Berry not practicing this morning

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

You are 100 percent correct our medical staff has a horrible track record overall with some of these key players. And maybe this is why Berry doesn't trust them. But he has been cleared to play since basically the beginning of November and chose not too. 

Fair point I didn’t consider, if i was a player I wouldn’t trust this staff at this point either. All the more reason for veach to make a move

I haven't kept close tabs on when Berry was/wasn't in the game, but he was in the first half of both of the last two games, where we only allowed 7 and 14 points.  And then against SD we gave up 22 points when he was gone, and against Seattle we gave up 24 points where he only played a little bit(?).  Seems to me the defense is objectively better when he's in the game.  If you want to make a convoluted criticism that his presence for the 1st half makes our 2nd half defense THAT much worse, I guess you can.  Ultimately it's hard to see the complaint about him getting some playing time in.

Berry is a hell of a human being who has overcome a great deal in his life, he's also a great safety when healthy. That said, the chiefs have gone above and beyond for him salary and contract wise, it's time he restructures and gives back to the chiefs. If he's not willing to do this, then I wish him well and it's time to move on.  We've paid a premium for a player who's missed 3 years of football now, it's not his fault, but it's not the organizations either, restructure or cut time at this time. Business is business.

11 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

Isn’t it more like 4 years missed? Or did he immediately return the year after his cancer diagnosis? We definitely cannot plan for him regardless if he is on the roster or not. By 2020 he is surely gone and hopefully just retires before more of his body breaks.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BerrEr99.htm

About 3.5 if you want to add it all up.

• 2010 played/started 16 games
  • 2011 injured game 1, missed rest of year
  • 2012 played/started 16 games
  • 2013 played/started 15 games (sat meaningless final game against SD I think?)
  • 2014 played 6/started 5 (this was the cancer diagnosis year?)
  • 2015 played 16/started 15 (don't recall why the one non-start)
  • 2016 played/started 16 games
  • 2017 injured game 1, missed rest of year
  • 2018 two games played/started

12 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BerrEr99.htm

About 3.5 if you want to add it all up.

• 2010 played/started 16 games
  • 2011 injured game 1, missed rest of year
  • 2012 played/started 16 games
  • 2013 played/started 15 games (sat meaningless final game against SD I think?)
  • 2014 played 6/started 5 (this was the cancer diagnosis year?)
  • 2015 played 16/started 15 (don't recall why the one non-start)
  • 2016 played/started 16 games
  • 2017 injured game 1, missed rest of year
  • 2018 two games played/started

I think Berry was on the verge of becoming an all time player for the Chiefs, had he not got hurt in 2017, in a game were he handled Gronk pretty well. He's gotten beat on some plays but made some incredible ones during his career.  

Archived