chiefs play Indy

5 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

38-35 Colts. I think we will lead most of the day and give up a TD pass in the back of the endzone on a blown coverage with about 00:13 on the clock, or something like that.

This team has been stomping on dreams my whole life. They've managed to lose almost every primetime game they played this year. I expect no change Saturday. 

If this defense was even a top 20 unit, I'd be more excited for a playoff run than I ever have in my life. But they arent. Retaining Sutton will cost us this season on Saturday.

Until the Chiefs prove the fan base wrong, I agree.  But I’ll say 34-31 Colts, marking the 5th consecutive playoff loss against them.  Chiefs playoff failures are spooky and if they lose this one it will cement my assertion that the curse is real.  

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im not gonna be fooled by Raiders game into believing defense is doing anything sustainable. We’ve  seen defense show up big time several other times this season at home only to get rolled over the next week.  Game plan again needs to be to plan on defense not showing up and we can all be pleasantly surprised if they do.  That’s just who this team is. 

Hopefully Andy knows that and puts this game into hands of the offense. If we lose that way so be it and we can fire Sutton and rebuild D like Colts and Saints are showing is possible quickly.  

I like our chances here though. But you can’t ever be really confident when one part of your team is so completely unreliable.  

6 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

wrong game Harbaugh was their QB.. there have been two other embarrassments since then

Against the Colts there were:

95’ Harbaugh leads heavy underdog Colts to victory in KC. 

03’ Peyton Manning shreds Greg Robinson D in KC.  No punts, Holmes fumbles after long run.

06’ Chiefs lose in Indy after hearing all week how the Colts won’t stop their running attack.  Colts shut it down with Bob Sanders return.

13’ Epic playoff collapse.  Chiefs lose 45-44 after being up 38-10 late in 3rd in Indy.  Eerily, our guys start dropping like flys in this one.  Luck fumbles to himself and dives in for the game-winning TD.

2019 ?????

53 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

Until the Chiefs prove the fan base wrong, I agree.  But I’ll say 34-31 Colts, marking the 5th consecutive playoff loss against them.  Chiefs playoff failures are spooky and if they lose this one it will cement my assertion that the curse is real.  

If they lose this one it will only cement our assertion that the defense isn't ready for playoff football.  Nothing more.

30 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

03’ Peyton Manning shreds Greg Robinson D in KC.  No punts, Holmes fumbles after long run.

06’ Chiefs lose in Indy after hearing all week how the Colts won’t stop their running attack.  Colts shut it down with Bob Sanders return.

13’ Epic playoff collapse.  Chiefs lose 45-44 after being up 38-10 late in 3rd in Indy.  Eerily, our guys start dropping like flys in this one.  Luck fumbles to himself and dives in for the game-winning TD.

2019 ?????

Yep, that's pretty much the whole history of it.  

95' A lot keep bringing up the kicker in 95, but Bono also threw 3 picks in that game.

03' Holmes just keeps fighting for yardage after being stopped and the Colt's strip the ball. Gonzo is called on a  50/50 offensive pass interference play, that I've seen players this season not get called for.

06' Very annoying coverage from analyst talking about the Chiefs run-game against the Colts seemingly jinxing the Chiefs (although I don't believe in jinxes). 

13' Very strange game, were my emotions went from being euphoric about the Chiefs to being dismayed and sad.

43 minutes ago, jetlord said:

If they lose this one it will only cement our assertion that the defense isn't ready for playoff football.  Nothing more.

Actual logic and not just teenage drama laden the Chiefs are cursed nonsense. 

Fortunately this organization recognized they could actually act on being outclassed at the most important position on the field and didn’t just scapegoat bad luck for playoff losses. 

They solved the tough part of the riddle, now building a competent defense shouldn’t be nearly as hard. 

10 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Fortunately this organization recognized they could actually act on being outclassed at the most important position on the field and didn’t just scapegoat bad luck for playoff losses. 

They solved the tough part of the riddle, now building a competent defense shouldn’t be nearly as hard. 

Come on, it’s superstition, not teenage drama.  And acting as if it doesn’t exist in professional sports is ridiculous.  There are plenty of superstitious fans in the NFL.  Hell, companies have made tv commercials about it.  So, whether legit or not is beside the point, really.  Of course the Chiefs weren’t hexed by some mysterious, unseen force.  But the manner in which this team has managed to lose playoff games over the years is inexplicable and thus, the curse thing was born.  

1 minute ago, Legend of AC said:

Come on, it’s superstition, not teenage drama.  And acting as if it doesn’t exist in professional sports is ridiculous.  There are plenty of superstitious fans in the NFL.  Hell, companies had made tv commercials about it.  So, whether legit or not is beside the point, really.  Of course the Chiefs weren’t hexed by some mysterious, unseen force.  But the manner in which this team has managed to lose playoff games over the years is inexplicable and thus, the curse thing was born.  

I think most of us know superstitions exist. My opinion is, it seems easier to just look at things in a realistic manner, especially with sports. Works for me at least.

Watson is NO Mahomes, Watson had all kinds of open WR's if he could have just made the pass instead of throwing it to the turf, Mahomes will make those plays, also I look for Damien Williams to have a big game against the Colts, because Lamar Miller was constantly open for a pass from Watson, but again Watson couldn't get it to him.

28 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Yes good point. Houston is nothing special. That division may be the worst in football. Chiefs roll Colts.

This weekend is soooooo weird to me!  I’m bored as hell wishing Chiefs played BUT I’m nervous we screw it up lol.

My wish for the Colts game.  

The Colts jump out to a big lead.  Like 30 points with 10 minutes left.  The Chiefs score 31 points to take a one point lead with 1 minute left.  Andrew Luck marches the Colts down the field to kick a last minute game winning field goal with 15 seconds left.  The field goal is good, but is called back for a holding penalty.  They get a second chance which hits the upright, bounces over to the other upright, falls to the cross bar and falls short.  But a defensive offside gives them another chance.  The third kick also falls short and Tyreek runs it back 109 yards for a touchdown and taunts the bench as he runs by, removing his pants and showing them his dick.  Then he jumps into the camera booth and films Luck crying on the sideline along with all Colts fans.  He is ejected and the penalty is assessed on the kickoff, but there is no time left and we win by 8.  

2 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

My wish for the Colts game.  

The Colts jump out to a big lead.  Like 30 points with 10 minutes left.  The Chiefs score 31 points to take a one point lead with 1 minute left.  Andrew Luck marches the Colts down the field to kick a last minute game winning field goal with 15 seconds left.  The field goal is good, but is called back for a holding penalty.  They get a second chance which hits the upright, bounces over to the other upright, falls to the cross bar and falls short.  But a defensive offside gives them another chance.  The third kick also falls short and Tyreek runs it back 109 yards for a touchdown and taunts the bench as he runs by, removing his pants and showing them his dick.  Then he jumps into the camera booth and films Luck crying on the sideline along with all Colts fans.  He is ejected and the penalty is assessed on the kickoff, but there is no time left and we win by 8.  

Wow so your wish is too see Hill with no pants on?

19 minutes ago, qnet said:

I think most of us know superstitions exist. My opinion is, it seems easier to just look at things in a realistic manner, especially with sports. Works for me at least.

And there’s nothing wrong with that whatsoever.  I am definitely more of the superstitious type, can’t help it.

52 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

Come on, it’s superstition, not teenage drama.  And acting as if it doesn’t exist in professional sports is ridiculous.  There are plenty of superstitious fans in the NFL.  Hell, companies have made tv commercials about it.  So, whether legit or not is beside the point, really.  Of course the Chiefs weren’t hexed by some mysterious, unseen force.  But the manner in which this team has managed to lose playoff games over the years is inexplicable and thus, the curse thing was born.  

Nahh. It’s just meaningless drama. In this life you control what you can control. You don’t succumb or scapegoat or pass the blame for your own failures. You act to change things or are doomed to repeat the problems again  

The Chiefs organization controls its destiny, not some mythical curse that means nothing.  And they recognized one common denominator in nearly all playoff losses and struck absolute gold by solving a problem rather than settling for excuses. 

What happened to curse of the Bambino or curse of the Billy Goat anyway? Those organizations stopped scapegoating and built teams that could destroy that myth that had become a crutch for a losers mentality.  

No matter what happens Saturday we’ve taken a huge step in that direction this year and have already exceeded nearly everyone’s expectations. We are poised to break down the wall and go from consistently better than most franchises to one that is the absolute best.

It’s going to happen as long as they approach this with same logic that led to trading Alex Smith and drafting Patrick Mahomes. It won’t happen by scapegoating losses on the back of some fairytale. 

18 minutes ago, Balto said:

Wow so your wish is too see Hill with no pants on?

It's kind of a multi part wish.  That's just a small part of it. 

There's more.  On the drive to take the lead, on 4th and goal, Mahomes throws a pass that is nearly intercepted.  But it's batted up in the air and Mahomes comes down with it at the 5 yard line.  He makes 3 people miss tackles and drags two into the end zone for the go ahead score catching his own touchdown pass for the 3rd time of the game.  His fantasy numbers are the highest ever with 3 TD receptions,  8 TD passes, 80 yards receiving 100 rushing and 600 passing.

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

I agree with this, and I believe this will be the last time we get a number 1 overall seed and dont capitalize. I just think its really rare to have an offense this good and defense this bad. Even Mahomes magic hasnt been enough to overcome the defensive incompetence in our primetime losses.

Its not a curse. Its been our unwillingness to go get the homegrown QB that could overcome some of the other deficiencies. A QB good enough to put the team on his back. We have that now. So even with a mediocre defense I will expect this team to be SB favorites for years to come. Hell. even a below average defense. 

But not this bad.  This defense is too porous to expect ANY QB to win 3 playoff games with. Thus my statement earlier. We arent cursed. They just made the mistake of not replacing Sutton last off season. He is not a good enough coach to offset the deficiencies in personnel we have. In fact they have been magnified by his inability to adjust to things on the fly. I think we will be elinated from the playoffs on 1/ 12 and he will be unemployed on 1/14.

10 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

It's kind of a multi part wish.  That's just a small part of it. 

There's more.  On the drive to take the lead, on 4th and goal, Mahomes throws a pass that is nearly intercepted.  But it's batted up in the air and Mahomes comes down with it at the 5 yard line.  He makes 3 people miss tackles and drags two into the end zone for the go ahead score catching his own touchdown pass for the 3rd time of the game.  His fantasy numbers are the highest ever with 3 TD receptions,  8 TD passes, 80 yards receiving 100 rushing and 600 passing.

Perfect in every way

3 hours ago, Legend of AC said:

2019 ?????

I'll recap it better. In 1995 the kicker gets most of the blame but our QB (3 INTs) did even more to give the game away to a clearly inferior team. We win if we start Gannon because he proved he was actually better than Harbaugh while Bono proved his was nothing more than career backup. Started the domino of being beaten by SUPERIOR QBs.

In 2003 the Chiefs were an exciting fraud that got crushed several times late in the season and lost to a clearly better QB and team for that matter. 

In 2006 we needed like 5 things to happen to even make the playoffs. Again beaten by a far better QB and team. 

2013 was the only game "bad LUCK" came into play with an unreal string of injuries. But LUCK is the better QB. 

2018 - all I know is that Mahomes is every bit as talented as Luck. So for the first time in this playoff series ever we aren't outgunned at QB by anything other than experience. 

34 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I agree with this, and I believe this will be the last time we get a number 1 overall seed and dont capitalize. I just think its really rare to have an offense this good and defense this bad. Even Mahomes magic hasnt been enough to overcome the defensive incompetence in our primetime losses.

Its not a curse. Its been our unwillingness to go get the homegrown QB that could overcome some of the other deficiencies. A QB good enough to put the team on his back. We have that now. So even with a mediocre defense I will expect this team to be SB favorites for years to come. Hell. even a below average defense. 

But not this bad.  This defense is too porous to expect ANY QB to win 3 playoff games with. Thus my statement earlier. We arent cursed. They just made the mistake of not replacing Sutton last off season. He is not a good enough coach to offset the deficiencies in personnel we have. In fact they have been magnified by his inability to adjust to things on the fly. I think we will be elinated from the playoffs on 1/ 12 and he will be unemployed on 1/14.

Yep. We finally grew a pair of cahones and made the bold moves to change the QB narrative. It's the absolute KEY to being a constant contender in January. If we do lose this game because of the defense all Andy Reid needs to do is let go of his ego and recognize he's a different vision and perhaps a good offseason from building a half way competent defense that would make us legit Super Bowl favorites next year. 

Defenses need talent and when we had exactly what Sutton needed he was pretty darn good. And I was even blinded by that. But you are exactly right that if anything was not right or he was missing any piece of the puzzle, the whole thing broke down. The only nightmare scenario here is we lose 21-20 with 2-3 picks from our young QB and Andy can scapegoat Sutton. If we do lose (which I personally don't think we will), I hope it is a scorefest leaving him no options. 

Again I'll say I've seen things already that suggest Andy is fed up with Bob's defense. We are seeing different personel and hearing rumblings that a few of the assistants are getting a bigger role in game planning. I hope he doesn't get blinded by a great performance last week. In fact that may suggest more than anything our inconsistency and inability to close games is on Sutton even more. 

Archived