Berry not practicing this morning

4 minutes ago, Calichief said:

I’ve argued this point 

Phatal let me know how wrong I was.

I will go one better.  After you  cross the big pay threshold you should  not be guaranteed anything.   F___ your guarantees.    Go play baseball if you don't like it.

The league should stop this shit.  

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

49 minutes ago, dksww said:

Will you people PLEASE quit freaking out over Eric Berry?  

He was a FP 2 days in a row, probably got some rest today and will probably play Sunday.

If he can't play the entire game, I don't want him to play, we need to win this game, it's not a time to be testing to see if his foot is okay.

I've reached that point. Its taken a lot but I am there. He either gets surgery in the offseason and is 100% by training camp or we do some kind of injury settlement and fucking get rid of him. 

Hes cost 18 million dollars against our cap the last 2 seasons and played in a game and a half. This guy cannot count 17 million against our cap next year if he isnt 100% healthy.

50 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I've reached that point. Its taken a lot but I am there. He either gets surgery in the offseason and is 100% by training camp or we do some kind of injury settlement and fucking get rid of him. 

Hes cost 18 million dollars against our cap the last 2 seasons and played in a game and a half. This guy cannot count 17 million against our cap next year if he isnt 100% healthy.

Welcome to the club 

Just now, kkuenn said:

His ass had all the say in this.

Should have forced him to remove the bone spurs during the last year be was inactive.

additionally its the treatment and slow or non recovery of other key players in recent history. Specifically justin houston, jamaal charles, derick johnson.

they made the same mistake with watkins this year by running him out for one play of the rams game make the injury worse.

when they kept running houston out there with a bum knee it cost him two years of his prime instead of half a season 

3 hours ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

Guys, I’ve been saying it time & time again...... i’ve had the same injury as EB.  A ruptured Achilles often times recurs after the initial injury.

i have ruptured mine 6 times.  He’s going to have this recur whenever he runs for extended periods of time.

Holy cow that is a lot of ruptures. Do they all hurt equally or does the pain lessen?

1 minute ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Should have forced him to remove the bone spurs during the last year be was inactive.

additionally its the treatment and slow or non recovery of other key players in recent history. Specifically justin houston, jamaal charles, derick johnson.

they made the same mistake with watkins this year by running him out for one play of the rams game make the injury worse.

when they kept running houston out there with a bum knee it cost him two years of his prime instead of half a season 

Not saying they are not at fault in some cases but good God Berry has had all the say and 2 fucking years to fix it.

I have said it before.  Every player for every team no mater how big or how small the contract, there should be some sort of work  comp or injury clause that says yes the player gets paid the same as Joe the Plumber or any other occupation no mater what it is.  They get a livable wage the same as Mr. or Mrs. John Q. Public but they do not get millions of dollars for being on the side lines watching a game. When they come back to play full time, the contract kicks back in. 

4 hours ago, dksww said:

Will you people PLEASE quit freaking out over Eric Berry?  

He was a FP 2 days in a row, probably got some rest today and will probably play Sunday.

Come on guys, DKSWW is right.  Out of 15 games he played 1 and 1/4 (1 half game 14 & 3 quarters game 15) and the poor guy only made $13 million this year.  Player should be the sole arbiter of if he feels like playing or standing on the sideline being the "heart and soul" of the defense.

2 hours ago, DieHard said:

It is what it is. Berry and Houston are HOF talents. Injuries happen. They are both doing what they can to overcome it. The fact that we threw ridiculous money at them is not their fault. I know I would not have turned it down.

HOF talents but not HOF’s because of injuries.  Sucks, but it is what it is.

3 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

Holy cow that is a lot of ruptures. Do they all hurt equally or does the pain lessen?

Literally, i’ve Had 2 on one side & 3 on the other.... I cannot recall which had 2 & which had 3....

For some background:  I was an all-American wrestler in college, recruited by some college football programs (was better in wrestling), then ran marathons from 2003 - 2007.  

I ruptured my Achilles during the 2007 trolley run in KC & have ruptured it multiple times since then. I can go about 2 miles before I feel the tendon tighten up... I know from experience it’s going to rupture eventually.

i went to the premier orthopedic surgery in KC who told me he could operate, but could not guarantee it would not rupture again after surgery.

Berry’s done guys.... he’s a warrior & a great talent, but this is going to happen again & again....

1 minute ago, Lamardirts said:

Here is my only concern.   What if he tears his Achilles now that we are in January.   It wouldn't be until late in the year 2019 before he could even be back and that would mean 3-4 games out of 52-54 possible games.   

Who cares? At this point getting anything for the money is better than nothing. If he can give us 3 games and into the SB it is worth it. Do an injury settlement then if he goes down and be done with him. 

10 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Who cares? At this point getting anything for the money is better than nothing. If he can give us 3 games and into the SB it is worth it. Do an injury settlement then if he goes down and be done with him. 

Agreed but I don't think he can give us even 2-3.   Its what made this whole situation maddening.   He didn't play on it earlier because its a pain tolerance issue and you cant just jump back in during the playoffs as the guy is super rusty so you bring him back for a couple games before the playoffs which then causes pain to happen and then you have to rest him.   Guy is an awesome football player but the decision to not have the surgery was a business decision not a team decision and for a guy who is called the "heart and soul of the team" is puzzling.   Its not like the procedure wasn't going to eventually need to be done so why wait.....seems like waiting just puts the achilles at more risk.   But lets be honest, we are 0-2 with him playing and the D has only been a little better overall.   

16 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

You are 100 percent correct our medical staff has a horrible track record overall with some of these key players. And maybe this is why Berry doesn't trust them. But he has been cleared to play since basically the beginning of November and chose not too. 

Archived