When the oline is healthy it’s average, but well thought out enough to Andy’s system we had leagues leading rusher last year and passer this year.  

Fisher has had some real struggles this year at times , but he’s fine for now.  Certainly would help had we not lost our best interior olineman for the season.  

Years ago when the Chiefs had Willie Roaf I seen how good an offense can be when they have a HOF LT.  Since then I had been stuck on the Chiefs drafting a LT in the draft. They drafted Albert, and he was good at times, and of course we had Shields for all those seasons. I was excited when they drafted Fisher, but he hasn't lived up to where he was drafted, which is very hard to do. 

I think he's played good at times, very good, but when he messes up it's usually at the worst time.  He gets overpowered a lot.

I agree with you in this thread who say the Chiefs have other needs. 

The next time the Chiefs draft a LT , it's got to be someone big and stout, like Willie Roaf, or Jonathan Ogden . Fisher is listed at  315,  but I bet that's exaggerated and he's closer to 300.  Roaf played at 320 and Ogden a whopping 340, and I bet those weights were exaggerated the other way. 

Roaf and that line had each other. It was solid as hell with each guy doing well. You can have an elite LT but if the LG is shit you still will get shit. Not saying Fisher is end all, but I want to see the LG really upgraded before going after LT, heck  Center too before LY

33 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Road and that line had each other. It was solid as hell with each guy doing well. You can have an elite LT but if the LG is shit you still will get shit. Not saying Fisher is end all, but I want to see the LG really upgraded before going after LT, heck  Center too before LY

We need Cam Erving back. He has a naty edge to him we've missed in weeks.

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

When the oline is healthy it’s average, but well thought out enough to Andy’s system we had leagues leading rusher last year and passer this year.  

Fisher has had some real struggles this year at times , but he’s fine for now.  Certainly would help had we not lost our best interior olineman for the season.  

I wonder what he would be like if we drafted another LT, and moved him over to the right side?  Overall Fisher has had a good year, but at the same time, when he has struggled, it's been pretty bad.  He seems to be either really good or really struggling, not much in between.

Jeff Allen is a huge problem bu Fischer has been getting served these last two weeks.  I mean just bull rushed into Mahomes lap over and over again.   Mahomes masks a lot of it by moving around the pocket but that left side of the line couldn't give him any time last night.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Roaf and that line had each other. It was solid as hell with each guy doing well. You can have an elite LT but if the LG is shit you still will get shit. Not saying Fisher is end all, but I want to see the LG really upgraded before going after LT, heck  Center too before LY

I agree but I think we found our LG next year,  Andrew Wylie. Once LDT comes back to RG Wylie can kick over to LG. I like Wylie and think he has done a very good job.  He is big and physical.  Can get out in space and move.  And plays nasty.  

34 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I agree but I think we found our LG next year,  Andrew Wylie. Once LDT comes back to RG Wylie can kick over to LG. I like Wylie and think he has done a very good job.  He is big and physical.  Can get out in space and move.  And plays nasty.  

Wylie is getting owned and dominated.   Need something else.

34 minutes ago, Chiefswinitall said:

Wylie is getting owned and dominated.   Need something else.

Agreed. Hes done ok as a fill in. But hes not a long term solution. Hes graded out pretty poorly, and Ive noticed a marked increase in pressure up the middle the last 4 weeks.

I think ideally theChiefs would like to see Mackenzie grab that spot. But a competition between him, Wylie, and Erving should only help.

I don't think Wylie has been the issue inside.  I think it is more LG and the center.  

I'm not a Morse fan.  I think he is vastly overrated.  I hope Mackenzie is being groomed to be our future center.  

If we can get an upgrade over Wylie then I'm all for it.  But I've been pleased with him to this point.  

7 hours ago, Palangi said:

Wylie is a good backup but hasn't shown enough to be a starter IMO. Definitely need him around and he could progress nicely over the next couple years or something but too soon to name him LG. 

33 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Wylie is a good backup but hasn't shown enough to be a starter IMO. Definitely need him around and he could progress nicely over the next couple years or something but too soon to name him LG. 

I'm all for competition at LG with Wylie.  

Archived