Trade for Antonio Brown?

1 hour ago, xen said:

I just ran it through a trade simulator and with the acceleration we'd lose over 9 mil between dead money and Brown's salary vs just keeping Watkins, so we'd save Jack and squat.

Regardless, this is a bad idea.

What simulator Xen?  I’d love to play with that for a few hours lolol.

1 hour ago, xen said:

I just ran it through a trade simulator and with the acceleration we'd lose over 9 mil between dead money and Brown's salary vs just keeping Watkins, so we'd save Jack and squat.

Regardless, this is a bad idea.

What I came up with(paper/pen method). Was trading for Brown would cost: $15.125M for 2019, while Watkins dead money would be $7M with a cap savings of $12.2M($19.2M total salary minus $250k workout and $11,950 base, both of which Steelers would pay.  Leaving us with only $7M dead money).

So trading for Brown and including Watkins in the trade would cost KC a total of $15.125(Brown) - $12.2M(cap savings) = $2.925M to have Brown instead of Watkins next season.

5 hours ago, Balto said:

This would have to be a “post-June” trade so its spread out.  If so, the Steelers would have $7M in dead money BUT have a cap savings of $15M.  Chiefs would have $7M in dead money with about $12M in cap savings.

numbers actually work out pretty good/even for both teams.

A what? Trades dont work like that.

11 hours ago, Balto said:

What I came up with(paper/pen method). Was trading for Brown would cost: $15.125M for 2019, while Watkins dead money would be $7M with a cap savings of $12.2M($19.2M total salary minus $250k workout and $11,950 base, both of which Steelers would pay.  Leaving us with only $7M dead money).

So trading for Brown and including Watkins in the trade would cost KC a total of $15.125(Brown) - $12.2M(cap savings) = $2.925M to have Brown instead of Watkins next season.

How are you magically getting rid of 7 million in signing bonus money we’ve already paid to get to your 7 million in total dead cap money?  Quick math.  21 million divided by 3 year contract equals 7 per season.  He’s got two years left.  So 2 x 7 equals a bare minimum of 14 million in dead cap.  

Turns 31 in July......read this and ask if you really really want him....

Posted by
Steelers
11 hours ago

Antonio Brown's 18 bizzare off-the-field headlines since the 2017 season ended

renderTimingPixel.png

• Brown took to Instagram to publicly call out his girlfriend and mother of his children for not taking care of her children from a previous relationship.
• Brown skipped most of OTAs after he saw Roethlisberger wasn't there. Roethlisberger later admitted he had a pre-planned family vacation during the optional practices.
• Brown slammed the media on the first day of mandatory minicamp, appearing to question why he plays, saying, “Am I playing football to make a lot of money or am I playing football to take care of my family?” Brown continued, saying the media puts pressure on him and that he is unable to go out in public because of it.
• Brown showed up in a helicopter to training camp.
• Brown disappeared for a week during training camp. Mike Tomlin claimed that he had been sent to Pittsburgh for medical tests, but Brown was filmed in a pool in Miami.
• Brown reportedly called Bouchette a “racist” after Bouchette tweeted that Brown was limping at training camp. He then called Bouchette a “clown” on Twitter. Reportedly, Brown apologized to Bouchette.
• Brown showed up more than four hours late to an event at Children’s Hospital, offering no explanation as to why he was so late.
• Brown makes a joke in a GQ article about cheating on his girlfriend and mother of children, saying “it’s kind of hard to keep it in my pants.”
• Brown threatened to assault ESPN’s The Undefeated reporter Jesse Washington, saying “wait to I see you bro we gone see what your jaw like.” Brown then issued a public apology, then went on a strange tirade to media in which he called himself an ”exceptionalism.”
• Brown was spotted by CBS cameras hugging former Browns offensive coordinator Todd Haley during a game against Cleveland. He then was caught bragging about reaching 10,000 career receiving yards to Haley on team’s Snapchat, minutes after the 21-21 tie.
• Brown was seen yelling at his offensive coordinator Randy Fichtner and wide receivers coach Darryl Drake on the sideline. He then left the locker room before media could ask him about it vs Chiefs.
• Brown tweeted "trade me let's find out" when criticized on Twitter by former Steelers public relations staffer Ryan Scarpino.
• Brown failed to show up for Monday meetings after the Chiefs game. He then told the media he was “pissed off” because “we suck.”
• Brown was sued for trashing his Florida apartment and then claimed he had $80,000 in cash and a gun stolen from him. He was also sued for tossing furniture from the 14th floor of his apartment building, nearly hitting and, potentially, killing a 22-month-old toddler.
• Brown was cited for driving in excess of 100 miles per hour on McKnight Road, which was over 55 miles per hour more than the posted speed limit. Brown reportedly told police that he was late for a team meeting.
• Brown repeatedly posted his personal accolades on social media after Steelers losses, including a crucial 31-28 loss in New Orleans.
• Brown reportedly got into a disagreement with Roethlisberger in practice, throws a football at him and leaves practice.
• Brown reportedly skips the team’s walk through the day before Bengals game, shows up before the game, is told he won’t play and leaves at halftime.
All of these incidents, some major, some minor, have occurred since the last offseason. Brown, who will turn 31 in July, is set to have a base salary of $12,625,000 in 2019. He is signed through the 2021 season.

Source: https://937thefan.radio.com/articles/antonio-brown-report-just-latest-bizarre-year

From a pure talent perspective... hell yeah. BUT aside from talent I don't think his personality would fit. When the season became a bit of a struggle and the Steelers weren't so dominant, you could see the beginning of the implosion. He is your typical WR diva. WR throws a temper tantrum because the HC was in alignment with the QB and said WR was having hissie-fits on the sidelines before temper tantrum with HC/QB... no thank you. Not our headache and I don't want one.

Then add into the equation the money wrapped at the WR position knowing Hill is going to get paid, still have Watkins deal, and then add into the mix Bryant's contract...too much money in one area. Dee Ford, Chris Jones gonna get paid and we need that money for some defensive upgrades.

Archived