chiefs play Indy

6 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Yes there is one common denominator in all of these losses but one.  The other team without question had the better QB.  Notice who won every game this weekend?  The team with the better QB.  

That doesn’t always hold true. But it does most of the time in January. And that’s why elite QBs = a lot of playoff wins. 

Trubisky played well and lost to Foles.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what concerns me about the game...the Chiefs are the most penalized team in the NFL. That is #1 on my list of worries. Helping a guy like Luck extend drives (are you listening JJ Watt?) is a bad idea. Our only true strength on defense is rushing the QB and getting pressure. IF we cannot do that Luck will pick our swiss cheese defense apart. That is worry #2. I remember a playoff game at Arrowhead against the Colts where there wasn't a single punt. Didn't end well for us. This could be another one of those shootout games. When is the last time we beat the Colts in a shootout in the playoffs? Worry #3.

We all believe in Pat Mahomes. He cannot and should not be expected to carry the entire playoff hopes on his back. Other players need to show up and step up.

48 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Trubisky played well and lost to Foles.

At some point I think Foles is going to be recognized as a legit talent.  His poise in crucial situations is impressive.  No way at this point I’d consider Trubisky (who was solid) better. But that’s debatable. 

7 minutes ago, dhitter said:

This is what concerns me about the game...the Chiefs are the most penalized team in the NFL. That is #1 on my list of worries. Helping a guy like Luck extend drives (are you listening JJ Watt?) is a bad idea. Our only true strength on defense is rushing the QB and getting pressure. IF we cannot do that Luck will pick our swiss cheese defense apart. That is worry #2. I remember a playoff game at Arrowhead against the Colts where there wasn't a single punt. Didn't end well for us. This could be another one of those shootout games. When is the last time we beat the Colts in a shootout in the playoffs? Worry #3.

We all believe in Pat Mahomes. He cannot and should not be expected to carry the entire playoff hopes on his back. Other players need to show up and step up.

Penalties especially on defense have absolutely been a huge part of our problem. And the way the Colts play, it’s gonna be hard to get them off the field which indeed makes penalties crucial. I’ll add the Colts were the third most penalized team  

When you really look at it this year, we didnt win the toe to toe shootouts. 

I love this team to death...But, the fan base has been let down for so many years that it really sucks that all I can think about is 0-6 at home in the playoffs. I know this is a new team and new year but, they need to show me that they are for real this year. I know we all hate Sutton but, in the end, the players have to make the plays. It seems like every year in the playoffs some crazy ass play turns the tides against our beloved Chiefs. Can we please get a bounce our way?

Every game this year I have always assumed the worst because these fools always find a way to keep the other team in the game (coaching?). For once I would like to see Andy grab his nutz and step on another teams neck. Cannot be conservative...fcuk feelings for the other team..I would rather watch a corner get beat in man coverage because we blitz Luck..Damn it ,Sutton, STOP THE GOD DAMN RUN!!

I am optimistic that this team can win. They just cannot go out there and lose this game with dumb ass penalties...Stop the Unsportsmanlike penalties after a TD, that gives up field position. Don't jump offsides, Nnadi! Stop Holding, Fisher! DBs, turn your damn heads around and look for the ball..Can I get LB to hit someone with some authority?

I will be biting every single nail until only skin is left! I am so excited for this game but, my nerves will be shot all week.

Good luck, boys!

Now let's go get this shit!

19 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

38-35 Colts. I think we will lead most of the day and give up a TD pass in the back of the endzone on a blown coverage with about 00:13 on the clock, or something like that.

That's the way I see it. A silly penalty at the worst possible time and a blown coverage to give Indy a late win. 

Then, next year the D will improve and the O-line will be healthier and more stable. Then, a Chiefs Super Bowl win.

6 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

That's the way I see it. A silly penalty at the worst possible time and a blown coverage to give Indy a late win. 

Then, next year the D will improve and the O-line will be healthier and more stable. Then, a Chiefs Super Bowl win.

Most of the penalties are a result of poor play or lack of talent on the part of the DBs.  Defenders that aren't constantly getting beat don't have to grab, hold or shove to prevent receptions. 

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

Penalties have been down during the playoffs. Such a relief. 

indy is going to make some plays against our d. we all know that. what we hope is the d makes plays at the crucial times.  as far as our o i hope we run the ball a bit more and at least have two 600 min drives in the game. i believe that will help us win by controlling the clock keeping d fresher and hopefully forcing indy to play catch up. 

11 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

indy is going to make some plays against our d. we all know that. what we hope is the d makes plays at the crucial times.  as far as our o i hope we run the ball a bit more and at least have two 600 min drives in the game. i believe that will help us win by controlling the clock keeping d fresher and hopefully forcing indy to play catch up. 

Good points. Rewatched the NE vs Indi game from earlier this year. NE was patient, ran the ball, and playactioned off the that. A lot of James White out of the backfield and Gronkowski up the middle.

We don't need the D to play lights out. Just show up and be tough. Play smart with a nasty edge. Only two games at home away from the SB. Act like you want it.

1 hour ago, Balto said:

Saw the Colts are the worst team in the NFL vs TEs!  We have a pretty good one too

Texans has eight carries by their RBs and 1 reception by tight ends.  That’s just some awful play calling or a general game plan for that matter.  

6 hours ago, DefensiveMan said:

Good points. Rewatched the NE vs Indi game from earlier this year. NE was patient, ran the ball, and playactioned off the that. A lot of James White out of the backfield and Gronkowski up the middle.

We don't need the D to play lights out. Just show up and be tough. Play smart with a nasty edge. Only two games at home away from the SB. Act like you want it.

Throw that game out.  The colts barely were able to field a team on that short week.  

Article :by Lyle Graversen

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2019/01/07/indianapolis-colts-should-fear-the-kansas-city-chiefs/

I’m not here to say that the Colts defense is terrible and the Chiefs will walk all over them. However, I do think that the Colts defense has built their “much improved” reputation by facing a lot of average to poor offenses. The Colts’ 11 wins this season (including their playoff win) have come against nine different teams (they have 2 wins against both Houston and the Tennessee Titans). I have listed these nine teams below along with their league rank in yards per game and points per game.

• Washington Redskins – 28th and 29th
  • Buffalo Bills – 30th and 30th
  • Oakland Raiders – 23rd and 28th
  • Jacksonville Jaguars – 27th and 31st
  • Tennessee Titans – 25th and 27th
  • Miami Dolphins – 31st and 26th
  • Houston Texans – 15th and 11th
  • Dallas Cowboys – 22nd and 22nd
  • New York Giants – 17th and 16th
  • The average yards per game of these nine teams? 322.4

The average points per game of these nine teams? 19.6

The average yards and points per game of the Kansas City Chiefs? 425.6 and 35.3

• In their six losses, they did give up MUCH larger numbers. In those losses the Colts allowed 366.3 yards and 29.5 points per game. Those numbers even include an outlier game where they lost to the Jacksonville despite the fact that the Jaguars only scored six points and had 211 yards of total offense. If you exclude that game the Colts allowed 397.4 yards and 34.2 points per game in their other five losses. In other words, the Colts lost when the other team put up big numbers.

10 hours ago, jetlord said:

Most of the penalties are a result of poor play or lack of talent on the part of the DBs.  Defenders that aren't constantly getting beat don't have to grab, hold or shove to prevent receptions. 

Probably saved 3-4 holding penalties a game just by benching Scandrick.  😀

On 1/5/2019 at 7:35 PM, DefensiveMan said:

#1 seed. Playing against a QB who was out nearly two years, 1st year head coach under Pederson last year, and GM who was here at 1 Arrowhead Drive. No excuses for this one. Time to obliterate this cover 2 zone and this Indi Curse. 

Pederson coaches the eagles......👀

56 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Article :by Lyle Graversen

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2019/01/07/indianapolis-colts-should-fear-the-kansas-city-chiefs/

I’m not here to say that the Colts defense is terrible and the Chiefs will walk all over them. However, I do think that the Colts defense has built their “much improved” reputation by facing a lot of average to poor offenses. The Colts’ 11 wins this season (including their playoff win) have come against nine different teams (they have 2 wins against both Houston and the Tennessee Titans). I have listed these nine teams below along with their league rank in yards per game and points per game.

• Washington Redskins – 28th and 29th
  • Buffalo Bills – 30th and 30th
  • Oakland Raiders – 23rd and 28th
  • Jacksonville Jaguars – 27th and 31st
  • Tennessee Titans – 25th and 27th
  • Miami Dolphins – 31st and 26th
  • Houston Texans – 15th and 11th
  • Dallas Cowboys – 22nd and 22nd
  • New York Giants – 17th and 16th
  • The average yards per game of these nine teams? 322.4

The average points per game of these nine teams? 19.6

The average yards and points per game of the Kansas City Chiefs? 425.6 and 35.3

• In their six losses, they did give up MUCH larger numbers. In those losses the Colts allowed 366.3 yards and 29.5 points per game. Those numbers even include an outlier game where they lost to the Jacksonville despite the fact that the Jaguars only scored six points and had 211 yards of total offense. If you exclude that game the Colts allowed 397.4 yards and 34.2 points per game in their other five losses. In other words, the Colts lost when the other team put up big numbers.

So at their worst, in their 6 losses, the Colts Defense gave up 70 yds and 6 pts LESS per game than the Chiefs Defense did for their entire season.

Great stat.

Fail.

As far as  curses,  WE, the fan base, are the ones cursed. The player don't remember most of our "cursed" losses.

The only Chief left from the 03 is maybe Colquit, and only a few left from the Luck "superman" loss.

Chiefs will win, as 2PM will show their secondary to be almost as bad as ours, and their pass rush isn't near as good.

Chiefs 34-24

3 hours ago, SEMO said:

I think he meant Reich, who was Pederson's OC.

"1st year HC under Pederson" is referencing the Colts HC????

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Don't be trying to explain things to a Ravens junkie.  They're beyond help.  🙂

Believe me, I know who Frank Reich is....lead the BEst Comeback in College Football History- UMD Terps vs Miami.

Then Bills vs Oilers.....cool customer....

Archived