AFC WEST CHAMPIONS AND THE NUMBER 1 SEED!!!

2 hours ago, ATLchief said:

And now look at the Vikings.  Stuck with paying $85 million guaranteed to a guy who is like 4-25 against winning teams.

Redskins actually made the smart play.

Vikings...not so much.

I think Kirk Cousins has value and was absolutely an upgrade from Case Keenum, but they also needed to understand his limitations and needed to build a strong line for him to play behind. 

People are quick to point at the QB, but aren't also highlighting the pressure he faced and the running game that went South quickly.  The Vikings 2017 Offensive Line and 2018 Offensive Line were two very different things.

The Redskins didn't really make the smart play in the long run because they tied up a ton of guaranteed money into an older QB that will probably never play for them again.  If he does, will not be the same.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, ATLchief said:

Redskins actually made the smart play.

Er yeah.  They have signed a 34 year old quarterback to 4 year 94 million dollar contract with 71 of that guaranteed.  Of all things, a KC Chief reject.  This after failing to sign to a second contract the home grown guy that they really wanted.  Now Smith may have a career ending injury and they are drafting at number 15.  After Smith they have two 32 year olds in Colt McCoy and Mark Sanchez.  You can bet your ass they would trade quarterback situations with the Vikings in a New York minute.

But none of this is about Cousins.  I only mentioned him because he's an example of a team thinking they can get a guy signed and ultimately not getting it done.  If we are ok with losing Mahomes to the Vikings, then yes we can follow the Redskins play on him.  But Mahomes isn't Cousins and I hope they keep him locked down for his entire career. 

10 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

I think Kirk Cousins has value and was absolutely an upgrade from Case Keenum, but they also needed to understand his limitations and needed to build a strong line for him to play behind. 

People are quick to point at the QB, but aren't also highlighting the pressure he faced and the running game that went South quickly.  The Vikings 2017 Offensive Line and 2018 Offensive Line were two very different things.

The Redskins didn't really make the smart play in the long run because they tied up a ton of guaranteed money into an older QB that will probably never play for them again.  If he does, will not be the same.

Pretty good film breakdown on Cousins this week showing a propensity for making oline worse than it is similar to Alex. He’s a solid 2nd tier guy with with CAP hits like he’s elite. Skins had to trade us a good young corner and third round pick just so they could do the same.  Seems obvious they both lost but Washington lost more. 

In this era I think we’d agree you better find a QB in the draft with an occasional value outlier like Foles. But even he was a result of having a QB on rookie deal.  

They opened our Inside the NFL segment with two Raiders fans (kids) sitting outside Arrowhead playing checkers and the voice over said “seems like while the Chiefs are playing chess, everyone else in AFC West is playing checkers.”

Not entirely true, but nice trubute to three straight division titles and the unreal 22-3 record we’ve accumulated within division the last 25 games. Just keeps giving us a chance to break down door from good to great.  

44 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

And there is a Paris in Texas

What's your point?

Jackson is either Mr Fumble or. Mr Energy. Hands in Pants.....you need to warm Jacksons hands....he looks afraid.....Balt offense looks like the walking dead....Love Jackson on the sideline with a coat on and a look on his face like Where am I......lol

On 1/3/2019 at 10:07 PM, liquidfriend said:

Cousins is sooo much better than Keenum.

i watched a few Vikings games, suspect play calling and creativity.

On 1/4/2019 at 10:01 AM, reesebobby said:

Er yeah.  They have signed a 34 year old quarterback to 4 year 94 million dollar contract with 71 of that guaranteed.  Of all things, a KC Chief reject.  This after failing to sign to a second contract the home grown guy that they really wanted.  Now Smith may have a career ending injury and they are drafting at number 15.  After Smith they have two 32 year olds in Colt McCoy and Mark Sanchez.  You can bet your ass they would trade quarterback situations with the Vikings in a New York minute.

But none of this is about Cousins.  I only mentioned him because he's an example of a team thinking they can get a guy signed and ultimately not getting it done.  If we are ok with losing Mahomes to the Vikings, then yes we can follow the Redskins play on him.  But Mahomes isn't Cousins and I hope they keep him locked down for his entire career. 

I'm really not even sure what the hell we're talking about anymore...

19 hours ago, FANATIC said:

Jackson is either Mr Fumble or. Mr Energy. Hands in Pants.....you need to warm Jacksons hands....he looks afraid.....Balt offense looks like the walking dead....Love Jackson on the sideline with a coat on and a look on his face like Where am I......lol

You really come off looking stupid and middle schoolish.

Congrats on that.

6 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Congrats on that.

Yes the truth hurts. That was the most pathetic performance by a so called NFL QB ever. His interviews imply he got no "You Know" real education. Must have just let him show up. He needs to go back to SCHOOLISH " You Know".

2 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Congrats on that.

Don't care about his interview, but his play yesterday was pathetic, you'll have to admit.  If a rookie is pulled off the bench to fill in for the starter in the middle of a game, one might expect such a confused performance.  For a player who has played half the season, this was hard to watch.  Both the Mrs. and I ware astounded that Harbaugh didn't bring in Flacco to try to win the game before the time ran out.  Maybe Jackson has a future in the league, but yesterday certainly has to raise questions. 

45 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Don't care about his interview, but his play yesterday was pathetic, you'll have to admit.  If a rookie is pulled off the bench to fill in for the starter in the middle of a game, one might expect such a confused performance.  For a player who has played half the season, this was hard to watch.  Both the Mrs. and I ware astounded that Harbaugh didn't bring in Flacco to try to win the game before the time ran out.  Maybe Jackson has a future in the league, but yesterday certainly has to raise questions. 

100% agree.it was painful to watch and Flacco had to be thinking WTF????

48 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Agree. Jackson seems to have some of the "it" factor more than legitimate NFL skills ala Tim Tebow. (he is a better passer than Tebow which isn't saying much)   There's a reason most teams wanted to convert him to WR. In this era where passing offenses have a major rules advantage it just makes no sense to have a substandard passer.  

12 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Agree. Jackson seems to have some of the "it" factor more than legitimate NFL skills ala Tim Tebow. (he is a better passer than Tebow which isn't saying much)   There's a reason most teams wanted to convert him to WR. In this era where passing offenses have a major rules advantage it just makes no sense to have a substandard passer.  

Agree......This guy is not an NFL QB.His leadership skills were on display. Brings amazing high energy to the huddle🙄

3 hours ago, FANATIC said:

Yes the truth hurts. That was the most pathetic performance by a so called NFL QB ever. His interviews imply he got no "You Know" real education. Must have just let him show up. He needs to go back to SCHOOLISH " You Know".

Now you are just acting flat out racist; " His interviews imply he got no "You Know" real education"-Translation-> "Well he just a dumb black football player who didn't learn nothing in college- just there to play football"

I feel sad for you.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Bad game. He needs to improve. With that offensive line, the way the Chargers schemed them, Flacco would not have fared any better.

52 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

100% agree.it was painful to watch and Flacco had to be thinking WTF????

See above.

45 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

He will get better with a full season of OTA's and training camp.

21 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Now you are just acting flat out racist; " His interviews imply he got no "You Know" real education"-Translation-> "Well he just a dumb black football player who didn't learn nothing in college- just there to play football"

I feel sad for you.

You made the point he is black not me. Watching his interview was brutal .......white, green, red, yellow, brown , black....or whatever. Safe to say he is not a candidate for MVP or a career in Broadcasting. 

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

I feel sad for you.

Bad game. He needs to improve. With that offensive line, the way the Chargers schemed them, Flacco would not have fared any better.

See above.

He will get better with a full season of OTA's and training camp.

It's not like I'm saying they should give up on the guy and yes everyone improves with a full offseason. But the scouting report on his passing skills played out pretty much the way most projected. My point would be they probably need to hedge their bets on him. At the very least its likely gonna take some real time to develop that part of his game. 

Archived