Trade for Antonio Brown?

Seems his time with Steelers is over.  I honestly hate the guy and in my top 3 least liked players in NFL BUT he is elite and would match up well with Hill.

He would actually be pretty cheap for the trading team..post June trade

2019:  $15.125

2020:  $11.3

2021:  $12.5

flame away......

8 minutes ago, Balto said:

Seems his time with Steelers is over.  I honestly hate the guy and in my top 3 least liked players in NFL BUT he is elite and would match up well with Hill.

He would actually be pretty cheap for the trading team..post June trade

2019:  $15.125

2020:  $11.3

2021:  $12.5

flame away......

Watkins?

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

Quit trying to trade away draft picks and cheap rookie contracts for expensive declining veterans!

If we could give up some pieces that don't fit and the deal didn't include any picks, I'd be interested.  I know that's highly unlikely, but a top 3 of Hill, Brown and Watkins would be nasty, and also some great insurance if Watkins gets hurt.  We have the money to spare while Mahomes is on his rookie deal.

19 minutes ago, xen said:

Even after the rest of Watkins signing bonus is accelerated into next years cap?

In a trade scenario, yes.  They would no longer be on the hook for guaranteed dollars.  The only problem is the Steelers couldn't afford to eat the 21m dead cap than another 12 million in base salary for a brokedick WR.

1 hour ago, liquidfriend said:

In a trade scenario, yes.  They would no longer be on the hook for guaranteed dollars.  The only problem is the Steelers couldn't afford to eat the 21m dead cap than another 12 million in base salary for a brokedick WR.

Not true because there’s  no trading our way out of the 21 million dollar signing bonus!

2 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

This would have to be a “post-June” trade so its spread out.  If so, the Steelers would have $7M in dead money BUT have a cap savings of $15M.  Chiefs would have $7M in dead money with about $12M in cap savings.

numbers actually work out pretty good/even for both teams.

1 hour ago, TomahawkChop said:

Absolutely no. Spend capital on defense. FA skill players will be begging to play with Mahomes and will likely accept less from the Chiefs than from many other teams. 

Normally I’d agree but if we include Watkins in the deal our overall cap hit isn’t bad and still have $40+ to fix the D.

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

You clearly don’t seem to grasp how this salary cap deal works.  Neither player is going anywhere. 

Again...post June trade allows it to work for both teams.  I’d agree that it doesn’t pre-June.

Archived