LDT is back!

If we win on Sunday this gives him three full weeks of practice before the divisional playoff round. Seems realistic he could actually help us. Also promising Watkins was in and is now out of walking boot. Again really important he gets these three weeks as well to get potentially get through rehab on on the practice field. To sum up, it seems pretty important to me that we win on Sunday. LOL

4 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

If we win on Sunday this gives him three full weeks of practice before the divisional playoff round. Seems realistic he could actually help us. Also promising Watkins was in and is now out of walking boot. Again really important he gets these three weeks as well to get potentially get through rehab on on the practice field. To sum up, it seems pretty important to me that we win on Sunday. LOL

If the Chiefs can’t beat a 4-11 Raiders team when everything is on the line, we’re toast in the playoffs.  Getting these guys back won’t even matter.

1 hour ago, Legend of AC said:

If the Chiefs can’t beat a 4-11 Raiders team when everything is on the line, we’re toast in the playoffs.  Getting these guys back won’t even matter.

Some teams just mail in their last game of the year, but this won't likely be one of those as Gruden knows how much that 1999 win at Arrowhead in a similiar spot meant to his program. So I'm taking nothing for granted here against what Im confident will be a very movitvated team that's beaten the Steelers and Broncos two the last three week. Plus Carr is playing well again the last month. They've got some ingredients to play the possession game and keep our O off the field. But their defense is awful. 

But I agree if we can't get this done then our holes on defense are probably too much to overcome in January. All that said if we get both starting guards back, Watkins back and Tyreek reasonably healthy...we are dangerous anywhere. But we need the bye week to give us any chance for that to happen. 

I think the Raiders shot their wad/had their Super Bowl Monday against Denver.  It was their last home game in that stadium and they put everything they had into winning.

I fully expect them to move the ball on our defense, but the Chiefs will win by 2 scores.

btw, how hilarious is it seeing Denver being so terrible?  I don't want to jinx anything, but short of trading the farm away for a top 5 QB(which wouldn't happen), Denver could be looking at a long, long re-build.

Also:

There's lots to be optimistic about with playing in Arrowhead this weekend against a losing team, some key players coming back such as Fuller, Erving and maybe LDT and Watkins soon.  Still, we long term fans have been let down so often when the Chiefs just couldn't lose starting in January, 1996 that we can never be confident that somewhere the upset will occur at the worst possible moment.  KC is 13.5 favorites, probably the most lop sided prediction of the week with the exception of PIT.  Just having a hard time really believing and steeling myself against another disappointment. 

1 hour ago, dksww said:

I think the Raiders shot their wad/had their Super Bowl Monday against Denver.  It was their last home game in that stadium and they put everything they had into winning.

I fully expect them to move the ball on our defense, but the Chiefs will win by 2 scores.

btw, how hilarious is it seeing Denver being so terrible?  I don't want to jinx anything, but short of trading the farm away for a top 5 QB(which wouldn't happen), Denver could be looking at a long, long re-build.

Also:

That would just break my heart HEHEHEHEHEHHEHE!!!

I actually hate the Donks worse that the Raiders,

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

Some teams just mail in their last game of the year, but this won't likely be one of those as Gruden knows how much that 1999 win at Arrowhead in a similiar spot meant to his program. So I'm taking nothing for granted here against what Im confident will be a very movitvated team that's beaten the Steelers and Broncos two the last three week. Plus Carr is playing well again the last month. They've got some ingredients to play the possession game and keep our O off the field. But their defense is awful. 

But I agree if we can't get this done then our holes on defense are probably too much to overcome in January. All that said if we get both starting guards back, Watkins back and Tyreek reasonably healthy...we are dangerous anywhere. But we need the bye week to give us any chance for that to happen. 

Was that 1999 game the one where we signed a kicker named Jon Baker who had not played for us before and with time running out on the kickoff kicked the ball out of bounds?   I'm thinking that is the game.  One of the many Chiefs letdowns I remember over the last 50 years.   We need to get our momentum back.  Nobody I would rather beat than Oakland

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

38 minutes ago, wilkie said:

Was that 1999 game the one where we signed a kicker named Jon Baker who had not played for us before and with time running out on the kickoff kicked the ball out of bounds?   I'm thinking that is the game.  One of the many Chiefs letdowns I remember over the last 50 years.   We need to get our momentum back.  Nobody I would rather beat than Oakland

Great memory Wilkie! I was at that game and I didn't even remember that until you mentioned it. Baker indeed kicked the OT kickoff out of bounds. Our FG kicker (Stoyanavich) also missed a 40 yarder on the last play of regulation which would have won us division title. Instead we missed the playoffs all together and I don't think we beat Oakland again for like 3-4 years. I can't imagine Jon Gruden isn't imagining this scenario again this Sunday. We've got a much better QB and coach but the defense that gave up 41 points that day looks pretty similiar. 

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

Great memory Wilkie! I was at that game and I didn't even remember that until you mentioned it. Baker indeed kicked the OT kickoff out of bounds. Our FG kicker (Stoyanavich) also missed a 40 yarder on the last play of regulation which would have won us division title. Instead we missed the playoffs all together and I don't think we beat Oakland again for like 3-4 years. I can't imagine Jon Gruden isn't imagining this scenario again this Sunday. We've got a much better QB and coach but the defense that gave up 41 points that day looks pretty similiar. 

Wasn't that a Gunther Cunningham team?   I was there also.   Remember how deflated the feeling was...….but I was at the Miami Chiefs overtime game Christmas day 1971  ( as was Jetlord ) so I know a thing or two about massive letdown.

Archived