Todd Bowles

If you want a proven DC, you are very likely gonna be looking at a guy who’s failed as a head coach.  I want a guy that can be as aggressive on defense as we are on offense. And stop the freaking run so we can get Arrowhead and the pash rush involved. 

Todd hasn't done too bad as hc imo. Look who he's had at qb during his tenure? Over the hill vets and a rookie who turns the ball over a ton. The results may not have been outstanding, but he's always had his team fighting and pulling off a few shocks in the process. I'd be happy to see him reunite with Andy in KC and I fully expect him to be high on the list once Sutton is given his marching orders.

12 hours ago, NChiefsCorner said:

I would interview Gregg Williams if he becomes available, he has ties to the KC area, he started out coaching Excelsior Springs High School football team.

And he would save money paying out bounties, since KC doesn’t tackle hard enough to injure anyone.

3 hours ago, qnet said:

I wonder how long it takes the Chiefs to contact him, if they do. I also wonder if Andy can contact him legally (by NFL rules) now. 

the minute he's fired any team could hire him as any type of coach or consultant.

might be a good idea to try and salvage the playoffs.

Gregg Williams and Marvin Lewis are other guys that could/should be considered.

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

I'd think Greg Williams is on the short list of the Brownies for HC

ESPN just said he's a candidate, but a long shot to get it as they want an offense-minded HC to groom Mayfield.

It's an interesting scenario because they've done so well with him and if they do go with another person, do they try to make him their DC again?

He'll probably be kept in some capacity by Cleveland, but if he falls through the cracks I would put him above Todd Bowles.

2 hours ago, dksww said:

ESPN is saying Ron Rivera not expected to be fired and if so, he would be a top HC candidate for other teams.

My top candidates for the position are:

Todd Bowles

Gregg Williams

Marvin Lewis

Vance Joseph

I'll pass on Lewis and Joseph. Just personal preference though. Id add Spags to the list. Certainly would have Chuck Pagano on the list. Id have John Fox on the list too. 

Just now, Iluvhouse24 said:

I'll pass on Lewis and Joseph. Just personal preference though. Id add Spags to the list. Certainly would have Chuck Pagano on the list. Id have John Fox on the list too. 

ya, they're bottom of the barrel options I guess.  I'm not sure Fox wants back into coaching and how long has it been since Spags has coached?

One thing to consider is if John Harbaugh is traded/fired.  KC could swoop in and throw money at their current DC.

Archived