Ravens Rematch?

34 minutes ago, MisChief-Maker said:

At least we know we can win a shootout though. I don't believe the Colts O is anything on the level of ours when we have Sammy, Ware and our O-line members back. The Colts O is Luck, Ebron and Hilton. That's pretty much it. 

Well, all of our losses have been shoot-outs.  We've scored 37.5 ppg in our losses!

In stating the Ravens were my preferred matchup, I wasn't really commenting on this year's Colts.  The point is that I saw how the Ravens game went, and I think we would get that sort of game again, for better or worse - I'll take my chances with it.  On the other hand, we've seen two games against the Chargers, and despite the fact that were a single play away (multiple times!) from sweeping them, they scare me a lot more.  I see a path to us beating them, like we did once and almost did again, but I also see a path to not being able to keep pace with them, where they do just enough to disrupt our offense while we can't stop them at all.

As for the Colts, I haven't really watched them at all this year, and I feel like they are a huge wild card, no pun intended.  1-5 to start the season then 9-1?  That one loss being 6-0 to the Jaguars?  It seems like they have both a good offense and a good defense, but they may show up or not in any given game.

So I guess in brief, all three teams scare me, but I feel like the Chargers scare me the most, the Ravens I know what I'm getting, and the Colts are the biggest variable.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Well, all of our losses have been shoot-outs.  We've scored 37.5 ppg in our losses!

In stating the Ravens were my preferred matchup, I wasn't really commenting on this year's Colts.  The point is that I saw how the Ravens game went, and I think we would get that sort of game again, for better or worse - I'll take my chances with it.  On the other hand, we've seen two games against the Chargers, and despite the fact that were a single play away (multiple times!) from sweeping them, they scare me a lot more.  I see a path to us beating them, like we did once and almost did again, but I also see a path not being able to keep pace with the them, where they do just enough to disrupt our offense while we can't stop them at all.

As for the Colts, I haven't really watched them at all this year, and I feel like they are a huge wild card, no pun intended.  1-5 to start the season then 9-1?  That one loss being 6-0 to the Jaguars?  It seems like they have both a good offense and a good defense, but they may show up or not in any given game.

So I guess in brief, all three teams scare me, but I feel like the Chargers scare me the most, the Ravens I know what I'm getting, and the Colts are the biggest variable.

I think Chargers will lose next week. Everything went their way this year. Won a game on a failed last minute 2 point conversion by Tenn and won a game against KC with a last second conversion. Rivers is so overrated. He is a pick machine when it matters most.

No reason to think KC will not beat every AFC Team if the offense plays to its potential. Mahomes is the BEST AFC QB.

4 hours ago, SEMO said:

Nope.  If Indy wins, they come to KC.  They are the 6 seed.  If not, we play the winner of Balt/LAC.  The only team we won't play is Houston.  Unless it is in the AFC championship.

I have a feeling it will be the chargers 

32 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

I think Chargers will lose next week. Everything went their way this year. Won a game on a failed last minute 2 point conversion by Tenn and won a game against KC with a last second conversion. Rivers is so overrated. He is a pick machine when it matters most.

No reason to think KC will not beat every AFC Team if the offense plays to its potential. Mahomes is the BEST AFC QB.

While I agree Rivers can almost be counted on for a couple of game giveaway type negative plays, Chargers had the best road record in the NFL for a reason.  I’ll be mildly surprised if they don’t win in Baltimore. 

Well, you get us next year in the regular season at Arrowhead. I might have to make the trip....

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

Home: Broncos, Chargers, Oakland, Houston, Indianapolis, Baltimore, Green Bay, Minnesota

Away: Broncos, Chargers, Oakland, Jacksonville, Tennessee, New England, Chicago, Detroit

9 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Well, you get us next year in the regular season at Arrowhead. I might have to make the trip....

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

Home: Broncos, Chargers, Oakland, Houston, Indianapolis, Baltimore, Green Bay, Minnesota

Away: Broncos, Chargers, Oakland, Jacksonville, Tennessee, New England, Chicago, Detroit

How many years in a row will we have to play a road game in NE?  At least we get to play Oakland and Baltimore. 

The Chargers are facing a huge loss as linebacker Jatavis Brown will miss the rest of the season due to an ankle injury, Brown sustained an undisclosed ankle injury during Sunday's win over the Broncos. He had to be carted off, and there were concerns of how severe it'd be, but it's enough to keep him sidelined throughout the upcoming postseason. Hayes Pullard is expected to get the start in Brown's absence.

The linebacker corps is very thin with the loss of Brown. Earlier on in the 2018 season, Denzel Perryman suffered a season-ending knee injury. Both players were key contributors to stopping the run.

13 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

The Chargers are facing a huge loss as linebacker Jatavis Brown will miss the rest of the season due to an ankle injury, Brown sustained an undisclosed ankle injury during Sunday's win over the Broncos. He had to be carted off, and there were concerns of how severe it'd be, but it's enough to keep him sidelined throughout the upcoming postseason. Hayes Pullard is expected to get the start in Brown's absence.

The linebacker corps is very thin with the loss of Brown. Earlier on in the 2018 season, Denzel Perryman suffered a season-ending knee injury. Both players were key contributors to stopping the run.

Chargers left their starters in despite a big lead in a meaningless game at that point.. Gordon was also injured.

i hope we don’t see the ravens. that defense has the best lb corps in the afc and that in itself creates issues for chiefs

the way ravens run and punch u in the mouth on offense it’s difficult to get them off the field. i don’t know what the stat is but i believe ravens don’t go 3 and out very often since jackson’s start. 

5 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

i hope we don’t see the ravens. that defense has the best lb corps in the afc and that in itself creates issues for chiefs

the way ravens run and punch u in the mouth on offense it’s difficult to get them off the field. i don’t know what the stat is but i believe ravens don’t go 3 and out very often since jackson’s start. 

Their QB is a turnover waiting to happen. KC has no reason to fear these guys. Offense can beat them again and it would be a home game. I think KC will face the Colts first.

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

Their QB is a turnover waiting to happen. KC has no reason to fear these guys. Offense can beat them again and it would be a home game. I think KC will face the Colts first.

I believe I read somewhere that our much maligned defense had one of the better games against LJ

19 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

I will disagree- Mosely cannot cover, Peanut is okay and Kenny Young can't stay on the field.

Browns LB's are better....

On 12/31/2018 at 5:08 PM, FANATIC said:

Chargers left their starters in despite a big lead in a meaningless game at that point.. Gordon was also injured.

I heard some of the Chargers game telecast replayed and even the broadcasters were saying with the Chiefs up huge it made no sense why LA wasn’t pulling starters.  Not like they had a bye week. I still think they likely win, but silly to lose players in that circumstance.  

Interesting Stats. Looks like playmakers are not afraid to take a sack. Would like to see an escape stat. comparison.

Most sacks charged directly to QBs this season (as opposed to blockers): Dak Prescott 15 Deshaun Watson 14 Russell Wilson 13 Patrick Mahomes 10 Mitchell Trubisky 9 Jared Goff 8 Lamar Jackson 8 Josh Rosen 7

25 replies50 retweets139 likes

Archived