Berry not practicing this morning

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jump to Achilles Tendinitis - Pain in the lower calf along the Achilles tendon, the cord connecting the heel to the calf muscle. ... If you feel some serious pain and maybe some swelling, you've got Achillestendinitis. Likely causes: Your tendon is being pulled, and because tendons don't much like to stretch, you feel a lot of pain.

3 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Yep, when I heard it this morning my thought was , good bye. He’s done folks 

These huge contracts are not worth it. Look at Seattle and GB after they paid their QBs. Never even sniffed a SB as of late. This is the window now for KC bc once Mahomes gets his $ this roster quite possibly will get depleted.

1 minute ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

Guys, I’ve been saying it time & time again...... i’ve had the same injury as EB.  A ruptured Achilles often times recurs after the initial injury.

i have ruptured mine 6 times.  He’s going to have this recur whenever he runs for extended periods of time.

Its the other foot?

1 hour ago, NChiefsCorner said:

Seems like we started losing when all the talk switched to if Berry is playing, all the talk should be about this team, because Berry had nothing to do with getting this team to where we are right now other than being a cheerleader.

We started losing when Kareem Hunt got the boot and Sammy Watkins got injured combined with playing some really good teams.  Berry has been a huge upgrade in the limited snaps he's taken. 

Who knows if it means anything or not, but it fits the story I was told that Eric Berry is the one completely dictating terms of his ability to play at this point. And honestly I reached the conclusion during Seattle game there's not much hope for this defense in 2018. We've just gotta go into the Oakland game with a plan to score 40 plus points if we want to feel good about winning. If the defense does show up (as they have a few random times), it should be a surprise to everyone, including Andy Reid. 

8 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Who knows if it means anything or not, but it fits the story I was told that Eric Berry is the one completely dictating terms of his ability to play at this point. And honestly I reached the conclusion during Seattle game there's not much hope for this defense in 2018. We've just gotta go into the Oakland game with a plan to score 40 plus points if we want to feel good about winning. If the defense does show up (as they have a few random times), it should be a surprise to everyone, including Andy Reid. 

Andy pretty much said so in his presser weeks ago. Berry dont want to play he dont have to.. I wish him well but not in a Red uniform sucking up multi millions of cap space..

The sight of him on the side line is beginning to nauseate me 

He has bone spurs that are rubbing against the other Achilles if my memory serves.  He needs surgery to remove the bone spurs.

Great player, Great person...I hope he follows his heart.  Once you retire from the NFL, it's really hard to come back at all.  If he wants to keep playing, he has earned that right.

w

1 minute ago, West said:

He has bone spurs that are rubbing against the other Achilles if my memory serves.  He needs surgery to remove the bone spurs.

Great player, Great person...I hope he follows his heart.  Once you retire from the NFL, it's really hard to come back at all.  If he wants to keep playing, he has earned that right.

w

Do you have an idea why he didn't have surgery when they first knew about it instead of fucking around all season? I really have serious doubts about their medical staff.

Not sure how it works but maybe they need to look at an injury settlement.

That is a great question.  I do not have the specifics other than they thought he could play thru the pain.  IMO the Chiefs deferred to Berry and let him make the call.  Say what you want about Hunt, he does support the players.   He even gave Kareem Hunt the benefit of the doubt until that video emerged and proved Kareem was less than truthful.  Hunt/The Chiefs have given Tyreek a second chance, and that is paying off.  IMO, Hunt' s greatest weakness is his loyalty.  Hence the Bob Sutton conversations...

w

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

Contracts of disabled players should not count against the cap. The union should be all over this. The current rule may keep teams from paying top dollar in fear of injury.

I’ve argued this point 

Phatal let me know how wrong I was.

34 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Andy pretty much said so in his presser weeks ago. Berry dont want to play he dont have to.. I wish him well but not in a Red uniform sucking up multi millions of cap space..

The sight of him on the side line is beginning to nauseate me 

What I was told was that the coaching staff was also pretty frustrated and couldn't blame medical staff because they had cleared him to play. Berry's situation is so unique that he does clearly get special treatment. Just gotta hope he wants to play on Sunday I guess. 

Archived