chiefs play Indy

Forget the rankings. Look at the teams they played.

Cincinnati Bengals Sunday, September 09 2018 loss 23-34 coverage --
@ Washington Redskins Sunday, September 16 2018 win 21-9 coverage --
@ Philadelphia Eagles Sunday, September 23 2018 loss 16-20 coverage --
Houston Texans Sunday, September 30 2018 loss 34-37 coverage --
OCTOBER
@ New England Patriots Thursday, October 04 2018 loss 24-38 coverage --
@ New York Jets Sunday, October 14 2018 loss 34-42 coverage --
Buffalo Bills Sunday, October 21 2018 win 37-5 coverage --
@ Oakland Raiders Sunday, October 28 2018 win 42-28 coverage --
NOVEMBER
Jacksonville Jaguars Sunday, November 11 2018 win 29-26 coverage --
Tennessee Titans Sunday, November 18 2018 win 38-10 coverage --
Miami Dolphins Sunday, November 25 2018 win 27-24 coverage --
DECEMBER
@ Jacksonville Jaguars Sunday, December 02 2018 loss 0-6 coverage --
@ Houston Texans Sunday, December 09 2018 win 24-21 coverage --
Dallas Cowboys Sunday, December 16 2018 win 23-0 coverage --
New York Giants Sunday, December 23 2018 win 28-27 coverage --
@ Tennessee Titans Sunday, December 30 2018 win 33-17 coverage --
JANUARY

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Legend of AC said:

Until the Chiefs prove the fan base wrong, I agree.  But I’ll say 34-31 Colts, marking the 5th consecutive playoff loss against them.  Chiefs playoff failures are spooky and if they lose this one it will cement my assertion that the curse is real.  

Look like you already believe your assertion is real?😒 Chiefs are not focused on proving the fan base anything. They are focused on the next game. I prefer a bright future and dreams because looking back is not rewarding for most of us.

6 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

OCTOBER
NOVEMBER
DECEMBER
JANUARY

That schedule is not hard.  How'd they go 1-5 to start?  Yeesh.

12 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Look like you already believe your assertion is real?😒 Chiefs are not focused on proving the fan base anything. They are focused on the next game. I prefer a bright future and dreams because looking back is not rewarding for most of us.

Of course it isn’t rewarding, but how can it just be dismissed?  

31 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

OCTOBER
NOVEMBER
DECEMBER
JANUARY

Three things stand out. Thats one weak schedule compared to what we played. They were a different team once that got Mack back at RB. And man does that look like the 2016 Chiefs. Difference is they have an elite QB. My point is an elite QB always gives you a chance even as the 6 seed. It's why we most all Chiefs fans are excited about this entire era. Still its clear, they are the hottest team in the NFL and we can defintely beat them if we play our game and the defense can at least do things they were doing the first half of the season (get off the field on 3rd down and get some stops early to build a lead). 

Just now, Mloe68 said:

Three things stand out. Thats one weak schedule compared to what we played. They were a different team once that got Mack back at RB. And man does that look like the 2016 Chiefs. Difference is they have an elite QB. My point is an elite QB always gives you a chance even as the 6 seed. It's why we most all Chiefs fans are excited about this entire era. Still its clear, they are the hottest team in the NFL and we can defintely beat them if we play our game and the defense can at least do things they were doing the first half of the season (get off the field on 3rd down and get some stops early to build a lead). 

Agree 

2 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Winners look forward. Losers dwell on past failures and lament their past. Chiefs are winners.

Be that as it may, everyone on this board is nervous as hell about next week’s game because of past failure.  We’ve seen it too many times before not to be.  But, Chiefs can erase it all, every bit of it, with a win on Saturday.  Mahomes era = clean slate.

8 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Winners look forward. Losers lament their past. Chiefs are winners!

“I know with the history and stuff like that, but at the same time, we're a different generation,” Mahomes said. “I'm ready to go out there and win football games at Arrowhead, and I’m excited for that opportunity of knowing with the guys in this locker room that we're excited to go out there and play at Arrowhead and win games.”

2 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

“I know with the history and stuff like that, but at the same time, we're a different generation,” Mahomes said. “I'm ready to go out there and win football games at Arrowhead, and I’m excited for that opportunity of knowing with the guys in this locker room that we're excited to go out there and play at Arrowhead and win games.”

Exactly 

3 minutes ago, SEMO said:

This game won’t be close.  Mahomes will shine against that zone.

38-24 Good Guys

I want the Pats in the AFCC.  A little payback coming there, also.

Holy shit this would be unbelievable.  I just can’t imagine any game in the playoffs not being close for us because of our horrid defense.

4 hours ago, Legend of AC said:

Be that as it may, everyone on this board is nervous as hell about next week’s game because of past failure.  We’ve seen it too many times before not to be.  But, Chiefs can erase it all, every bit of it, with a win on Saturday.  Mahomes era = clean slate.

So now you speak for everyone on the board? 

Get the hell out of here with your BS assertions.  

5 hours ago, Legend of AC said:

Not True. Not nervous. Its just a game. Not my job or family health at issue.  Should be fun. Both teams are good. I expect KC will win. Great season win or lose. Its been fun.

14 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

Because our mvp QB was in high school when we lost to them in the playoffs last time, that’s why

Yeah, like Alex Smith, who had nothing to do with Trent Green, who had nothing to do with Steve Bono, who had nothing to do with Elvis Grbac.  Which is exactly my point; it hasn’t mattered who we’ve had; the result has been the same.  Big difference is that Mahomes is elite though.  Hopefully that means we win, finally.

6 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

Yeah, like Alex Smith, who had nothing to do with Trent Green, who had nothing to do with Steve Bono, who had nothing to do with Elvis Grbac.  Which is exactly my point; it hasn’t mattered who we’ve had; the result has been the same.  Big difference is that Mahomes is elite though.  Hopefully that means we win, finally.

You must be fun to watch the games with.......😏

50 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

Which is my point, Mahomes isn’t like any of those other QB’s, the one constant from those games has changed drastically...

1 hour ago, Legend of AC said:

Yes there is one common denominator in all of these losses but one.  The other team without question had the better QB.  Notice who won every game this weekend?  The team with the better QB.  

That doesn’t always hold true. But it does most of the time in January. And that’s why elite QBs = a lot of playoff wins. 

Archived