So Happy we have our QB already

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

Make me wonder what Denver will do.  Try to get another year out of Keenum, draft a QB in a weak class, or try again to pick up a free agent like Flacco.  

Elway needs to hit a homerun soon or his seat will start getting warm. Impossible to imagine starting this year but Denver with back to back losing seasons for the 1st time since the early 70's? That's on Elway...makes me feel all toasty inside seeing him fail.

56 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Elway needs to hit a homerun soon or his seat will start getting warm. Impossible to imagine starting this year but Denver with back to back losing seasons for the 1st time since the early 70's? That's on Elway...makes me feel all toasty inside seeing him fail.

His drafting has sucked

If not for him getting Manning as a FA he would have been gone long ago.

26 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Elway had a fantastic draft this year, it's just muddled with some really bad drafts a bad QB and a bad HC.

I can't say the same with our last draft. Denver got 3 capable starters in Chubb, Sutton, and Lindsey. We traded up for an overweight OLB. 

13 hours ago, DefensiveMan said:

I can't say the same with our last draft. Denver got 3 capable starters in Chubb, Sutton, and Lindsey. We traded up for an overweight OLB. 

Lyndsey was undrafted. Look at his prior drafts and who is left on the team today. Most are out of the NFL but if they are still in, they are playing else where. He has not hit in the first 3 rounds very often. 

53 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

It certainly helps when you're picking at the top of each round vs near the bottom and sans a 1.

Elway has got to come away with a QB soon, otherwise the decision to pass on one for Chubb is absolutely going to haunt him.

Case Keenum prevented them from going to the playoffs.

3 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

Elway has to solve the QB and HC answer and fast.  Joe Ellis and Elway aren't the best of friends and will probably feel threatened the longer Elway stays.

They are stuck with Casey Keenum another year, but gotta draft a QB.

Elway will probably go for someone like Flacco. He doesn't have time to "waste" on a rookie QB. The team is in a major decline and the solid defense is getting weaker by the year. He'll definitely draft one for the future but not sure if they stick with Keenum. Dead money is 10 million which is a lot but they could definitely handle it if Elways is high on a guy like Flacco (not sure who else is out there). 

4 hours ago, DefensiveMan said:

Of course Chubb and Sutton were both long gone by the time we made our first pick and Lindsey wasn’t drafted at all.  

6 hours ago, DefensiveMan said:

Denver definitely had a better draft than us last year. 3 capable starters 2 of which look like the real deal and Sutton looks like he'll be solid as well. However that has rarely been the case for them in the Elway era. We have been drafting terribly for quite a while but up to this year it wasn't worse than the Broncos.

Archived