Who should be the New DC

5 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

curious..when did that happen? Who changed the rules? the Owners?  that'd be convenient. Surely its not part of the NFLPA renegotiated contract. Its just me being me but I'd take it to court just out of pure petulance 

Coaches aren't covered by the NFLPA and their lobby is not nearly as powerful.  However most owners and coaches aren't total assholes and let guys move up.  Course Jerry Jones gonna Jerry Jones at every opportunity.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok yall there are some very decent candidates coming onto the market now that the regular season is over. Todd Bowles and Steve Wilks are now available along with Vance Joseph. All three are defensive guys and the latter two actually played a role in playing our defense the best this season. Especially Steve Wilks who's team held us to our lowest score (26 points) and had Mahomes praising their defensive personnel after the game. Surely Andy isn't so naive that he would let this opportunity to get a decent DC pass by just so he can keep grandpa Sutton? 

6 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Perhaps. Could bring a revenge attitude as a result of horrible QBs in Denver ruining his HC opportunity & insight to slowing the KC offense.

I don't hate the idea of Joseph but of the fired HCs I would probably prefer Bowles or Wilks.

Bills fire offensive line coach Juan Castillo

Posted by Charean Williams on January 1, 2019, 7:31 PM EST
605918884-e1546389045791.jpg?w=560&h=316
Getty Images

The Bills have fired assistant coach Juan Castillo, Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reports.

Castillo, 59, served as the Bills offensive line coach and run-game coordinator the past two seasons.

Castillo has coached in the NFL since 1995 when he joined the Eagles. He stayed there, in various positions, including defensive coordinator, until the 2012 season ended.

Castillo spent four seasons in Baltimore before the Bills hired him.

The Bills ranked 30th in total offense, including ninth in rushing this season. They allowed 41 sacks.

No to vance joseph and steve wilks for sure. 

Joseph coordinated a belowaverage defense in miami and took an elite d in denver and made them ok at best.

willks runs a 4-3 and got to arizona with studs on defense to run a 3-4, but his inability to change and use his personal doomed him. He is incapable of running a 3-4 and benched good players simply because he didn’t know how to fit them into his 4-3. That is the sign of a god awful coach.

15 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

No to vance joseph and steve wilks for sure. 

Joseph coordinated a belowaverage defense in miami and took an elite d in denver and made them ok at best.

willks runs a 4-3 and got to arizona with studs on defense to run a 3-4, but his inability to change and use his personal doomed him. He is incapable of running a 3-4 and benched good players simply because he didn’t know how to fit them into his 4-3. That is the sign of a god awful coach.

great feedback  thx 

On 12/26/2018 at 6:17 PM, Iluvhouse24 said:

Still think Bowles makes the most sense. Reid connection and runs a 34.

Only 1 year as a coach with Philly and “Under Bowles, the Eagles finished the season ninth in pass defense and twenty-third in rushing defense.”  Just don’t see the Reid connection and didn’t do to great there either.

7 minutes ago, Balto said:

Only 1 year as a coach with Philly and “Under Bowles, the Eagles finished the season ninth in pass defense and twenty-third in rushing defense.”  Just don’t see the Reid connection and didn’t do to great there either.

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2016/9/22/13013744/todd-bowles-andy-reid-influenced-me-a-lot

12 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Well Reid did promote him to interm DC for that year soooo I’m sure he gives credit to Reid to jump start his career.  

My my question would be why Reid didn’t hire Bowles as his DC when he came to KC?  And if Reid did offer him the job why did he pick the Cards over KC if Reid and him were so close?

I agree with some others that grabbing a young Ravens coach would be ok with me.  I freaking LOVED LOVED LOVED how they attacked us.  Would make both sides of the ball be very exciting as a Chiefs fan haha.

Here is who most are talking about from the Ravens:

Chris Hewitt enters his second season as the Ravens’ secondary coach after being promoted prior to the 2017 campaign. He previously served as the team’s defensive backs coach from 2015-16 and the assistant secondary coach in 2014. Entering his seventh-overall season in Baltimore, Hewitt also spent two years (2012-13) helping guide a Ravens’ special teams unit led by special teams coordinator/associate head coach Jerry Rosburg, for whom Hewitt played at the University of Cincinnati while Rosburg was an assistant. In 2017, Baltimore’s defense racked up an NFL-best 22 INTs. The Ravens also forced an NFL-high 34 turnovers and finished with the league’s No. 1 turnover differential (+17). Baltimore’s pass defense finished 10th (213.8 ypg), while its defensive passer rating (72.4) was the NFL’s second-best mark. Over the past two seasons (2016-17), the Ravens have recorded more takeaways (62) and INTs (40) than any other NFL team.

I also really like the LBers coach, Mike Macdonald:

Mike Macdonald enters his first season as the team’s linebackers coach. Now in his fifth year with the Ravens, Macdonald previously spent time as the team’s defensive backs coach (2017) and as a defensive assistant (2015-16). He originally joined Baltimore in 2014 as a defensive coaching intern. In 2017, alongside secondary coach Chris Hewitt, Macdonald helped guide a defensive backfield that contributed to the NFL’s most INTs (22) and forced turnovers (34). In 2016, Macdonald worked with then-secondary coach and current Bills’ defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier, helping guide a unit that finished seventh overall (322.1 ypg) and produced a league-leading (tied, KC & SD) 18 interceptions. During the 2015 campaign, Macdonald worked closely with defensive coordinator (then-inside linebackers coach) Don Martindale. Macdonald was a graduate assistant at Georgia (2011-13) while earning his master’s in sports management.

Archived