3 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Colquitt has been fine.  The return game, coverage a little bit and Butker have all declined.

Butker, worries me in pressure situations. Heck any kicker in KC worries me after the 95 debacle. 98 as well Stoyanovich missed against Denver. You better believe 80,000 fans will be anxious if it comes down to Butker in Arrowhead. 

1 hour ago, DefensiveMan said:

Butker, worries me in pressure situations. Heck any kicker in KC worries me after the 95 debacle. 98 as well Stoyanovich missed against Denver. You better believe 80,000 fans will be anxious if it comes down to Butker in Arrowhead. 

He's been really good for us overall and has a cannon for a leg which helps in those situations. He was wobbling with some issue in November but those kicks in Seattle were dead center including a 55 yarder. I think we are in pretty good hands, but again if we are kicking FGs instead of scoring TDs with this defense, its probably not good. 

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

Matt Nagy will probably be NFL coach of the year. Back to back off of Andy's coaching tree. We are going to continue to get raided annually. Just wondering why Bob Sutton never gets much play? LOL

Maybe if Toub or Bienemy get head coaching offers, the deal is they have to take Sutton with them. 

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Matt Nagy will probably be NFL coach of the year. Back to back off of Andy's coaching tree. We are going to continue to get raided annually. Just wondering why Bob Sutton never gets much play? LOL

Think of the Bill Walsh coaching tree, which is where Andy comes from.  We could literally name probably 100 offensive coaches who came from that tree from Walsh to Holmgren on down , but I can’t think of a single defensive coach from four decades of that tree.  There’s probably a reason for that. 

45 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Think of the Bill Walsh coaching tree, which is where Andy comes from.  We could literally name probably 100 offensive coaches who came from that tree from Walsh to Holmgren on down , but I can’t think of a single defensive coach from four decades of that tree.  There’s probably a reason for that. 

Really? Seifert, Ray Rhodes, Tony Dungy all off the top of my head. Seifert took over for  walsh in fact. 

17 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Really? Seifert, Ray Rhodes, Tony Dungy all off the top of my head. Seifert took over for  walsh in fact. 

To say that those are but a small fraction compared to the offensive coaches is an understatement.  That’s the point I was trying to make. 

5 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Has anyone from the Bellicheat tree ever had success as HC? Most seem to fail miserably. Romeo, McDaniel, Weis

I don’t think BB wants coaches who think outside the box or bring their own flare. He wants guys who fall into line with his way of thinking and will micromanage the crap out of those guys if he has too. Tough to successfully grow into a bigger role like that. 

18 minutes ago, NChiefsCorner said:

Nick Saban.

He’s great when he can go hand pick his players and basically line up every week as clearly the most talented team. But when there’s little difference between 1 and 32 talent wise, he was pretty darn average.  

I don't know if Saban will ever coach in the NFL again, much less succeed at it, but it's sort of silly to say he can't handle it based on one mediocre stint.  If that was the standard, Belichick should have never received a second chance (and if you count the weird situation with the Jets, technically NE is his third chance).

21 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

I don't know if Saban will ever coach in the NFL again, much less succeed at it, but it's sort of silly to say he can't handle it based on one mediocre stint.  If that was the standard, Belichick should have never received a second chance (and if you count the weird situation with the Jets, technically NE is his third chance).

I think a lot of that basis is formed by the way his NFL stint went down, and how he bailed.  It wasn't a good look for him, and despite all of his college success, I don't know that a good NFL franchise would give him another shot.  Just my opinion.

Archived