Arrowhead pride. Defense against Seattle. Justin houston thought.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018/12/26/18156136/the-chiefs-defense-made-many-changes-against-seattle-yet-failed-once-again

Kinda disappointed in AP now.  They did great gif images of when the OLINE was terrible .  Remember that?   We need breakdowns of the defense.  We need to OUT individual players.  Maybe most of them suck now except for Ford and Jones. 

Justin Houston -When is it time to bench him?  He didn't do much in the Seattle game. He's gone downhill fast. 

Is Breeland Speaks that much more inferior?  

Bench him? Just before the playoffs?? Lunacy!!! Cut him after the year? definitely unless he takes a pay cut and that aint happening.

Is he on the decline? I think so but no one on the defensive  roster is as good  except Ford at this time..we need all hands on deck these last 2 games..I say 2 because I believe the Chiefs will be 1 n done as usual 

Is it me or has Ford been washed out lately the last 3 or 4 weeks? Started great but seems to have stalled as of late. I think we tag him and do a prove it year again because I have not been impressed with him lately. I would live to see both let loose though to rush the qb. An attacking defense, go figure .

2 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Is it me or has Ford been washed out lately the last 3 or 4 weeks? Started great but seems to have stalled as of late. I think we tag him and do a prove it year again because I have not been impressed with him lately. I would live to see both let loose though to rush the qb. An attacking defense, go figure .

He's been getting doubled and chipped. (At least the last two games)

Houston's the one that hasn't done a damn thing...I think we really need to try and trade him in the off season.

Use our 1st pick for a Top Flight CB, and sign a big name FA CB. Maybe take a pass rusher with the 2nd rnd pick and a DT or ILB with the 3rd rnd pick..

Let Houston walk. He has no fire or intensity anymore..

7 minutes ago, artsy said:

Houston's the one that hasn't done a damn thing...I think we really need to try and trade him in the off season.

Use our 1st pick for a Top Flight CB, and sign a big name FA CB. Maybe take a pass rusher with the 2nd rnd pick and a DT or ILB with the 3rd rnd pick..

Buddy you aint tradn someone  in Houston's situation  that carries a 21M cap hit and when most teams know there is a very good chance he's gonna be let go..especially if Ford gets tagged

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/justin-houston-7789/

8 minutes ago, artsy said:

Hell yeah! Teams are lining up to give up picks for declining, 30 year old players with 21 million dollar cap numbers.

39 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

He still grades out as an upper echelon OLB but his run defense grade has REALLY dropped this year to barely average

Yep. His overall effectiveness has declined but he is still better than anyone else they could plug in behind him.

7 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Again he's playing on his weaker right side. Nobody is talking about this. In 2016 Ford roared out to 10 sacks. When Houston returned from injury Sutton switched him to the left side and he was virtually a NON factor the rest of the year. Move Ford around the LOS and get creative with the pass rush. It's unreal.

1 hour ago, DefensiveMan said:

Again he's playing on his weaker right side. Nobody is talking about this. In 2016 Ford roared out to 10 sacks. When Houston returned from injury Sutton switched him to the left side and he was virtually a NON factor the rest of the year. Move Ford around the LOS and get creative with the pass rush. It's unreal.

No, I know this. Thing is are you telling me the guy is not good at covering, not good at run stop and can only play on the left side of the defense to be effective? This is then showing that he needs to be tagged and we need to get more rushers via draft next year or FA because no way do we give out a huge contract to someone that can o ly play one side with injury history.

29 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

No, I know this. Thing is are you telling me the guy is not good at covering, not good at run stop and can only play on the left side of the defense to be effective? This is then showing that he needs to be tagged and we need to get more rushers via draft next year or FA because no way do we give out a huge contract to someone that can o ly play one side with injury history.

He should be rushing the passer most of the time. Move him around the LOS. That is the best way to get the most out of his pass rushing abilities. We have talented rushers. 

8 hours ago, ChiefThunder said:

Would we all be talking about Houston like this if he had 10+ sacks right now? He has 7.5 sacks in the 10 games he has played. 

He's still a great pass rusher. When given the go he can get to the QB or disrupt the pocket pretty much every time and does it on the strong side. However his performance against the run has declined considerably this year, he's also not as good in coverage but not much of a dropoff when compared to the run. I don't know if it's an expected decline due to age or something wrong with him he went from being one of the best overall 3-4 OLBs to an average guy real fast. 

If he has market value I would probably trade him, doesn't seem very realistic though. 

Thing is this defense seems poised to lineup on Sunday as one of the healthiest groups in the league. And yet going forward into January it just doesn’t seem like it matters.  That just makes no sense minus recognizing the whole thing is broken right now and needs a new vision.    

Archived