Who do we want the Chiefs to play next?

7 minutes ago, qnet said:

That could could happen, the way the Chiefs defense has played, no doubt. 

My only point is, if the Colts beat the Chiefs this postseason, it won't be because they've lost to them in the past and the Colts organization has some mystical force over the Chiefs. It will be because the Chiefs defense fails (the most likely scenario) and the Colts slow down the Chiefs offense  just enough.  

Point taken.

The more I watch this game, though, I'm starting to think 7 TDs may not be enough.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just now, Iluvhouse24 said:

If they are doing this to Houston, the 12th ranked defense, at their house...what are they gonna do yo a Werthers led unit?

And the Colts o-line has given up 8 sacks in the last 10 games btw.

Yeah, Colts match up very well with us.  Our strength defensively is the pass rush and they don’t give up sacks.  Our offense is speedy but so is there defense.  The major problem for KC is that we can’t cover anyone.  And the Colts, with Hilton and Ebron, might have a field day.

3 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

If they are doing this to Houston, the 12th ranked defense, at their house...what are they gonna do to a Werthers led unit?

Expect to see a lot of Justin Houston covering T.Y. Hilton.

4 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

If they are doing this to Houston, the 12th ranked defense, at their house...what are they gonna do to a Werthers led unit?

They have talent on that D. I think Romeo is not making the most of this D.

One thing to keep in mind is these two are division rivals. They know each other very well. Yes, the Colt's defense is ranked high, but the Chargers & Ravens defense is ranked higher,  and Mahomes shredded both teams. 

Awful early o-plan and calls for Hous. Opened both drives with long inc passes down the field. Crazy. Put the offense in the hole second and long. That put the defense on the field too quick & too often. Hous outcoached so far. Chiefs can beat these teams. Just need to play their offense game and get a couple of stops on D.

38 minutes ago, dksww said:

Might as well not even watch next week.

LOL, DKSWW.... I accidentally posted the same thing twice.  I am in the Denver International Airport (sporting my Chiefs shirt BTW) and I hit submit on my cell phone twice it appears.

Are we going to see a reenactment of the 2003 playoff game against the Colts where no team punts?

I've liked the way Ward has looked the past few games at CB.  Our defense is much better at home.  However, I don't trust in our D's ability to stop the Colts' running game.

2 minutes ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

LOL, DKSWW.... I accidentally posted the same thing twice.  I am in the Denver International Airport (sporting my Chiefs shirt BTW) and I hit submit on my cell phone twice it appears.

Are we going to see a reenactment of the 2003 playoff game against the Colts where no team punts?

I've liked the way Ward has looked the past few games at CB.  Our defense is much better at home.  However, I don't trust in our D's ability to stop the Colts' running game.

Not to worry. Havent stopped any teams run game all season.  Colts havent faced Mahomes. Advantage Chiefs. Just need a couple defense stops or a turnover.  Chiefs win shoot outs.

2 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Not to worry. Havent stopped any teams run game all season.  Colts havent faced Mahomes. Advantage Chiefs. Just need a couple defense stops or a turnover.  Chiefs win shoot outs.

We need to score early & often so we can force the Colts into passing the ball a lot.  That plays into our D's strengths.... I believe we could sack &/or intercept Luck multiple times in Arrowhead with our crowd if we can make them one dimensional.  We are screwed if they can run it & throw it on our D at will.

9 minutes ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

We need to score early & often so we can force the Colts into passing the ball a lot.  That plays into our D's strengths.... I believe we could sack &/or intercept Luck multiple times in Arrowhead with our crowd if we can make them one dimensional.  We are screwed if they can run it & throw it on our D at will.

Yes. Its on KC offense to score often. The KC D is what it is.  D does play better at home and.........that Berry guy might actually play........maybe.....minute to minute....of course. Oh and that Watkins guy....might play....maybe....minute to minute.

12 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Yes. Its on KC offense to score often. The KC D is what it is.  D does play better at home and.........that Berry guy might actually play........maybe.....minute to minute....of course. Oh and that Watkins guy....might play....maybe....minute to minute.

Is Watkins playing?  I was literally in the mountains up in the Pacific Northwest the last few days and have not seen any updates on his status.

Archived