Williams signs extension

3 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

That’s probably more likely than believing Andy’s fine with this group. Level of need is probably in between big and basically luxury pick.  Realistically his last three stud RBs were all 3rd rounders, so that seems like value spot.  Plus there’s just no need to draft a first round RB period.  

Again I don’t think signing Williams changes that much personally.  

Yep, Williams is just one guy and we'll likely have 3 or 4 on the roster. 3rd seems to be a sweet spot for RBs for some reason and I wouldn't rule out the next big thing coming to KC around there. A very good example is drafting Hunt when the Chiefs already extended both Ware and West.

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

Huh?  We have the best offense in the league that was built by this regime literally drafting and developing every key skill position piece including an elite QB, RB, WR and TE.  

Drafted 3 of our 5 starting offensive lineman as well. Drafted our 3rd and 4th WR. Signed our backup TE as an UDFA.  Scwartz and Watkins are the only notable outside fee agents on the top ranked offense in football. But nevermind facts. 

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

We can't afford to sign big time running back FA's like Bell.  We need to keep drafting WR and RB's in the mid rounds and develop them.  Its the only way we will continue to keep that SB window open while we have Pat Mahomes.   

Agreed. Use that money in defensive guy or two

19 hours ago, sith13 said:

Every position in there has question marks. This regime failed with all QBs until Mahomes and the same can be said of every WR except Hill and every TE except Kelce. However they have been very consistent with RBs. West could easily be named as the worst during this regime and even he was serviceable when given consistent duties as JC's backup. More importantly they have been doing so with no draft capital, Hunt was the only drafted guy. It could just be great scouting at RB but this regime didn't fail at the position so far unlike all others. 

This regime developed BY FAR the best QB, one of the best RBs, best WRs, best TEs, best DEs this franchise has ever seen in the last 6 years.  It’s just plain silly to suggest otherwise as we close in on 3 straight division titiles, six straight winning seasons and multiple playoff wins. Just plain nuts  to suggest they’ve only developed RBs as a 23 year old QB gets MVP consideration and both a WR and TE close in on franchise records. . . 

6 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

This regime developed BY FAR the best QB, one of the best RBs, best WRs, best TEs, best DEs this franchise has ever seen in the last 6 years.  It’s just plain silly to suggest otherwise as we close in on 3 straight division titiles, six straight winning seasons and multiple playoff wins. This is just laughably silly logic. 

I can agree with all but the multiple playoff wins

6 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

We can't afford to sign big time running back FA's like Bell.  We need to keep drafting WR and RB's in the mid rounds and develop them.  Its the only way we will continue to keep that SB window open while we have Pat Mahomes.   

Meh I think NOW is the time to make a Bell type signing while Mahomes is on his rookie contract.  When Pat signs for $30+ a year we can start hoping for value players that work out.

4 hours ago, Balto said:

Meh I think NOW is the time to make a Bell type signing while Mahomes is on his rookie contract.  When Pat signs for $30+ a year we can start hoping for value players that work out.

If they have that kind of money to spend on a free agent, it better damn well go to a CB, FS, or ILB. The CB class is woefully thin, but FS is loaded.

I could be completely wrong but Pat doesn't seem like a guy who will try and break the bank.   I mean he's going to get paid but he seems like a guy who has bigger goals than just being the highest paid qb.  Brady did it in NE and Mahomes has the ability to go down as one of the greatest if he can win a couple SB's and that will be a whole lot easier if he doesn't sign for a ridiculous amount.

Then again........all this fame and hype might go to his head.  Regardless we have our QBOTF which means we have a chance in every game we play.

6 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I could be completely wrong but Pat doesn't seem like a guy who will try and break the bank.   I mean he's going to get paid but he seems like a guy who has bigger goals than just being the highest paid qb.  Brady did it in NE and Mahomes has the ability to go down as one of the greatest if he can win a couple SB's and that will be a whole lot easier if he doesn't sign for a ridiculous amount.

Then again........all this fame and hype might go to his head.  Regardless we have our QBOTF which means we have a chance in every game we play.

I think players and CBA will always push the elite players to get paid as much as possible.  I think Brady is more unique in that he has been paid in the past, has a wife that makes more than him AND even though he could get paid more, it was still a top 5 contract when he signed it.

12 hours ago, Balto said:

Hell No!  RBs are a dime a dozen and get hurt all the time. Just go find another system fit in the third round and pay him 10 times less than Bell who’s almost certainly gonna start declining soon. 

On 12/29/2018 at 7:10 AM, Mloe68 said:

This regime developed BY FAR the best QB, one of the best RBs, best WRs, best TEs, best DEs this franchise has ever seen in the last 6 years.  It’s just plain silly to suggest otherwise as we close in on 3 straight division titiles, six straight winning seasons and multiple playoff wins. Just plain nuts  to suggest they’ve only developed RBs as a 23 year old QB gets MVP consideration and both a WR and TE close in on franchise records. . . 

I never said they only developed RBs. It's just the one position this regime is consistently good at. They are far from consistent in every other position. 

Archived