Who should be the New DC

7 hours ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

I heard one of the broadcasters saying this in the 1st half as well.  This comment spoke volumes to me.  Sutton is playing checkers while the other team is playing chess. You are 100% correct.

Not even checkers, I know that’s the saying but Sutton was just that awful

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

My list at this point, so it's late in the game.

Rex Ryan (Will be creative with what he's got and will bring emotion to a Defense that has none) former Ravens DC

Mike Nolan (Doing a top notch job with the Saints LBs) former Ravens DC

Chris Hewitt (Current Ravens secondary coach)

John Pagano (Currently Texans LB coach..has experience in SD and OAK) brother of former Ravens DC

Probably my list ranked top to bottom in order.  All guys would be an upgrade IMO

I am noticing a common theme.....

19 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

I'll eat my words and disregard any word I get from here on out, but no way can they continue with werthers originals.  No way, no how.

This is what Reid was just asked in his presser minutes ago....

"Do you anticipate bringing the DC back, or do you want him back?"

His response? "You know I never talk about that stuff. But Ill go back and look at everything. Thats about all I can give you."

Thats not exactly a ringing endorsement. The dude is done here.

5 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

This is what Reid was just asked in his presser minutes ago....

"Do you anticipate bringing the DC back, or do you want him back?"

His response? "You know I never talk about that stuff. But Ill go back and look at everything. Thats about all I can give you."

Thats not wxactly a ringing endorsement. The dude is done here.

Andy Reid bitched him out on the sidelines multiple games (never does that) and had allegedly taken away responsibilities from grandpa bob.  The heat is going to be on Andy after Clark Hunt had to watch his fathers trophy get raised in his own stadium.  Somebody is absolutely falling on the sword for that shit.

8 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Andy Reid bitched him out on the sidelines multiple games (never does that) and had allegedly taken away responsibilities from grandpa bob.  The heat is going to be on Andy after Clark Hunt had to watch his fathers trophy get raised in his own stadium.  Somebody is absolutely falling on the sword for that shit.

It should be. His loyalty to Werthers cost us this year. I understand with a new QB and installing a lot of new things on offense last offseason Reid was busy and wanted to focus on that side of the ball. And it showed. Our offense is incredible.

But retaining Werthers cost us a chance at a ring. Veach tried his best to get him new pieces on defense but Sutton is not good enough at his job to get any improvement out of them. They got fucking worse!

5 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

It should be. His loyalty to Werthers cost us this year. I understand with a new QB and installing a lot of new things on offense last offseason Reid was busy and wanted to focus on that side of the ball. And it showed. Our offense is incredible.

But retaining Werthers cost us a chance at a ring. Veach tried his best to get him new pieces on defense but Sutton is not good enough at his job to get any improvement out of them. They got fucking worse!

Seems a guy like Rex Ryan, Del Rio or Nolan would be best to bring in.  Reid could just give them the D and say hey get us to middle of the road D ASAP I'll worry about the O.

2 minutes ago, Balto said:

Seems a guy like Rex Ryan, Del Rio or Nolan would be best to bring in.  Reid could just give them the D and say hey get us to middle of the road D ASAP I'll worry about the O.

Yes. But dont forget about Spags. He coached under Reid. Former HC. He can handle one side of the ball.

10 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Yes. But dont forget about Spags. He coached under Reid. Former HC. He can handle one side of the ball.

Great point AND the only thing that has ever been known to stop Brady is the famous NASCAR package Spags ran with the Giants!  Basically all or at least 3 of the 4 DL men were actually DE/pass rushers.  This gave them sick speed and trouble on matchups.

Houston, Ford, Kpass and Jones as our NASCAR PAckage?

Archived