Who should be the New DC

On 12/26/2018 at 4:40 PM, DieHard said:

Not Emmit Thomas. As a position coach I think it falls on him make sure his guys know how to line up. I think he is a bigger problem than Sutton. If we can Sutton we need to go outside the family and make a whole sale change.

Any fired head coaches fit the bill? I don’t really like foot fetish.

I wonder if Emmit is a bit of a sacred cow. I feel the DBs have been under performing for a while. Wasn't he a holder over from previous regime?

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, the Warparty said:

I wonder if Emmit is a bit of a sacred cow. I feel the DBs have been under performing for a while. Wasn't he a holder over from previous regime?

You're probably correct.  Loyalty has been a problem for the Chiefs throughout their history.  Stram was too loyal to aging player from the glory years.  Lamar Hunt was too loyal to Steadman.  Coaches have stuck with "old reliable" rather than inserting new young studs.  Marty was loyal to Grbac when Gannon was better.  Emmit Smith was a very good player for the Chiefs and maybe was a good coach.  Whatever is happening now is not working.  

5 minutes ago, jetlord said:

You're probably correct.  Loyalty has been a problem for the Chiefs throughout their history.  Stram was too loyal to aging player from the glory years.  Lamar Hunt was too loyal to Steadman.  Coaches have stuck with "old reliable" rather than inserting new young studs.  Marty was loyal to Grbac when Gannon was better.  Emmit Smith was a very good player for the Chiefs and maybe was a good coach.  Whatever is happening now is not working.  

ya mean Emmit  Thomas #18

15 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Article after article regarding how SD made specific adjustments in which how they would contain the Baltimore run game. Think Sutton would do such a thing?  SHIT NO! We'd have run the exact same defense over and over again

I’m over Bob Sutton. You have to ask the question, where’s Andy reid? He’s the head coach.

he should be involved and signing off on this stuff. Bill damn sure would be involved.

why does Andy get a pass.

im no longer angry and Sutton.

30 minutes ago, Calichief said:

I’m over Bob Sutton. You have to ask the question, where’s Andy reid? He’s the head coach.

he should be involved and signing off on this stuff. Bill damn sure would be involved.

why does Andy get a pass.

im no longer angry and Sutton.

I think with his OCs getting poached he has to stay REALLY heavily involved in the offense to keep it working at a league best level. More so than if he had a more veteran staff.

Even more reason he needs a DC who can make all the adjustment needed with his autonomy. Suttob is too fuckin simple or stupid to do it.

Now Reid has finally stepped in and told him "look Bob you cant keep running Parker and Scandrick out here every week and expecting different results. So try sonething else asshole. And your shoes are on the wrong feet again."

11 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I think with his OCs getting poached he has to stay REALLY heavily involved in the offense to keep it working at a league best level. More so than if he had a more veteran staff.

Even more reason he needs a DC who can make all the adjustment needed with his autonomy. Suttob is too fuckin simple or stupid to do it.

Now Reid has finally stepped in and told him "look Bob you cant keep running Parker and Scandrick out here every week and expecting different results. So try sonething else asshole. And your shoes are on the wrong feet again."

But he’s let it go on how long now with bob?

no free pass for Andy re- bob.

well see this week and off season 

27 minutes ago, Calichief said:

But he’s let it go on how long now with bob?

no free pass for Andy re- bob.

well see this week and off season 

Our two home playoff losses the last two years we've scored a TOTAL of 6 points in the second half.  It's why Alex Smith isn't here anymore. If we lose this game because a healthy defense gets shredded (which most of us agree is very possible). It should just lament the absolute no brainer to get rid of that culprit like we did Alex.

I believe the wheels are already in motion for this anyway as our personel changes suggest. Plus rumors that giving guys like OLBs coach Mike Smith are getting more control over the game plan doesn't seem like a vote of confidence for Sutton, no matter what Andy tells the media. In the end though, I do agree Clark Hunt needs to create accountability. We've got a lethal HC-QB combo which has proven to be a recipe for Super Bowl success. But he's still gotta take responsiblity for the defense as well.  

Ohio State coach Ryan Day announced DC Greg Schiano is leaving the school to pursue a job in the NFL.

Schiano, 52, has been at OSU for the last three seasons and was rumored to be leaving the school around this time last year for a job with the Patriots. He decided to stay but is now aiming to make the leap back to the pros after being fired as the Bucs' head coach in 2013. Schiano hasn't been publicly linked to any NFL gigs as of yet, but he must have something up his sleeve.

10 minutes ago, NChiefsCorner said:

Ohio State coach Ryan Day announced DC Greg Schiano is leaving the school to pursue a job in the NFL.

Schiano, 52, has been at OSU for the last three seasons and was rumored to be leaving the school around this time last year for a job with the Patriots. He decided to stay but is now aiming to make the leap back to the pros after being fired as the Bucs' head coach in 2013. Schiano hasn't been publicly linked to any NFL gigs as of yet, but he must have something up his sleeve.

Didn’t his 5 star talent laden defense give up 50 points to Purdue?  Are you advocating for him or just bringing it up?

6 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

That made me laugh so hard I had an asthma attack. Super funny shit. 

3 hours ago, NChiefsCorner said:

hell no

I'd rather keep Sutton

17 hours ago, NChiefsCorner said:

It is pretty interesting that Schiano was co coordinators at Ohio State with Alex Grinch. Lincoln Riley hired Grinch away from Buckeyes a few days ago (now he likely doesn't stay with coaching change anyway) but Schiano was clearly fired. 

Seeing on Twitter that Bowles met with the Redskins today and that if Denver gets Fangio, CHI would inquire about Bowles as well.

We may miss the boat on Bowles, but that means we are winning the playoffs.  I'll take the latter.

Archived