chiefs play Indy

1 hour ago, the Warparty said:

we did in PIT

Valid point but to me this was kind of deceiving. Reality we built a huge lead. The defense blew it. And then we built another big lead. Only reason that game appeared close was because of a late fumble and alot of prevent defense. It's those game where we are going back and forth exchanging leads in the 4th quarter where we haven't come out on top all year. We either have put too much on a 23 year olds shoulders or the defense has just imploded at the wrong time. We've gotta get some defensive help to beat the Colts. But yes we need to aggresively try to score 50. Slippery slope. LOL (I do think this game will be in the low 30s, upper 20s personally)

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, omahacolt said:

Throw that game out.  The colts barely were able to field a team on that short week.  

Agree those short week Thursday games are so ridiculous its hard to take anything legitimate away from them. 

59 minutes ago, the Warparty said:

As far as  curses,  WE, the fan base, are the ones cursed. The player don't remember most of our "cursed" losses.

The only Chief left from the 03 is maybe Colquit, and only a few left from the Luck "superman" loss.

Chiefs will win, as 2PM will show their secondary to be almost as bad as ours, and their pass rush isn't near as good.

Chiefs 34-24

Agree. If we lose it won't be anything other than we weren't good enough. Now I agree last year we got absolutely hosed on a few crucial calls and the Mariotta deflection back to himself was as lucky as you can get (similiar to Lucks luck in Indy). But if we score even 3 points in the second half of that game, none of it would have mattered. It's all on us. Get to a point you can beat that kind of crap and all of a sudden that type of stuff will start to go the other way. Look at how we used to complain about the Broncos getting all the calls. And there was some truth to it. But now all of a sudden its Broncos fans crying about everything (and some of that is legit). Build a team that can create its own karma. Not sure if we are there yet (we will find out soon), but I feel pretty darn good we are on the right track. 

18 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

"1st year HC under Pederson" is referencing the Colts HC????

Believe me, I know who Frank Reich is....lead the BEst Comeback in College Football History- UMD Terps vs Miami.

Then Bills vs Oilers.....cool customer....

If you rephrase that into "first year head coach who worked under Pederson last year" it makes sense. 

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

Agree those short week Thursday games are so ridiculous its hard to take anything legitimate away from them. 

Especially that one.  I tried to go back and watch it a couple weeks ago but it was worthless considering who the colts were putting out there.  

19 hours ago, FANATIC said:

Whereas a top-5 defense doesn’t remain in the bracket, all five top-5 offenses (per DVOA) remain: 1. Chiefs 2. Rams 3. Chargers 4. Saints 5. Patriots … 10. Colts … 16. Eagles … 24. Cowboys

Take that further, the Rams, Chiefs, Patriots and Seattle are all at or near the bottom of the league in rushing defense y/a.  Those teams were 46-18.

KC has the top 5 all time offense in DVOA, even after their numbers were adjusted to account for the leaguewide offensive explosion.

I'm also struggling to find any good teams the colts beat out of their division.  The cowgirls maybe?

Kelce and Tyreek should eat that zone defense alive.  I like our chances.

KC by 10.

On 1/7/2019 at 12:37 PM, Mloe68 said:

But if we score even 3 points in the second half of that game, none of it would have mattered. It's all on us. Get to a point you can beat that kind of crap and all of a sudden that type of stuff will start to go the other way. Look at how we used to complain about the Broncos getting all the calls. And there was some truth to it. But now all of a sudden its Broncos fans crying about everything (and some of that is legit). Build a team that can create its own karma. Not sure if we are there yet (we will find out soon), but I feel pretty darn good we are on the right track. 

Very true, score in 2nd half and it's big difference.

I still go back to the DJ sack at end of the first half, DJ SMOKES the QB but freakin Jeff Tripplet call "forward progress stopped" that negates a sack/fumble/recovery and the TN scores their only 3pts in the first half (they won by one or 2).

To me that had to work on the team psyche. I mean, go look at that missed call on what should have been a crowning play in a great veterans career, and it was a BLATANT 'no, you guys ain't getttin ANY calls this game (evethough you're at home)'  

I still wish J Triplet ill . . . .and yes, they still should have won by scoring in 2nd half. (of course that would have helped if Kelsey, who was speared with no call, had stayed in the game.)

On 1/6/2019 at 9:31 AM, Mloe68 said:

Nahh. It’s just meaningless drama. In this life you control what you can control.

Yeah? Try talking up a potential no hitter in the 4th inning and see if you make it out of the dugout alive.

I think one thing that will be important and I have not seen talked about is the Colts are a dome team, they are so use to playing inside. I believe this will have some impact on the colts Saturday.  Playing outside in the cold and possible snow will impact their play more than the Chiefs. 

Just now, Jbeck said:

I think one thing that will be important and I have not seen talked about is the Colts are a dome team, they are so use to playing inside. I believe this will have some impact on the colts Saturday.  Playing outside in the cold and possible snow will impact their play more than the Chiefs. 

heard that logic before.. means nothing

Since 2015, the Colts have played a total of 18 December games — nine road outdoor games and nine games in an enclosed roof stadium, either home or away. They have a 6-3 record when playing indoors. compared to one of just 2-7 when playing outside.

30 minutes ago, Jbeck said:

Colts fans are celebrating every report on possible bad weather.  They think it gives them an advantage in their run game.  Suppose we could say the same about Colts' DBs trying to match cuts by the Chiefs' WRs.  I think there's not much advantage to either side.

2 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

The Colts are really banged up at safety.  I'd go 4-5 wide frequently and test their will.

So we’ll pound the rock for sure.

sorry, hard  not to be cynical after all the years

and now Watkins and berry are being soft as fuck 

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Short passes are just as effective for us as a run. Be even better for us as we can use speed then in the open field.

Heck yes. I suspect Andy is primed to use their aggressive and youth against them with a lot of screen passes. Get them back on their heels and then attack the deeper zones. They haven’t played a legit downfield throwing QB all year from what I can see. Their D is set up to stop big plays, but if we screen them to death early it could open up everything.

That Colts haven't  given up 30 points in an NFL leading 11 games. We’ve scored 30 or more in 9 of our last 11.  Whoever breaks those numbers likely wins.  

34 minutes ago, Calichief said:

So we’ll pound the rock for sure.

sorry, hard  not to be cynical after all the years

and now Watkins and berry are being soft as fuck 

We better get running backs involved!  The Texans only ran the ball 8 fricking times last week in one of the worst offensive game plans in playoff history. 

Archived