chiefs play Indy

49 minutes ago, omahacolt said:

Not much you guys need to worry about.  Colts have a bad pass rush and play zone.  Mahomes will eat it up

Not quite.  Pat Mahomes is going to need to be more accurate with his deeper passes to bust the seams in the Colts Zone Defense.

If he can get closer to early season than late season, the Chiefs will win a high scoring game.  If Pat is misfiring, the Chiefs could be in trouble.  I think he'll be ready.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

They will be playing from behind. Everyone runs the ball on KC. Nothing new.  Their D is not impressive. Watson was awful and the game plan worse.

I cannot believe how inaccurate Watson was.  He was literally bouncing passes at his open WRs feet all game.  Also the Texans RBs has eight carries in the entire game. EIGHT.  That’s whacko crazy from OBrien helping a young QB.  And do the Texans have a tight end? You beat the zones down the seems with tight ends. 

Congrats to the Colts on a terrific effort.  But the Texans were a train wreck who did their part to give it away too.  

42 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Not quite.  Pat Mahomes is going to need to be more accurate with his deeper passes to bust the seams in the Colts Zone Defense.

If he can get closer to early season than late season, the Chiefs will win a high scoring game.  If Pat is misfiring, the Chiefs could be in trouble.  I think he'll be ready.

Texans game plan against that defense was as horrific as Watson’s accuracy.  I think this is more about getting Mahomes to play within himself and take the holes to Colts zone will give. Kelce has to be drooling over the possibility of getting some free runs into the heart of that zone. 

3 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

Indi hasn't played a top 10 offense since they were 1-5. Kelce will eat up space in that zone all day. Like you said if we can connect on a few deep balls that will open up that cover 2. Houston gave up on it - they don't have the weapons.

The Colts are really hot and on a roll.  I don't see the Chiefs defense stopping them very often.  But what happened in HOU today isn't what's going to happen in Arrowhead.  HOU choked along with their coaches.  Watson was pathetic, maybe intimidated and we haven't seen much of that from Mahomes.  If Watkins can play, I think the Chiefs can rack up well over thirty points.  Ward played better last week than he did in SEA and hopefully, he will play better next week.  Berry might get in a full game.  The O-line should be healthier.  The Chiefs D gives up an average of 18 in Arrowhead although a hot Luck will beat that.  Lots of reasons to be optimistic, but the Colts are still the most dangerous team of the three the Chiefs might have played next  week.

BTW: Vegas has the Chiefs as five point favorites with an over/under of 56.  Guess that means a 31-25 win.  🙂

3 hours ago, wilkie said:

That was a super cold day

I think you're thinking of the '95 playoff game where the kicker who shall not be named gave the game away. That was a super cold day. The no punt game was the last time these teams played inArrowhead in the playoffs. Pretty nice day - aside from the final score. 

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Surreal. About 30 seconds ago I had this image of Chiefs 31, Colts 20 pop in my head.  Here’s hoping we are notredamaus for one day! 

Luck is probably a better matchup for our defense than a Watson/Jackson type. I like our pass rush a lot better against a pocket passer. Maybe I’m crazy, but I’m thinking 45-24, with Luck losing a fumble and throwing a pick. 

10 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Luck is probably a better matchup for our defense than a Watson/Jackson type. I like our pass rush a lot better against a pocket passer. Maybe I’m crazy, but I’m thinking 45-24, with Luck losing a fumble and throwing a pick. 

Ida know, Luck is a pretty good runner, he lumbers somewhat, but his game includes his feet too

38-35 Colts. I think we will lead most of the day and give up a TD pass in the back of the endzone on a blown coverage with about 00:13 on the clock, or something like that.

This team has been stomping on dreams my whole life. They've managed to lose almost every primetime game they played this year. I expect no change Saturday. 

If this defense was even a top 20 unit, I'd be more excited for a playoff run than I ever have in my life. But they arent. Retaining Sutton will cost us this season on Saturday.

This is the first year I have really heard the guys talking superbowl as their goal all year. These guys see it as a real possibility and not just a dream. Defense is energized and I expect to see their best football ahead. Watch for the Chiefs to fully awaken on Saturday. 

8 hours ago, wilkie said:

I this the Indy game where we never punted?   I remember it being cold.

Yes. It was cold in the morning but by kickoff it was sunny and warm. KC faithful wished it was colder vs Manning. I think Priest Holmes fumbled on a long run 5 yards from a scoring TD?

4 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

38-35 Colts. I think we will lead most of the day and give up a TD pass in the back of the endzone on a blown coverage with about 00:13 on the clock, or something like that.

This team has been stomping on dreams my whole life. They've managed to lose almost every primetime game they played this year. I expect no change Saturday. 

If this defense was even a top 20 unit, I'd be more excited for a playoff run than I ever have in my life. But they arent. Retaining Sutton will cost us this season on Saturday.

Honestly for me it was a Manning thing. Elway & Manning. For the AFC it will now be a Mahomes thing.

Archived