Vegas: Chiefs Favored to Win it All.

Here are the full odds for who will win the Super Bowl this year, along with their chances to get there.

Super Bowl LIII odds

TEAM VEGAS SB% CONF%
Kansas City Chiefs 4/1 22.9% 40.1%
New Orleans Saints 9/4 21.9% 41.8%
New England Patriots 6/1 15.5% 30.3%
Los Angeles Rams 5/1 15.2% 31.5%
Baltimore Ravens 20/1 6.5% 12.9%
Los Angeles Chargers 16/1 4% 7.5%
Chicago Bears 9/1 3.3% 8.2%
Seattle Seahawks 25/1 3.1% 7.4%
Philadelphia Eagles 30/1 2.4% 5.9%
Houston Texans 25/1 1.9% 5.2%
Dallas Cowboys 25/1 1.8% 5.2%
Indianapolis Colts 25/1 1.4% 4%

If I was in Vegas it seems worthwhile to throw $20 down on the Bears, Chargers and Texans.  

That said just an amazing contrast in QB experience in these playoffs. Top seven teams feature 3 lock Hall of Famers all 37 or older who combine for over 50 playoff starts.  

And then four guys with a total of one postseason start all 24 or younger.  

How much does playoff experience matter? Just another reason Chiefs aside that I find this one of the most compelling playoffs in a long time and likely a big reason NFL viewership soared this year.  

47 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I'm surprised that the Bears aren't getting a little more respect.  They probably aren't ready to win it all, but they're more likely than the Chargers or Ravens IMHO.

I think it’s more to do with that division.  Seems Vegas believes Saints can handle the NFC teams easier than KC can the AFC BUT in a head to head they give it to Chiefs over Saints.

10 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Mahomes has made the NFL a ton of money this year and has drawn in a lot of causal fans.   

Hope he can at least deliver one playoff win this postseason.

I just hope we win it before his contract comes up......You think our D is bad now. Wait till Pat is taking up $30+ million in cap

7 minutes ago, Balto said:

I just hope we win it before his contract comes up......You think our D is bad now. Wait till Pat is taking up $30+ million in cap

I have no doubt Mahommes will be a super bowl champ in the next few years. No reason the D should be crap when Mahomes cashes in. Draft well and those contracts off set his contract.

8 minutes ago, Balto said:

Veach needs to build this in a way where half the defense is playing under rookie deals when that happens.  It’s why we need to add, not subtract future draft picks especially after the 2019 draft  

With CBA up after 2020 a lot can change.  I expect larger rosters, the end of mandatory inactives, 2 more regular season games and some tweaking of overall CAP. 

4 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

I have no doubt Mahommes will be a super bowl champ in the next few years. No reason the D should be crap when Mahomes cashes in. Draft well and those contracts off set his contract.

Colts really turned their defense around fast by dumping big veteran contracts and adding a ton of speed.  Saints also did similar. 

5 hours ago, FANATIC said:

Here are the full odds for who will win the Super Bowl this year, along with their chances to get there.

Super Bowl LIII odds

TEAM VEGAS SB% CONF%
Kansas City Chiefs 4/1 22.9% 40.1%
New Orleans Saints 9/4 21.9% 41.8%
New England Patriots 6/1 15.5% 30.3%
Los Angeles Rams 5/1 15.2% 31.5%
Baltimore Ravens 20/1 6.5% 12.9%
Los Angeles Chargers 16/1 4% 7.5%
Chicago Bears 9/1 3.3% 8.2%
Seattle Seahawks 25/1 3.1% 7.4%
Philadelphia Eagles 30/1 2.4% 5.9%
Houston Texans 25/1 1.9% 5.2%
Dallas Cowboys 25/1 1.8% 5.2%
Indianapolis Colts 25/1 1.4% 4%

I think 9/4 is a heavier favorite than our 4/1. Unless that’s a typo.  But it’s nice to be up there. 

Archived