Who should be the New DC

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

If the D plays like they did today we will sign Old Man Sutton to a long extension.......as much as I enjoyed the win today it makes me throw up a little in the back of my mouth knowing that todays game probably allowed him to keep his job another year.   

Thought I was the only one with that puke feeling

3 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

If the D plays like they did today we will sign Old Man Sutton to a long extension.......as much as I enjoyed the win today it makes me throw up a little in the back of my mouth knowing that todays game probably allowed him to keep his job another year.   

In my will Ferrell Voice in step brothers  "Don't  say that"

I firmly believe before the Raiders game someone on twitter with a source who’s been credible before saying that the other defensive coaches were more involved in both game planning and personnel decisions on defense.  No way I believe Sutton plays award and Lucas when his mo has always been to play veterans. 

13 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

No way. Short of a Lombardi, that dude is done here. 

15 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Can we keep watts, dod, ward, and jones?

Seriously though.   Watts, DOD, Ward, Fuller, and Jones should be the core.    I'm seriously ready to do away with Houston, Berry and Ford.    Everyone talks about pass rush but what did that do for us tonight?    Well coached D's can tackle, not make undisciplined errors and force good teams out of their comfort zones long enough for their O to build a lead.    We don't need those guys to do that any longer.   We need a scheme we can draft for and develop for in house.

Another thing too.   We have the loudest stadium in  America and did any of you see us changing in and out of schemes at the line of scrimmage.  Anything to force Brady to have to communicate over that noise at the line?    Vanilla and bland.   Mahomes would have hung 60 on our D tonight.

My list at this point, so it's late in the game.

Rex Ryan (Will be creative with what he's got and will bring emotion to a Defense that has none)

Mike Nolan (Doing a top notch job with the Saints LBs)

Chris Hewitt (Current Ravens secondary coach)

John Pagano (Currently Texans LB coach..has experience in SD and OAK)

Probably my list ranked top to bottom in order.  All guys would be an upgrade IMO

1 minute ago, Lamardirts said:

Another thing too.   We have the loudest stadium in  America and did any of you see us changing in and out of schemes at the line of scrimmage.  Anything to force Brady to have to communicate over that noise at the line?    Vanilla and bland.   Mahomes would have hung 60 on our D tonight.

Sad. But inside you had to know this version of the defense would show up at the worst time. Always does. Always.

2 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Brady was quoted in saying it wasn't necessary with our defense. Noise wouldn't play a factor because there was basically only a few fronts he'd have to identify. Sutton sucks.

3 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Brady was quoted in saying it wasn't necessary with our defense. Noise wouldn't play a factor because there was basically only a few fronts he'd have to identify. Sutton sucks.

Wow!

lol

andy needs to be lambasted for this shit too.

7 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

I heard one of the broadcasters saying this in the 1st half as well.  This comment spoke volumes to me.  Sutton is playing checkers while the other team is playing chess. You are 100% correct.

17 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Saw that quote as well.  Not considering we gave up the most yards and most points this year, that quote alone should get you canned.

2 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

My list at this point, so it's late in the game.

Rex Ryan (Will be creative with what he's got and will bring emotion to a Defense that has none)

Mike Nolan (Doing a top notch job with the Saints LBs)

Chris Hewitt (Current Ravens secondary coach)

John Pagano (Currently Texans LB coach..has experience in SD and OAK)

Probably my list ranked top to bottom in order.  All guys would be an upgrade IMO

I’d add Brent Venables to that list.  It’s been brought up a few pages back and with Brent being from KC area he might love the challenge of going from colleges best DC to trying his hand at the NFL ranks.

Archived