DJ Swearinger

D.J. Swearinger this season: * Started all 15 games * Played all but 1 defensive snap * Led Redskins in INT (4) * Led Redskins in pass breakups (10) * Pro Bowl alternate Now released, he's subject to waivers. A claiming team would owe him $176, 470 for the rest of this season.

15 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

He has another year left on his deal.  They probably want to a.  have help next year b.  block the Rams

The Cardinals will now assume the balance of Swearinger’s contract. Signed through 2019, Swearinger has a $4.25 million salary plus a $250,000 roster bonus next year.

3 hours ago, dksww said:

I don't think so, I'm pretty sure the Cardinals had the #1 waiver wire priority and took him on it.

I think all teams put in their claims without knowing what the others are doing.  So it's possible that the Packers (or any other team) put in a claim, but the Cardinals got it.

2 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

I think all teams put in their claims without knowing what the others are doing.  So it's possible that the Packers (or any other team) put in a claim, but the Cardinals got it.

I didn't think of it that way, you're right.  that's how it works.  I'm pretty sure ARI had the #1 waiver priority though.

5 minutes ago, dksww said:

I didn't think of it that way, you're right.  that's how it works.  I'm pretty sure ARI had the #1 waiver priority though.

Right - I'm just saying, for all we know the Chiefs put in a claim but never had a chance.  Sometimes that info leaks, sometimes it doesn't.

Archived