Can we replace Ragland or Hitchens with Dorian O'daniel ?

On 12/26/2018 at 2:23 PM, Chiefswinitall said:

This is a sh*tshow.  A drafted lb'er that struggles against the run ......uggggh.

He didn't struggle vs the run at Clemson. He was one of the best tacklers in college football.  

1. Dorian O’Daniel, LB

The first-team All-American and Butkus Award finalist was perhaps the MVP of Clemson’s team. O’Daniel led the Tigers in tackles with 104 and added 11.5 tackles for loss and five sacks. He also intercepted a pair of passes, returning both for touchdowns. O’Daniel’s versatility as far as excelling in pass coverage, stopping the run and rushing the passer will be missed.

31 minutes ago, Chiefswinitall said:

Interesting.  Everyone is ignoring the Dline while talking about corners,safeties and linebackers.

I'm wondering about it too. I have no clue on 3-4 D but one thing i know is that you need a push by that NT and he needs to get double teamed or else bad things happen.

I rarely saw our Dline make a tackle to stop the run but they did get some penetration.  So confusing.

The idea with the 3-4 is your Nose Tackle (0 technique) eats up the Center and one of Guards while pushing them back and collapsing the pocket on opposing QB's, pushing them out of the pocket where your edge rusher would hug them very tenderly and lightly place them onto a pillow to avoid a 15 yard penalty.  Your ends would either clog up the B's or shoot through them depending on if they're one gap Defenders or 2 gap.

If it's one gap, your ends will rush the gaps while your inside linebackers would fill in the gaps and plug up holes.  It puts a lot of stress on having above average ILB's, but it's the elite system if you have the right pieces.

In a 2 gap, your Ted backer is also known as the Thumper and their job is generally to roam near the LoS and be a fierce run enforcer.  This is what Reggie Ragland is suppose to be doing for the Chiefs, but he's slow and takes poor angles towards the ball carrier.  Dude is totally leaky.

Than you've got your Mike backer, that plays like a true Middle Linebacker which was never really what Hitchens was suited to do.  He needs to eat a bowl of steroids per day during the offseason and be your ted, but it doesn't compensate for the fact that he'll be an overpaid one.  Better to have an overpaid ted than a shitty Mike, though.

I think the main thing people need to understand is that Xavier Williams is a total jag, and if you have a jag in the middle than you're behind the ball.  The Cardinals are totally lacking talent and they took one look at the minimal offer KC extended and said nah.  Enough said.  I think you need to swap him out and swap someone in like Jerry Tillery, who can also be a 3rd down player.

ILB is tricky, but they could fix it.  I think Germaine Pratt, ILB out of North Carolina State, would be an ideal guy to play Mike.  Can cover, play sideline to sideline and can be physical.  Mack Wilson would be your ideal guy in Round 1 and TJ Edwards for late Day 2 Early Day 3 range. 

4 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

The idea with the 3-4 is your Nose Tackle (0 technique) eats up the Center and one of Guards while pushing them back and collapsing the pocket on opposing QB's, pushing them out of the pocket where your edge rusher would hug them very tenderly and lightly place them onto a pillow to avoid a 15 yard penalty.  Your ends would either clog up the B's or shoot through them depending on if they're one gap Defenders or 2 gap.

If it's one gap, your ends will rush the gaps while your inside linebackers would fill in the gaps and plug up holes.  It puts a lot of stress on having above average ILB's, but it's the elite system if you have the right pieces.

In a 2 gap, your Ted backer is also known as the Thumper and their job is generally to roam near the LoS and be a fierce run enforcer.  This is what Reggie Ragland is suppose to be doing for the Chiefs, but he's slow and takes poor angles towards the ball carrier.  Dude is totally leaky.

Than you've got your Mike backer, that plays like a true Middle Linebacker which was never really what Hitchens was suited to do.  He needs to eat a bowl of steroids per day during the offseason and be your ted, but it doesn't compensate for the fact that he'll be an overpaid one.  Better to have an overpaid ted than a shitty Mike, though.

I think the main thing people need to understand is that Xavier Williams is a total jag, and if you have a jag in the middle than you're behind the ball.  The Cardinals are totally lacking talent and they took one look at the minimal offer KC extended and said nah.  Enough said.  I think you need to swap him out and swap someone in like Jerry Tillery, who can also be a 3rd down player.

ILB is tricky, but they could fix it.  I think Germaine Pratt, ILB out of North Carolina State, would be an ideal guy to play Mike.  Can cover, play sideline to sideline and can be physical.  Mack Wilson would be your ideal guy in Round 1 and TJ Edwards for late Day 2 Early Day 3 range. 

The Cardinals switched to a 4-3 base last offseason by the way and their Dline gave us absolute fits. Maybe more than anyone else this season.

Most of your analysis here is pretty interesting.  Just so I understand your saying move Hitchens into Rsglands spot and prioritize the MIke position.  Gotta add a legit corner.  Safety.  And a NT.  (Where are you with moving Speaks back to DE and sliding him inside in our two and four man fronts?   

37 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

The Cardinals switched to a 4-3 base last offseason by the way and their Dline gave us absolute fits. Maybe more than anyone else this season.

Most of your analysis here is pretty interesting.  Just so I understand your saying move Hitchens into Rsglands spot and prioritize the MIke position.  Gotta add a legit corner.  Safety.  And a NT.  (Where are you with moving Speaks back to DE and sliding him inside in our two and four man fronts?   

If Dexter Lawrence is available with our first rd pick, they better be knocking handicapped children over on the way to hand in their card.

Jones, Lawrence, Speaks would be a beastly front 3.

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

If Dexter Lawrence is available with our first rd pick, they better be knocking handicapped children over on the way to hand in their card.

Jones, Lawrence, Speaks would be a beastly front 3.

Larewnce was just suspended from the Cotton Bowl because of a positive test for a PED.  That’s gotta impact his draft status.  

3 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Drops hom to us with one of our 2nd round picks? 

Hard to say. I think he could actually enter the NFL on strike one.  Not positive what rules are.  At this point I’ve seen him anywhere from 15 to early second anyway.  

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

Hard to say. I think he could actually enter the NFL on strike one.  Not positive what rules are.  At this point I’ve seen him anywhere from 15 to early second anyway.  

Naa, prior to him being in NFL or declared for it etc. I do not think he enters with one strike unless he tested positive at the combine.

Archived