Demarcus Robinson

Yesterday I saw Ryan Tracy on his post-game video claim that "Robinson hasn't taken a step forward this year and Conley is still the third option"...I was like WTF? Looking at this season and bar the Rams game what has Conley done exactly? Robinson hasn't been targeted a whole lot, But imo more often than not he's made good use of his opportunities. At Denver he made some clutch catches both in the redzone and In the game-winning drive. At the Raiders he had that big play that got us to the five and allowed us to score a TD. He was also the man who caught the "no-look pass" against the Ravens that moved the chains. And now we have the last three games where he's scored three TD's whilst Sammy has been out, Tyreek has been banged up and Kelce has been quiet. So imo he most certainly has stepped up this season and his connection with Mahomes seems to be growing by the game. 

23 minutes ago, MisChief-Maker said:

Yesterday I saw Ryan Tracy on his post-game video claim that "Robinson hasn't taken a step forward this year and Conley is still the third option"...I was like WTF? Looking at this season and bar the Rams game what has Conley done exactly? Robinson hasn't been targeted a whole lot, But imo more often than not he's made good use of his opportunities. At Denver he made some clutch catches both in the redzone and In the game-winning drive. At the Raiders he had that big play that got us to the five and allowed us to score a TD. He was also the man who caught the "no-look pass" against the Ravens that moved the chains. And now we have the last three games where he's scored three TD's whilst Sammy has been out, Tyreek has been banged up and Kelce has been quiet. So imo he most certainly has stepped up this season and his connection with Mahomes seems to be growing by the game. 

Neither has impressed.

1 minute ago, MisChief-Maker said:

Robinson has three td's In his last three games, I'd say he's starting to impress. We'll see what he does in the playoffs. From what I remember he was one of the few who per4formed well against the Titans last time. 

Agree...time is now!

Conley has a difficult time creating separation with any consistency even though he's only single covered. He does have pretty good hands, red zone size (5 TDs this year) and brings other intangibles and blocking to the table.  But he's really a luxury so I'm fine whatever they want to do there. He's more like a 4,5 guy than a legit 3.  From what I read about Robinson he clearly can create seperation but still really struggles with "getting" the complexities of a WR in this offense. He did have his third straight game with a TD yesterday which is encouraging. He also only has an 800,000 CAP hit in 2019 so he's got another year to emerge as a legit option. Whatever Andy wants to do at WR next year is fine with me though with Watkins, Hill and Robinson all locked in.  Byron Pringle is a pretty intriguing guy to me too. 

9 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Neither impress. Im secretely hoping the dolphins cut albert wilson and we get him back for pennies on the dollar

No chance.  The Chiefs have a #1 WR that will be locked down soon, so they just need to shop for a complimentary guy.  This draft is great for finding one.

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

Conley has a difficult time creating separation with any consistency even though he's only single covered. He does have pretty good hands, red zone size (5 TDs this year) and brings other intangibles and blocking to the table.  But he's really a luxury so I'm fine whatever they want to do there. He's more like a 4,5 guy than a legit 3.  From what I read about Robinson he clearly can create seperation but still really struggles with "getting" the complexities of a WR in this offense. He did have his third straight game with a TD yesterday which is encouraging. He also only has an 800,000 CAP hit in 2019 so he's got another year to emerge as a legit option. Whatever Andy wants to do at WR next year is fine with me though with Watkins, Hill and Robinson all locked in.  Byron Pringle is a pretty intriguing guy to me too. 

Yes on Pringle.  He was going to make the team right?   Conley is system type.  He's a big body blocking WR who makes some short yardage catches.  He helps in the run I think.

Archived