AFC WEST CHAMPIONS AND THE NUMBER 1 SEED!!!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Omahacolt is back!!!!!  OMG!!!  Good to see you!!!!  

I have been around.  Like to read the locker room and teach mex and west about the ways of the world.

i read here but don’t post as much since I don’t get to watch the chiefs as much as I used to.  Although I did watch a good amount this year

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

Fair enough.  I hope he goes out there and says “Watch this shit!”  And bitch slaps whoever we play for 45 points.   That will include running the ball as it has.  But I don’t change now.  The defense has to step up. 

have to run a little more than we have. the d isn’t going to step up unless the offense helps them by keeping there ass on the bench and when it’s time they at least aren’t tired. 

running the ball will also help mahomes and slow down the pass rush..we all know teams are gonna send people all day long. 

these teams that are left in the afc don’t strike as fast as we can but what they do is control the clock and so there d is fresher. it’s almost a chip kelley dilemma  

i am not saying to stop taking deep shots etc all i’m saying is help our shitty d and allow the run game to keep things in line  

32 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

have to run a little more than we have. the d isn’t going to step up unless the offense helps them by keeping there ass on the bench and when it’s time they at least aren’t tired. 

running the ball will also help mahomes and slow down the pass rush..we all know teams are gonna send people all day long. 

these teams that are left in the afc don’t strike as fast as we can but what they do is control the clock and so there d is fresher. it’s almost a chip kelley dilemma  

i am not saying to stop taking deep shots etc all i’m saying is help our shitty d and allow the run game to keep things in line  

And I'm not saying don't run the ball.  We have all year and should continue.  But if I'm the Ravens, I pray to god that it's not a shootout.  I hope the Chiefs try to grind it out with us and shorten the game.  I hope it's a game in the teens or early twenties.  I think that's the only way they come in with Lamar Jackson and beat us.  But we'll see.  It's gonna be fun. 

5 hours ago, FANATIC said:

Just thinking be balanced and try to control the clock a little. Not change the offense. Just watch that clock. Chiefs have been fairly good on the ground. Ware likely back. Just dont forget the run. Other teams have recently played keep away from Mahomes. KC can do the same. 

5 hours ago, reesebobby said:

Every single year, Andy gets shat on for being conservative in the playoffs.  Now we want him to get away from what has made us one of the top offenses in league history and earned us the number one seed.  And let whatever Williams guy is number 31 take over.  Good plan.  

I think Reid just needs to find the right time to be aggressive and the right time to be a little conservative. It seems like he gets conservative at the wrong time and too aggressive at other times. It's a tough choice but that's why he gets paid the big bucks. 

The 2nd Chargers game, he tried to be conservative, and the Charger blew that $hit up. The game against the Seahawks the Chiefs were aggressive and it didn't work  ( the 3 & 2 play I remember). If you swap what he did for each team and situation the Chiefs may have won both games.

26 minutes ago, qnet said:

I think Reid just needs to find the right time to be aggressive and the right time to be a little conservative. It seems like he gets conservative at the wrong time and too aggressive at other times. It's a tough choice but that's why he gets paid the big bucks. 

The 2nd Chargers game, he tried to be conservative, and the Charger blew that $hit up. The game against the Seahawks the Chiefs were aggressive and it didn't work  ( the 3 & 2 play I remember). If you swap what he did for each team and situation the Chiefs may have won both games.

i agree but look at the possessions where we go,with three consecutive pass plays. those possessions end in 3 and 10. the one at the end of the chargers game makes sense but no full back or 3te set to help to ensure we gained yardage. 

it appears reid wants to pass to get a lead then run. problem is if that doesn’t work and our o is sitting on the bench while the other team is wearing down our defense. 

7 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

i agree but look at the possessions where we go,with three consecutive pass plays. those possessions end in 3 and 10. the one at the end of the chargers game makes sense but no full back or 3te set to help to ensure we gained yardage. 

it appears reid wants to pass to get a lead then run. problem is if that doesn’t work and our o is sitting on the bench while the other team is wearing down our defense. 

Yeah, I've remember those, that's been going on back to when when Smith was the QB . I haven't looked at it that deep as far as formations, so you're probably correct. 

Once thing that hasn't been mentioned is, I think having Alex Smith at QB actually helped Suttons defense play better. Alex Smith was safe with his dink & dunk, no turnover style. This, combined with Spencer Ware, West , and also Alex Smith running really helped the defense. 

They stayed off the field, were able to regroup, and rest. 

As much as I love having Mahomes, I believe his big play ability may hurt the defense at times. It's crazy to think about it, but the Chiefs score so fast that the opposition gets desperate, and feel like they have to make a play. The Chiefs defense just isn't good enough to withstand that,  so far.

Another thing I have to mention is, I'm rewatching the Chiefs/Raider game and that kid Ward is looking pretty good.

I don't know any solutions,  just posting what I've seen. 

21 hours ago, FANATIC said:

No fear for me. Chiefs won the AFC West. I love it. Three years in a row. Even better.

Comes down to which team makes the big plays in the big moments. Chiefs have plenty of big play players on both sides of the ball. Who you played, beat or lost to does not matter. Rankings do not matter. All of the playoff teams , this year, are capable of winning. Need to win the turnover battle & hope the refs do not determine the outcome, win or lose. REFS: Keep those Damn flags in your pocket. 

Hope: For a good bounce or two.......

Its a new season....win or go home. Chiefs have had an amazing season win or lose. The future is bright.

I feel your pain about the flags...I officiate High School Football here in Tennessee..We always talk about keeping our flags in our pockets...Only throw the flag if it affects the play..if it happens no where near the play, don't think about throwing it..Just sayin

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

NFL has a big problem. QBs are taking up too much of the cap. Even a mediocre QB is payed way too much. KC will be in this hell soon enough. Hope the NFL figures it out before then.

We’ve got until around the  2023 season before we will really have to pay the piper on this deal as his second contract will likely he backloaded more. So there’s legit time to use this huge advantage and build this thing right. After that the veteran talent around him won’t be as good minus some change.  That’s for sure. 

So  in his first 5 years as a starter before this happens  I’ll predict 4 division titles, 7 playoff wins, 2 AFC Championships and a Lombardi.   

33 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

We’ve got until around the  2023 season before we will really have to pay the piper on this deal as his second contract will likely he backloaded more. So there’s legit time to use this huge advantage and build this thing right. After that the veteran talent around him won’t be as good minus some change.  That’s for sure. 

So  in his first 5 years as a starter before this happens  I’ll predict 4 division titles, 7 playoff wins, 2 AFC Championships and a Lombardi.   

Love it.

I think the NFL will address this issue like they did the Rookie Player Salaries. Either adjust the cap value:percentage on a QB contract or ? The league needs to address this. Non Qbs will start more hold outs and talent may choose other sports. This has huge implications. Rogers at over 30 million leaves little for more talent in GB.

Bill Polian absolutely went to the competition committee and whined after the Colts receivers were bitch slapped around by the Patriots Defense. 

While technically not an official new rule, the original rule was vague so he had his stooge Dungy make it redefined so the mean Defensive backs couldn't be mean to his receivers anymore.

2 hours ago, FANATIC said:

Love it.

I think the NFL will address this issue like they did the Rookie Player Salaries. Either adjust the cap value:percentage on a QB contract or ? The league needs to address this. Non Qbs will start more hold outs and talent may choose other sports. This has huge implications. Rogers at over 30 million leaves little for more talent in GB.

This is a free market, not a rules issue in my opinion. When teams figure out how they can’t pay QBs over a percentage of CAP and win Super Bowls.  That’ll be a plan that drives down prices.  I think if these young QBs continue to establish themselves as real contenders it’ll start to do that.  In the meantime we are truly ahead of the game and poised to capitalize the next 4-5 years.  

The QB salaries went up about 200% over the time when the cap went up about 50%. So I think it's safe to assume that some GM will always bite. Keenum or Cousins getting huge paychecks just show how the market is messed up. It'll be some time before teams realize it but right now it's not a healthy situation for any team. 

Archived