First Timer at Arrowhead

Hey everyone, traveling from Erie, Pennsylvania this weekend with the wife, kids, and parents to watch the Chiefs win the AFC West this Sunday. What time does parking open, should I buy parking pass ahead of time, any info on the logistics would greatly be appreciated. I've done research on BBQ so I am good on that info. Thanks for your help, and lets go CHIIEEEEFFFFFSSSSSS!

You'd do well to buy parking passes ahead of time. Its 60 bucks at the gate. They will open at 9am. The highway gets shit packed on the exits just outside the stadium though before game time, so it doesnt hurt to get there earlier.

Just dont plan on getting in our out of our parking lot quickly, lol. Enjoy.

It's a 3:25 game.  If you are coming for your first one, I would be there no later than noon so you can see what the tailgating is all about and also make it into the stadium on time to enjoy the pregame.  I'd be there earlier actually but not later than noon.  And if you are flying in, cooking your own tailgate is difficult.  Any of the local barbecue places have platters to go and it's an easy way to DIY without needing a grill.  And also you get to experience KC BBQ. 

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

It's a 3:25 game.  If you are coming for your first one, I would be there no later than noon so you can see what the tailgating is all about and also make it into the stadium on time to enjoy the pregame.  I'd be there earlier actually but not later than noon.  And if you are flying in, cooking your own tailgate is difficult.  Any of the local barbecue places have platters to go and it's an easy way to DIY without needing a grill.  And also you get to experience KC BBQ. 

I forgot they flexed it. Good call. Gates usually open 3 hrs before kickoff I think. Maybe earlier Sunday since it the season finale.

One more thing...KC fans are first class. My wife us a Raiders fan and she was treated with nothing but respect the entire day. Same could be said for many other Raiders fans I seen at the game. I've been to Cleveland, Buffalo, Detroit multiple times to catch Chiefs and Raiders games, and Chiefs fans out classed them all. Makes me proud to apart of Chief Nation.

I also had a great time, wished I would of made it earlier to the game for the tailgate. Other than that had great seats sec 246 row 1. Best sporting event I've ever been too, compared to California sporting events where the fans lack emotion. Chief fans were awesome and respectful. Stadium is amazing everything I heard and more. Only tiny gripe would be the fan behind me constantly yelling let's go chiefys, not sure if that's his baby talk or what.  Also ate at slaps was planning to go to Joe's only to find out they are closed Sundays (next time ). I now play to make a yearly trip. Loved seeing everyone decked out in chief gear as I'm always the only one at home.

5 hours ago, PAChiefsFan79 said:

One more thing...KC fans are first class. My wife us a Raiders fan and she was treated with nothing but respect the entire day. Same could be said for many other Raiders fans I seen at the game. I've been to Cleveland, Buffalo, Detroit multiple times to catch Chiefs and Raiders games, and Chiefs fans out classed them all. Makes me proud to apart of Chief Nation.

Yeah,  there's nothing like a game at Arrowhead. 

Archived