Who should be the New DC

3 hours ago, Calichief said:

Find a younger aggressive DC.

we need the McVay of defense 

someone from the ravens staff or bears 

Opposite IMO.  They need a veteran guy that can run his unit with minimal oversight since Andy wants to focus on the Offense so much.

I think Pagano would be the ideal candidate if he doesn't land a HC gig.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

This.

Hmmm I’ve been on the side of grabbing a younger LB or secondary coach from a elite D team BUT Liquidfriend brings up a very valid point about getting a guy Reid doesn’t have to manage.

Chuck pagano i could live with resume wise, as he was also a ravens dc, but i remember him as the colts coach standing on the sideline with a dumbfounded look on his face instead of a promising dc.

rex ryan was also ravens dc and worked with bob sutton so the transition would be simple, but i dont see andy working with him.

again i would rather hire a young guy, but if pagano was the hire i would at least enter the hire with an open mind

On 1/2/2019 at 7:57 AM, Balto said:

Hmmm I’ve been on the side of grabbing a younger LB or secondary coach from a elite D team BUT Liquidfriend brings up a very valid point about getting a guy Reid doesn’t have to manage.

I hate to break it to you guys but most coaches at this level don't need oversight from the head coach who is on the other side of the ball.  You act like these guys haven't been doing this most their life.  

If you're getting handed the DC job on the freaking NFL them you don't need your hand held.  If so Reid failed and hired someone not ready.  

Hire a young, aggressive,  energetic guy and get out the way

15 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I hate to break it to you guys but most coaches at this level don't need oversight from the head coach who is on the other side of the ball.  You act like these guys haven't been doing this most their life.  

If you're getting handed the DC job on the freaking NFL them you don't need your hand held.  If so Reid failed and hired someone not ready.  

Hire a young, aggressive,  energetic guy and get out the way

That's an awfully baseless assumption there.

4 minutes ago, Balto said:

Rex Ryan?

Rex Ryan is another guy that needs a loaded defensive roster or else his scheme goes into the tank in my opinion.   And that entire family of coaches has a long history of dividing locker rooms.  

Whomever the Chiefs pick for a DC should be hired the minute the Chiefs are done for the season and be given ample time to review all the game film for the year before the FA season and draft.  He needs to have time to learn what the other coaches believe Watts, Ward, Lucas, Speaks, and O'D have in them and are they starters next season.  He needs to have input on what FA's the Chiefs release and who gets cut.  He needs to convince Reid/Veach to draft round players to fit round holes, avoid projects (the time is now), and get players with attitude.  Whether a young gun will have the clout with Reid is the question.

7 hours ago, Balto said:

If we win SP does that save Sutton’s job?  I say no but it does tell me F defense and keep stacking the O.

It shouldn't save Sutton's job.  If the Chiefs win, it's in spite of the defense, not because of it.  The Chiefs could improve the O with a stud lineman, a mid round RB, a TE, and all else is for the future.  The Chiefs could vastly improve the D with an ILB, DT, S,  and obviously a CB or two.  They'll save more points by fixing the D than they'll gain by stacking the O and points given up are as important and points made.

8 hours ago, Balto said:

If we win SP does that save Sutton’s job?  I say no but it does tell me F defense and keep stacking the O.

Honestly if we win the Super Bowl, i could care less. Name him head coach for all I care  I’d bet he would retire though   

But question is has there ever been a team win a Super Bowl and fire a coordinator?  I have no idea.  

48 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Honestly if we win the Super Bowl, i could care less. Name him head coach for all I care  I’d bet he would retire though   

But question is has there ever been a team win a Super Bowl and fire a coordinator?  I have no idea.  

If the Chiefs ever win a Super Bowl, I'm betting fans will be whining just as loudly when they lose a game the following season.  It's human nature.  "What have you done for me lately?"

5 minutes ago, jetlord said:

If the Chiefs ever win a Super Bowl, I'm betting fans will be whining just as loudly when they lose a game the following season.  It's human nature.  "What have you done for me lately?"

Eagles fans are like that. Chiefs fans are very loyal and very rarely boo their team at home. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

You are 100 percent right.  I just won’t be one of them.  Of course that’s easy to say now. LOL

11 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

You are 100 percent right.  I just won’t be one of them.  Of course that’s easy to say now. LOL

Yep.  After the Royals 2014 and 2015 seasons, I was the most impatient fan at the stadium as they blew game after game with Soria the following years.

13 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Yep.  After the Royals 2014 and 2015 seasons, I was the most impatient fan at the stadium as they blew game after game with Soria the following years.

Same. I realize everything in sports is cyclical especially for small market teams, but I really thought we were past this point of instability. I thought we were at the point as an organization where we would at least be able to count on being competitive year to year. 

Being 3 years removed from a WS and being an absolute bottom feeder again isnt ok with me. I pay good money for tickets and merchandise and I watch loyally. Letting this thing fall apart this fast is crap. 

If the Chiefs win a SB and then went 2-14 three years later, youre god damn right Id complain. Id call for peoples jobs. As fans its our dollars that create the revenue that makes these people rich and the whole business go. I cant be lousy at my job and stay employed. Why should they be any different?

Archived