Who do we want the Chiefs to play next?

Colts, Bolts, or Dirty Birds?  The Chiefs would probably handle LAC easier although Rivers and the Chiefs' defense did them in a few weeks ago.  The Colts scare me the most.  Their defense has been very good in the second half of the season and Luck is hot.  Hilton is a little gimpy, but it hasn't slowed them down.  I just don't think the Ravens have the fire power to keep up with Mahomes, especially if the Chiefs O-line is healthier and even more so if they have to cover Watkins.  Toughest opponent would be IND, then BAL, and last, LAC.  Guess it all depends on who's most affected by injuries. 

BTW:  I think the Chiefs would be a great match up to beat the Pats in Arrowhead. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chargers are the most well rounded team we could face with a veteran HOF QB who just beat us. That said he’s a statue back there which plays into pass rush and for whatever reason Bob Sutton turns him into INT machine.  Still I think this is clearly our toughest option with them having best road record in the NFL.  

Colts defense isnt great but it’s underrated, fast and a good model for our future for quick turnaround. Luck is mobile and would be our toughest test as far as QB goes. 

Ravens style is strength vs weakness for them but I’d definitely prefer to play them again on the surface. Their defense is good but hardly a juggernaut and I think we’d score 30 and they couldn’t.  

All that said I’ve wished for opponents before like the 1995 Colts. I hope there’s not one shred of hope for any opponent among the players (except if some want to avenge Chargers loss).  AFC is wide open. 

But the thought of playing the Pats at Arrowhead Stadium for the AFC Championship almost seems surreal. But man what a great dream that’s SO close. 

It's going to be the Colts, they're already up 14-0 on Houston. 

Looks like i'll be avoiding all sports talk radio, tv and social media this week as KC fans will be already jumping off a cliff over having to play the Colts in the playoffs again.

3 minutes ago, dksww said:

Looks like i'll be avoiding all sports talk radio, tv and social media this week as KC fans will be already jumping off a cliff over having to play the Colts in the playoffs again.

You must admit they’re a scary opponent for the Chiefs.  They’ve always had our number.

3 minutes ago, dksww said:

Games hardly over but we might as well face all of our demons at once.  Colts do look impressive so far though. 

5 minutes ago, dksww said:

The Colts are running the ball very well vs Texans.  I do not like our D’s chances vs their running game.

7 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

You must admit they’re a scary opponent for the Chiefs.  They’ve always had our number.

5 minutes ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

The Colts are running the ball very well vs Texans.  I do not like our D’s chances vs their running game.

It's a foregone conclusion the Colts beat the Chiefs next week.  I'm not listening to any sports talk or paying any attention to social media on the NFL until free agency. 

Just now, Legend of AC said:

They are, but what happened in the past doesn't really control was happens this season.

2 minutes ago, qnet said:

They are, but what happened in the past doesn't really control was happens this season.

What's happening right now is the Colts are handing a very good defense their asses. I'm cringing at the thought of what they'll do to Jurassic Park and his incompetent D. Mahomes may have to throw for 7 TDs.

5 minutes ago, dksww said:

6 minutes ago, tges58 said:

What's happening right now is the Colts are handing a very good defense their asses. I'm cringing at the thought of what they'll do to Jurassic Park and his incompetent D. Mahomes may have to throw for 7 TDs.

3 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

You just know T.Y. Hilton would have like 250 yds against us.

That could could happen, the way the Chiefs defense has played, no doubt. 

My only point is, if the Colts beat the Chiefs this postseason, it won't be because they've lost to them in the past and the Colts organization has some mystical force over the Chiefs. It will be because the Chiefs defense fails (the most likely scenario) and the Colts slow down the Chiefs offense  just enough.  

1 minute ago, qnet said:

That could could happen, the way the Chiefs defense has played, no doubt. 

My only point is, if the Colts beat the Chiefs this postseason, it won't be because they've lost to them in the past and the Colts organization has some mystical force over the Chiefs. It will be because the Chiefs defense fails (the most likely scenario) and the Colts slow down the Chiefs offense  just enough.  

You’re right, it won’t be.  But it will feel that way.

Archived