a lousy defensive game and all the nonsense I mentioned earlier, we had a chance to win. 

We will beat Oakland. We will win our first playoff game and will host the AFC championship game as favorites. If we lose beyond that it will be disappointing, but it’s way better than anybody thought 17 weeks ago. 

the way the defense is playing, I think that is very optimistic, But I hope you are right

Any loss is a downer, but this one bothered me less than any others this season.  Chargers loss the day before took all the electricity out of the SEA game and it was more like a late season game with not much on the line.  For all that went against the Chiefs and the new guys playing, Ward and Smith at CB, and two ugly turnovers, it was closer than we might have expected.  Can the Chiefs D hold up enough with Berry added into the mix to win a playoff game?  Yep, especially if Erving and Watkins give the O a lift.  It will be a good test against OAK as I expect the playoff starters to play most/all of the game.

On 12/24/2018 at 1:19 PM, Mloe68 said:

Gruden will be pulling out every trick in the book to make this 1999 all over again. 

Ugh.  I was at that game, what a gut punch.  3 kickoffs out of bounds.  The last time I remember seeing a barefoot kicker.

• 3 weeks later...

They have exceeded my expectations and as a team they are "way ahead of schedule"

Mahomes is not just a franchise QB, he is the MVP.  That alone, changes EVERYTHING>

If he can stay healthy, the next 10 years are going to be fantastic.

If they beat the Pat's this week....wow...just wow.

w

Archived