Ravens Rematch?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Im not going to any playoff games this year. Ive sat out there the last 2 seasons and froze my ass off and had my heart ripped out. Im not doing it again. Im done getting burned Mike.

You can only get hurt so many times before you put a wall up. Im going in expecting a loss. If we win, then it will be a pleasant surprise.

Id love nothing more than a game where we just roll like 45-14. But fact is we are a terrible matchup for this team. The only strength this defense has is pass rush, and the Colts pass protect better than any team in the league. 

I’ve seen every playoff game since 1991 and feel your pain (2-6). But I see each one as an opportunity to wipe the slate clean as far as I’m concerned.  Plus I don’t take losing a tenth as bad as I did when I was younger which helps.  

On point I didn’t even consider the possibility we could host the AFC Championship game last August and booked a trip to Las Vegas that weekend. My wife has conceded we aren’t going if the Chiefs are playing in that game. Just no way I’d miss it. Again it’s one win away but because of our past still feels a million miles away. 

Honestly walking out of that stadium as AFC Champions whenever that might happen would basically complete my 25 year experience of going to games.  We have truly seen it all short of that. I’d still go, but it would be far more casual and less often.  Time to find another hobby, preferably on a beach.  LOL

6 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I’ve seen every playoff game since 1991 and feel your pain (2-6). But I see each one as an opportunity to wipe the slate clean as far as I’m concerned.  Plus I don’t take losing a tenth as bad as I did when I was younger which helps.  

Two times I've watched a playoff game and got bummed out for longer than a few hours.  The first was 1978 (?) Royals vs. Yankees when the Royals blew the lead in the ninth inning and missed their first chance at the World Series.  The second was the famous 1996 playoff game against the vastly inferior Colts when Bono melted down and the kicker never to be mentioned blew the game for the best team of the year.  After that game, I vowed never to take a sports entertainment so seriously.  Faith, family, health, and friends mean something.  Whether it's the local team or one down the road that wins a playoff game really has no effect on my condition other than a momentary joy of backing a victor.  Gotta keep it in perspective.  

BUT THE CHIEFS BETTER WIN THIS ONE!!!!

Archived